USA
Visit site
✟7,748.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Grizzly said:
Muslims have killed Christians. Christians have killed Muslims. Hindus have killed Buddhists. Buddhists have killed Hindus. Protestants have killed Catholics. Catholics have killed Protestants. Atheists have killed Christians. Christians have killed Atheists. Hutus have killed Tutsis. Tutsis have killed Hutus. Jews have killed Muslims. Muslims have killed Jews. Christians have killed Jews. Jews have killed Christians..........

Where are we going with this thread?
I know where I'm going with this thead, and so do you.

But your passive answer is "Moral Equivalence" which does not exist and which I reject.

Muslims are killing and Persecuting their neighbors and minorities far out of proportion to their numbers.

"...There is more. All but one of the world's remaining military regimes are in Muslim countries. With the exception of Turkey and Bangladesh, there are no real elections in any Muslim country. Of the current 30 active conflicts in the world no fewer than 28 concern Muslim governments and/or communities. Two-thirds of the world's political prisoners are held in Muslim countries, which also carry out 80% of all executions each year..""

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/150

That's Where I'm going with the thread.

Upvote 0

mbig

Sep 18, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟7,748.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Saudi Arabia

Problems and needs

[font=Arial,Helvetica]The Church in Saudi Arabia is living under the most difficult circumstances. The regime has declared the entire Arabian peninsula 'haram,' forbidden to all other religions, and it is enforcing this prohibition strictly. Freedom of religion does not exist. The Government prohibits the practice of other religions, be it in public or in private. Saudi law states that no churches may be built north of Yemen and south of Jordan. It is impossible for foreigners to visit Saudi Arabia as tourists. One can only enter the kingdom on business visa (i.e. on the invitation of a company already active in the country), or as a Muslim pilgrim. [/font]​

[font=Arial,Helvetica]The survey of problems and needs of the Church in Saudi Arabia is completely determined by the total prohibition of any religion but Islam. [/font]​

Go to 'Country info'​

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
fungle said:
Maybe they remember the tales of the crusaders who tried to destroy a culture.The words for it are christian directed genocide. Remember the atrocities carried out in the name of a christian salvation.
Exactly! Maybe what these Christians don't get is: IT'S THEIR COUNTRY-THEY GET TO MAKE THE RULES! If you don't like the rules, emigrate or go home, whichever is appropriate. But stop expecting everyone else to rescue your silly butt when you go where you know the LAW of the land says what you are doing is illegal. I mean DUH-you might not like the outcome. I wouldn't feel any more sympathetic to someone who came here and continued to want to practice throwing widows on the funeral pyre of their dead husbands because it's their religious practice in India, and neither would you. It's ILLEGAL HERE so you might expect to go to jail OR GET THE DEATH PENALTY FOR MURDER.

Lillith

Upvote 0

mbig

Sep 18, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟7,748.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Lillithspeak said:
Exactly! Maybe what these Christians don't get is: IT'S THEIR COUNTRY-THEY GET TO MAKE THE RULES! If you don't like the rules, emigrate or go home, whichever is appropriate. But stop expecting everyone else to rescue your silly butt when you go where you know the LAW of the land says what you are doing is illegal. I mean DUH-you might not like the outcome. I wouldn't feel any more sympathetic to someone who came here and continued to want to practice throwing widows on the funeral pyre of their dead husbands because it's their religious practice in India, and neither would you. It's ILLEGAL HERE so you might expect to go to jail OR GET THE DEATH PENALTY FOR MURDER.

Lillith
What Really Disappointing and Backwards replies above.

The First that the Saudi Intolerance is OK because of the Crusades 800 Years ago (!)
(Really Really Dim weak answer)

And the second reply above Agreeing! with it and adding 'That's the law of the Land' so it OK".. Never mind that the Law Is Horrible Intolerance.

Never mind that if we had a similar Law these people would be Yelling bloody Murder.
(Is a "No Black People allowed" also OK?
Or no "White People"?)

