It's about time! Louisiana School Board Rejects ACLU’s Demands .....

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Darkhorse

Bible Page

Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you read the article?

“At the same time, the board wishes to publicly reaffirm its intent to operate a successful school district in which equal access is recognized and the legal rights of all students are respected, including those of its students who wish to engage in student-led, student-initiated religious expression,” the statement continued.
The board found that the prayer boxes had not even materialized yet, but even so, would be permissible because the concept came from students. The board also had no problem with Rowland’s words, and did not find him to be engaging in proselytization, contrary to the ACLU’s claims."

The board also unanimously passed a resolution reaffirming its commitment to the religious rights of students.

“Now therefore be it resolved that the Bossier Parish School Board does hereby proclaim to the citizens of Bossier Parish, the citizens of the State of Louisiana, and to freedom-loving Americans everywhere that in Bossier Parish schools the constitutional and statutory rights of students to engage in student-led, student-initiated religious expression shall be respected, allowed and defended,” it reads in part.

On Saturday, hundreds attended a rally in support of Airline High School, praying and listening to speeches from local leaders.

“What the enemy meant for evil, God is certainly turning around for good,” declared Rep. Mike Johnson, R-Bossier City. “They have kicked awake a sleeping giant, and we need to keep this momentum going.”‘

On what grounds? Let's see, harassment, violation of first amendment rights of individuals, and anything else a high paid attorney can think of to kick the teeth of anti-religious communist harassers like ACLU.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you read the article?

Yes, I read the article, which I believe was clear from my post.

On what grounds? Let's see, harassment, violation of first amendment rights of individuals, and anything else a high paid attorney can think of to kick the teeth of anti-religious communist harassers like ACLU.

None of those would be valid, and the court would quickly dismiss any such motions.

"Anti-religious communist harassers like ACLU" pretty clearly shows that you are less well-informed on the matter than you imagine.

Upvote 0

Bible Page

Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I read the article, which I believe was clear from my post.

None of those would be valid, and the court would quickly dismiss any such motions.

"Anti-religious communist harassers like ACLU" pretty clearly shows that you are less well-informed on the matter than you imagine.
Think so if you want. Anything an attorney can dream up works for me.

And if you don't know the ACLU was founded by Communists you're the one that is ill informed.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Think so if you want. Anything an attorney can dream up works for me.

That's not really the way the courts work.

And if you don't know the ACLU was founded by Communists you're the one that is ill informed.

I don't much care who founded the ACLU, and Communists aren't bogeymen.

Upvote 0

Bible Page

Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not really the way the courts work.
Well since an attorney hasn't been mentioned as yet, you really can't say that.

I don't much care who founded the ACLU, and Communists aren't bogeymen.
Yes, because Communist government has been so widely successful in the history of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The most irritating thing about it altogether is that the school is not violating the 1st Amendment, period. An actual nation wide institution with an alleged premise of objectivity completely condemns it's own standing by these antics- threatening on false grounds.
They NEED to be sued, and CAN be sued, for these things. The ACLU has gotten so pompous that they do not know when they cross the line, and this is one of those cases.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Louisiana School Board Rejects ACLU’s Demands Over Prayer Boxes, Use of ‘God Bless You’

:clap: A Communist founded organization that demands Christians cower to their demands or else can take a hike baby! YEAH!

Now all that the LSB needs to do is counter sue the creeps and make an example of them. :oldthumbsup:

47b20s0.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I totally agree. It's about time a board stands up when the ACLU wants to shut down religious liberty in government funded public schools. Right there with ya.
47b20s0.gif

Amen!!!!!

bliss.gif

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you guys know the ACLU also fights for religious liberties of Christians as well. They are the American Civil Liberties Union. If you're an American and your civil liberties are being infringed upon, they are here for you.

Upvote 0

Bible Page

Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope you guys know the ACLU also fights for religious liberties of Christians as well. They are the American Civil Liberties Union. If you're an American and your civil liberties are being infringed upon, they are here for you.
Until they decide to infringe on your religious liberties if your Christian. They fight for and they fight against. They're in busy business all the time. And they're very very rich.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Until they decide to infringe on your religious liberties if your Christian. They fight for and they fight against. They're in busy business all the time. And they're very very rich.

Have you considered that occasionally your "religious liberties" may infringe on the religious liberties of others?

Upvote 0