So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How can you say there are no innocents when you literally just mentioned a woman in Raqqa who urged her son to consider leaving IS?
I've commented before on this, but my biggest problem with Orwell's 1984 was the idea of "Doublethink". Before participating in these forums, I really couldn't believe that people could hold two obviously contradictory ideas simultaneously. This forum has cured me of that.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Although a crusade was called against them, the Albigensians were not eradicated as a result of armed conflict. Rather, the heresy died out by the establishment of the Inquisition. Over a period of time, the Inquisition helped restore peace by helping the heretics return to the Faith through confession and penance.

Doesn't that just warm your heart?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How can you say there are no innocents when you literally just mentioned a woman in Raqqa who urged her son to consider leaving IS?

Someone will have to make the hard decisions and be called a villain and nope, it's not going to be me.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Would you like to also bring up what Stalin did in the name of Atheism?

Would you like to demonstrate that he did that "in the name of atheism"? And not, you know, in the name of communism, or in the name of power, or in the name of having a nice beard? Stalin was an atheist, yes. But do you really think he killed millions because he didn't believe in god?

You say that when you democrats kill babies every day?

Does that matter to the discussion at hand? You're advocating the cold-blooded murder of god only knows how many innocents. Please acknowledge this, or demonstrate that Raqqa has no infants or young children in it.

If this were common in Islam, I'm sure we'd never hear about it. That fact that it's been reported on suggests matricide is not all that common, even for the animals in IS.

Honor killings are disturbingly common. This case is neither particularly egregious nor, I would think, particularly newsworthy.

That is, if you want to look at the news like that. Because personally, I think we should all be acutely aware of the things radical islamists do on a regular basis in the west.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a nonsense.

I agree. It is nonsense to teach that God or "Allah" has not graced mankind with the gift of free will. But that's basic Islam.

...In Islam, it's so engraved that even angels were incapable of naming animals, let alone unworthy men. Only God could possibly have the free will and intellect to 'create' a name... In Islam EVERYTHING is by God... Man is simply a puppet who has no freedom to choose anything. It's either allah chooses or he chooses not.

Upvote 0