Tell me, who are you two Jokers who think Jailing someone for carrying a Bible is OK and compare it outlawing Murder!!!!!

That's the most inappropiate, most unintelligent, reply I've ever recieved on a message board.

Upvote 0

ashibaka

ShiiAce
Jun 15, 2002
Visit site
✟9,047.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
mbig (paraphrased) said:

But your passive answer is "Moral Equivalence" which does not exist and which I reject.

Muslims killing Christians is the only kind of death I care about.

Did I summarize your post correctly?

Upvote 0

mbig

Sep 18, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟7,748.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
ashibaka said:
"I know where I'm going with this thead, and so do you.

Muslims killing Christians is the only kind of death I care about.
"

Did I summarize your post correctly?
No, you absolutely Did not summarize correctly.

What you did was take my First few lines, and then ad your ending. Thereby intentionally incorrectly summarizing my post which said

Muslims are killing and Persecuting their neighbors and minorities far out of proportion to their numbers.

"...There is more. All but one of the world's remaining military regimes are in Muslim countries. With the exception of Turkey and Bangladesh, there are no real elections in any Muslim country. Of the current 30 active conflicts in the world no fewer than 28 concern Muslim governments and/or communities. Two-thirds of the world's political prisoners are held in Muslim countries, which also carry out 80% of all executions each year..""

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/150

That's Where I'm going with the thread.[/b]

Bad and disingenuous attempt.

try again.

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
mbig said:
What Really Disappointing and Backwards replies above.

The First that the Saudi Intolerance is OK because of the Crusades 800 Years ago (!)
(Really Really Dim weak answer)

And the second reply above Agreeing! with it and adding 'That's the law of the Land' so it OK".. Never mind that the Law Is Horrible Intolerance.

Never mind that if we had a similar Law these people would be Yelling bloody Murder.
(Is a "No Black People allowed" also OK?
Or no "White People"?)

Tell me, who are you two Jokers who think Jailing someone for carrying a Bible is OK and compare it outlawing Murder!!!!!

That's the most inappropiate, most unintelligent, reply I've ever recieved on a message board.
What part of "it's their country" don't you get? They don't have our Constitution nor do they have our Bill of Rights. So, you may find it unintelligent to point that out, but, since you still don't seem to grasp the concept-who's having an intelligence problem? And you don't seem to grasp analogies very well either. Both scenarios are against the law in their respective lands and legal in others. So, if it's against the law to carry a bible, maybe you shouldn't whine when you get arrested for doing so. If you want to live in a country that allows all religions to be expressed, try living in Europe or N. America.

Although, I suspect that if you folks had your way, we'd be a theocracy too regardless of the horrible example every other theocratic country sets.

Lillith

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Lillithspeak said:

Lillith
So you are under the opinion that what is illegal is the beginning and end of morality? Can not the law be immoral and unjust? Is preaching the word of God really equivilent to throwing widows on the fire?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fungle said:
Maybe they remember the tales of the crusaders who tried to destroy a culture.The words for it are christian directed genocide. Remember the atrocities carried out in the name of a christian salvation.
PLEASE get your history straight if you want to try and argue facts. This is total balderdash.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
davidlevin said:
So much for Christians being "peaceful" creatures. I guess there IS hatred here in the Christian community towards Muslims. I hope you are right in saying that the majority are not like mbig. Bad experience anyone? I guess converting to Islam will be a good idea after all.
Please explain how the Christians here are not the peaceful ones when we are discussing Muslims murdering Christians. Please show how pointing out facts about Muslims constitutes hate. Please show how mbig in incorrect about what he's said.
I can understand you wanting to convert to Islam, YOUR hatred of Christianity will fit right in.

Reactions: MaryS
Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[noflame]

Some posters are getting dangerously close to the line. Let's be kind to others, all right? :)

Attachments

• clicksmilies.png
    clicksmilies.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0