Not open for further replies.

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't scream for war. I understand that war has been declared. Like all rational people, I know that you cannot have peace with an enemy bent on your destruction. The jihadists do not want a brokered peace. They want the destruction of Israel and a world governed by sharia law. They want the elimination of all Christians. There is no treaty making with them. They must be defeated.

Oh, I understand that they are waging war against us, but remember: Christ never once told anybody to use violence on anybody. I agree with self-defense, and increasing security to prevent terrorist attacks on American soil, but to aggressively go on the offensive? No, I don't agree.

And are you seriously worried about their want for the destruction of Israel? You do realize that God gave Israel a promise, an unconditional covenant, right? If you're worried that ISIS could actually defeat Israel, then you have no faith in God's covenant with Abraham (from which we derive our benefits as being grafted in through Christ) and you also don't have any faith in the Word of God being true, because He says what will happen between now and the End -- Israel will be backed into a corner, they're going to call upon Him, and He will save them.

Yes, ISIS must be defeated, but if it comes down to it, HE will trample them under His Holy and Mighty Feet.

ISIS cannot win. They're doomed to failure.

I have faith in my God, my Lord, and His Word. I'm not afraid of ISIS, nor do I feel the need to get enraged and start mass murder.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And that's worked soooooooo well for us the last few decades, hasn't it?
The last few decades where the military has been used, you mean?
What will work is that we kill them all; down to the mail clerks. If you're a member of a terrorist organization you die. Period. They are unfit to live among civilized people.
Remind me again how we're better than them?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't scream for war. I understand that war has been declared. Like all rational people, I know that you cannot have peace with an enemy bent on your destruction. The jihadists do not want a brokered peace. They want the destruction of Israel and a world governed by sharia law. They want the elimination of all Christians. There is no treaty making with them. They must be defeated.
You can't "defeat" a concept. All you can do is police it.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why do people refuse to learn or admit mistake? Do they believe it somehow dishonors them or makes them less of a person? That's ridiculous..
I think that for a lot of them, that's big part of it, yes. If they don't admit their talking points ae in error, they don't have to stop using them, and they really seem to think their nonsensical ranting somehow "helps" their "side", as though truth isn't determined by, you know, reality, but rather how many internet arguments you called someone a liberal in.

Reactions: Murby
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes God uses the death of a Christian to witness to others. Sometimes terrorists see that Christians refuse to renounce Christ before their deaths, and it pricks something deep down in their souls that maybe there's something to Christianity afterall.
It hasn't worked in four decades. Kidnapping, raping and selling 200 young girls as sex slaves didn't bring an ounce of remorse. It you want to capture them, take them to Gitmo, take away the ability to practice their evil "religion," and teach them about the Lord you might be able to save a few. Maybe. That requires putting soldiers in front of them to capture them, which puts the soldiers' lives at risk. There is no rehabilitation at Gitmo. We continue to indulge them by providing them with Korans and drawing arrows to show them where Mecca is. Not surprisingly, when we release them they return to murder more innocents.
There have been cases of Muslim Radicals converting when they see the horrors that go on.
Name three. I googled it and didn't find any.
There are Muslims who follow the peaceful writings of Mohammed when he was in Mecca and ignore the violent, sociopathic side he demonstrated in Messina. Many of them are outraged at the evils committed in the name of their religion, though most are afraid to speak up. There are also Muslims who converted to Christianity. Islam calls for their murder.
Those "subhuman" people are not subhuman at all,
Your opinion is noted, but the lives of a thousand terrorists don't equal the life of one civilized person, be they Muslim, Jew or Christian.
...including civilians...
There are no Isis civilians.
how many people are going to end up in Hell that might have otherwise been saved?
Do you think they're going to listen to the opinion of someone they've been raised since birth to hate?
So your position is that we should do nothing while evil people murder God's people and force their children to convert to an evil religion. Got it.

So those who sat by and did nothing while the SS rounded up and murdered the Jews have no blood on their hands, right?
I won't address the last part because there is no debating someone who blames America for the rise of radical Islamists in a region dominated by Islam for centuries.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It hasn't worked in four decades. Kidnapping, raping and selling 200 young girls as sex slaves didn't bring an ounce of remorse. It you want to capture them, take them to Gitmo, take away the ability to practice their evil "religion," and teach them about the Lord you might be able to save a few. Maybe. That requires putting soldiers in front of them to capture them, which puts the soldiers' lives at risk. There is no rehabilitation at Gitmo. We continue to indulge them by providing them with Korans and drawing arrows to show them where Mecca is. Not surprisingly, when we release them they return to murder more innocents.
GITMO and ISIS and 4 decades in the same paragraph. Cool.
There are no Isis civilians.
How convenient.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Your opinion is noted, but the lives of a thousand terrorists don't equal the life of one civilized person, be they Muslim, Jew or Christian.

A truly civilized person recognizes the value of all life.

Do you think they're going to listen to the opinion of someone they've been raised since birth to hate?

Is that what happened to you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Are you serious? "teach them about the Lord" while they're in Gitmo?

What are you going to do, walk up to them and say "Hey, we think you're trash because we stuck you in here, BUT, if you pray to our God, He just might save you if you ask Him to!"

You don't get people to turn to the Lord by torturing them. That's just entirely screwed up, not to mention that's misrepresenting Him entirely. You claim to be a Christian, and you don't seem to know that He is all about love and forgiveness? Did Christ get a whip and some rope when the Pharisees refused to accept Him? No, He turned His back on them and went to the Gentiles, and they heard Him.

There are Muslims who follow the peaceful writings of Mohammed when he was in Mecca and ignore the violent, sociopathic side he demonstrated in Messina. Many of them are outraged at the evils committed in the name of their religion, though most are afraid to speak up. There are also Muslims who converted to Christianity. Islam calls for their murder.

So basically, you're saying the same thing I'd been saying all along -- every Muslim picks and chooses which parts of the faith they decide to follow. ISIS follows the Messina where Mohammad was violent, and the "peaceful" ones follow the peaceful writings. Both decide to pick-and-choose which parts they want.

But what are you doing? You're not following what Christ said to do at all. You call yourself a Christian, but yet I don't see Christ in what you're posting. "You will know them by their fruits", He said. I look at the things you've said in this thread, and I can't tell the difference between your fruit and their fruit. Both are bitter and foul tasting. No offense meant, but I think you seriously need to examine yourself according to the standards Christ laid out in the Bible.

Who do you think you are to make that kind of judgement? Are you God? We are all worth exactly the same -- the price paid in Blood. Christ's Blood. Which He willingly shed, for everybody. You're not worth more than me, I'm not worth more than you, and get this: we're not worth more than a terrorist.

We are all sinners, we all deserve Hell, and the only reason why some of us won't be going to Hell, is because we repented and followed Christ. This doesn't make us special. Our salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, lest any man should boast.

Some Muslims convert when Holy Spirit gets ahold of their conscience and convicts them when their head is laying on the pillow at night after they witnessed one too many horrors...

So your position is that we should do nothing while evil people murder God's people and force their children to convert to an evil religion. Got it.

No, our position is that we should pray for them and those who are killed. Big difference.

So those who sat by and did nothing while the SS rounded up and murdered the Jews have no blood on their hands, right?
I won't address the last part because there is no debating someone who blames America for the rise of radical Islamists in a region dominated by Islam for centuries.

Wars get started, sometimes God ordains wars. In the end, God has a plan, and while the SS murdered countless Jews, you can't possibly put the blame on people who were not able to fight them.

As for the rise of radical Islam.... did you not read what I said? They are using weapons WE sold them against us. Where do you think they got these weapons? Look up some of the dirty weapons deals we did. You know that Osama bin Laden guy? He wasn't always a radical. In fact, he was once a friend of ours that we supplied weapons to. Well, guess what? He decides to turn around and start shooting at us with our own guns. What if we hadn't supplied him with weapons?

How about Saddam Hussein? He ruled with an iron fist, but at least there wasn't Shiite-Sunni wars going on, and new terror groups rising up. Yes, the area had been dominated by Islam for lots and lots of years, but I don't recall anybody in the 1940s, 1960s, 1980s, suicide bombing anybody in the US or Europe, do you?

But no, we upset the balance of power over there and within 10-20 years everything just goes absolute crazy. