Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I accept some of what is said, as it is no different from the rules of warfare in line with accepted protocols within the Geneva Convention. Of course the Convention breaks down when you are not dealing with nation/states. We have seen a good example of this quite recently in the USA with the farce that was Guantanamo Bay. These people did not belong to a Nation's army, thefore the Convention did not apply to them.

That said, the sections regarding the killing of children are completely out of line. The Torah does allow for killing, but places very specific guidance of what is and is not acceptable.

Some people (believers) may well object and say, those nasty Jews, they observe the letter of the law, but are bloodthirsty and opposed to grace. However, this is a double standard as many believers serve in the armed forces of their own countries.

I am not a fanatical zionist, but I would hedge my bets that if I owned a boat which fired missiles into Los Angeles (for a good example, hedonists as many are) for no reason other than the fact I objected to them being there, it would not be long before my boat was blown out of the water. I would also expect my boat to be blown out of the water even if it was full of like minded civilians.

The idea of human shields has not been adequately addressed by the international courts and so this will continue to pose a contentious issue until resolved.

Steve

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thought some folks might be interested in this:

The Media Line
Seems like it is not much different than the rules Islam applies to non-Muslims.....
This rabbi does use an interesting word here though:

*snip*

....An Israeli Rabbi living in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank has caused a firestorm in both Israeli and Palestinian media with a new book outlining a series of Jewish theological arguments for killing those who threaten Israel or demand Israeli land............

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seems like it is not much different than the rules Islam applies to non-Muslims.....

*snip*

....An Israeli Rabbi living in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank has caused a firestorm in both Israeli and Palestinian media with a new book outlining a series of Jewish theological arguments for killing those who threaten Israel or demand Israeli land............
Actually military among christians wasn't established until Constantine's "vision"

Reactions: tropicalgold
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually military among christians wasn't established until Constantine's "vision"
I am not sure I will post much on this thread as it seems to be going the route that "Zionism" thread did before it was closed and deleted.

Every country has a right to defend themselves from attack, but one thing is sure, Islam will not rest until all mankind embraces that religion and the Sharia laws, including the US. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t5635831/
Would people leave the U.S. if Sharia Laws were enacted?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not sure I will post much on this thread as it seems to be going the route that "Zionism" thread did before it was closed and deleted.

Every country has a right to defend themselves from attack, but one thing is sure, Islam will not rest until all mankind embraces that religion and the Sharia laws, including the US. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t5635831/
Would people leave the U.S. if Sharia Laws were enacted?
In God we trust, everyone else pays cash ;)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

*snip*

Theological--it always helps to think one has God Almighty on one's side, whether one truly does or does not. (Of course, He may start on your side, until you reject His way (the universal "you").)

So, are certain Christian, Muslim, and Jewish folks all pulling together to the end, thinking they all serve God Almighty in this physical war?

There's a thread in Apologetics asking whether we all serve the same (G)god.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) (Hebrew: צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Tzva HaHagana LeYisra'el, lit. Defense Army for Israel), commonly known in Israel by the Hebrew acronym Tzahal (צה"ל), are Israel's military forces, comprising the ground forces, air force and navy. It is the sole military wing of the Israeli security forces, and has no civilian jurisdiction within Israel. The IDF is headed by its Chief of General Staff, the Ramatkal, subordinate to the Defense Minister of Israel; the current Chief of Staff, since 2007, is Lieutenant General Gabi Ashkenazi.

At the order of Defense Minister David Ben-Gurion on May 26, 1948, the Israel Defense Forces were officially formed as a conscript army out of the paramilitary group Haganah, incorporating the militant groups Irgun and Lehi. It served as Israel's armed forces in all the country's major military operations — including the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, the 1956 Sinai War, the 1967 Six-Day War, the War of Attrition, the 1973 Yom Kippur War, Operation Litani, the 1982 Lebanon War, Operation Defensive Wall, the 2006 Lebanon War and Operation Cast Lead. While originally the IDF was operational on three fronts—against Lebanon and Syria in the north, Jordan and Iraq in the east, and Egypt in the south—after the 1979 Egyptian–Israeli Peace Treaty, its activities have mainly been concentrated in southern Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories, including the First and the Second Intifada.

The Israel Defense Forces differs from most armed forces in the world in many ways, including the conscription of women, and the structure, with close relations between the ground forces, air force and navy. Since its founding, the IDF has striven to be a unique army fitting Israel's specific requirements. In 1965, the Israel Defense Forces was awarded the Israel Prize for its contribution to education. The IDF uses several technologies developed in Israel, many of them made specifically to match the IDF's needs, such as the Merkava main battle tank, advanced Hi-Tech weapons systems, and the Galil and Tavor assault rifles. The Uzi submachine gun was used by the IDF until December 2003, ending a service that began in 1954. The IDF also has close military relations with the United States, including development cooperation, such as on the F-15I jet, THEL laser defense system, and the Arrow missile defense system.

Israel_army_flag.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I accept some of what is said, as it is no different from the rules of warfare in line with accepted protocols within the Geneva Convention. Of course the Convention breaks down when you are not dealing with nation/states. We have seen a good example of this quite recently in the USA with the farce that was Guantanamo Bay. These people did not belong to a Nation's army, thefore the Convention did not apply to them.

That said, the sections regarding the killing of children are completely out of line. The Torah does allow for killing, but places very specific guidance of what is and is not acceptable.

Some people (believers) may well object and say, those nasty Jews, they observe the letter of the law, but are bloodthirsty and opposed to grace. However, this is a double standard as many believers serve in the armed forces of their own countries.

I am not a fanatical zionist, but I would hedge my bets that if I owned a boat which fired missiles into Los Angeles (for a good example, hedonists as many are) for no reason other than the fact I objected to them being there, it would not be long before my boat was blown out of the water. I would also expect my boat to be blown out of the water even if it was full of like minded civilians.

The idea of human shields has not been adequately addressed by the international courts and so this will continue to pose a contentious issue until resolved.

Steve
Rev 12:10
10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

2 Cor 10:3-4
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )

The Geneva Convention (according to my old pastor)

1) do not have an active part (not in arms) - humanely actions
2) against violence and hostage abuse
3) against coersion
4) against killing of innocent

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the Rabbi, ""Any case in which the life of the civilian endangers Israel," the book states, "it is allowed to kill a gentile."

But . . . I thought they were our friends?

I think that's what the folks at Ft. Hood were thinking.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lines are being drawn, no?

While others preach peace.

Isa. 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to [him that is] far off, and to [him that is] near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Eph. 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

An Israeli Rabbi living in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank has caused a firestorm in both Israeli and Palestinian media with a new book outlining a series of Jewish theological arguments for killing those who threaten Israel or demand Israeli land...

What this could portend is the beginning of a general movement among the religious Jewish settlers in Judaea and Samaria (also known as the West Bank and East Jerusalem) to defend their settlements with violence against any Palestinian forces (or even the Israel Defense Forces, if it must come to that) who would try to shut down their settlements as part of the granting of full Palestinian state-sovereignty to the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

The ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel are the wild card in the "peace" negotiations which is usually completely overlooked. They could turn the whole thing into chaos by getting so squeezed that they take up arms (which they are permitted to carry for self-defense against the Palestinians) in an all-out religious revolt against the secular Israeli government and its abandoning of the historically most important and the most holy parts of the land of Israel promised by God to the Jews since the time of Abraham.

Imagine a scenario where the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel become so enraged at Israel's complete abandonment of its heritage, its whole reason for being, that they take up arms in their tens of thousands and march together as a great army to take back the Temple Mount from Muslim control. With huge bulldozers they could knock down the Muslim Dome of the Rock (the site of the first two Jewish temples) on the Temple Mount and then the Al-Aqsa Mosque at the southern end of the Temple Mount to clear the site for the building of a third Jewish temple.

Of course, such an act would completely enrage Muslims worldwide, as the Muslim structures on the Temple Mount are the third holiest in Islam (right after those in Mecca and Medina). The Muslims worldwide could declare an all-out jihad against Israel, and a huge Iraqi Army, built up by the U.S. to defeat Iran, could, instead of attacking huge Iran, suddenly turn and attack tiny Israel instead, completely defeating it (Daniel 11:15-16), except for the walled Old City of Jerusalem (which contains the Temple Mount), which the ultra-Orthodox Jews could defend with thousands of men with machine guns lined along the tops of it walls. The Muslim Iraqi Army wouldn't want to harm the Old City in any way, seeing that it is so holy to Islam, and so the Iraqi Army could simply decide to lay siege to it until the ultra-Orthodox Jews run out of food and water and surrender.

But the ultra-Orthodox Jews could have stored up months worth of food and water, and while they are under siege they could clear the rubble from the Temple Mount and rebuild a third Jewish temple, with materials they brought with them in trucks when they first attacked the Temple Mount. They could then declare (what they could call) "the true state of Israel", which will have the Mosaic law as its law, and will practice all the animal sacrifices and temple rituals commanded therein:

"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein" (Revelation 11:1).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums