Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
True, there have been many different religions who thought they could bring about the end of the world. But, as it says in Mark 13:32, not even the angels or the Son knows, only the Father. So, there's nothing they can do to bring on the Apocalypse.

agreed. the best we can say is that it is comming--not when.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know that much about Islam, but I had read somewhere that they are the off-shoot of Abraham's first son, Ishmael. (I don't know if that's true or not.) Where Judaism is the precursor of Christianity, Islam is an off-shoot (of Judaism).
Historically Islam came around 600 years after Christianity but according to Muslims Islam is simply the religion which all the prophets preached like Abraham and Jesus. The Arabs believe they are descendants of Ishmael but they were Pagans and couldn't trace their beliefs to him.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Oh Jesus is coming soon, not that it's something those wicked demons should be looking forward to.

When the day arrives that our Lord returns to earth to judge the living and the dead I'm quite sure they instantly will regret their wish for him to come...

I dont like the idea of having an unrepentant heart on that day when the earth shakes of his glory and holiness.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Historically Islam came around 600 years after Christianity but according to Muslims Islam is simply the religion which all the prophets preached like Abraham and Jesus. The Arabs believe they are descendants of Ishmael but they were Pagans and couldn't trace their beliefs to him.

Thanks for clearing that up. Like I said, I don't know that much about Islam, but I've seen cases where a group thinks they can usher in the "end of the world" with a war. That seems to be a reoccurring theme with various groups.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I guess, like a lot of other religions, they change their view of Jesus to fit their agenda.

Yes. They will be feeling the heat from Christendom, qua Russia, in no uncertain fashion.

Upvote 0