✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Story
The United States and its allies must act to stop Iran's nuclear programs -- by force if necessary -- because conventional diplomacy will not work, three senior Israeli lawmakers from across the political spectrum warned yesterday.
As a last resort, they said, Israel itself would act unilaterally to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear arms.
Iran will not be deterred "by anything short of a threat of force," said Arieh Eldad, a member of Israel's right-wing National Union Party, part of a delegation of Knesset members visiting Washington this week.
"They won't be stopped unless they are convinced their programs will be destroyed if they continue," he said.

R

rebelEnigma

Suuuuuuure, the U.S. can stop the Iranians from developing and using nuclear arms. No problem. Anytime. They just have to snap their fingers. Shock and awe. Thousand points of light.

I'm sure we can stop Iran if we wanted too, but then Russia would get involved, and China, and we'd have to fight five nations, instead of two. Plus there's the issue of a draft that would come into effect. Iran's twice the size of Iraq and we would need several million to take over a country like that. But, then again we do have thousands of nuclear missles and armaments, so I'm sure we could just obliterate the Middle-East...along with our supply of oil.

It kinda sucks, but if Israel does this, they have God on their side, which is more effective than a million nukes.

Upvote 0

Chosen One

Jul 14, 2005
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
rebelEnigma said:
I'm sure we can stop Iran if we wanted too, but then Russia would get involved, and China, and we'd have to fight five nations, instead of two. Plus there's the issue of a draft that would come into effect. Iran's twice the size of Iraq and we would need several million to take over a country like that. But, then again we do have thousands of nuclear missles and armaments, so I'm sure we could just obliterate the Middle-East...along with our supply of oil.

The oil is underground- so as long as we don't set off an raidoactive bunker busters- we should be ok.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
rebelEnigma said:

It kinda sucks, but if Israel does this, they have God on their side, which is more effective than a million nukes.
I think the US will give Isreal a secret blessing to go ahead and bomb the Iran facility like they did in the early 80's in Iraq. US won't do anything to Iran except using a carrot. Isreal will be the stick. I said this to my brother a year and a half ago that this would be the case. Mark on it.

Upvote 0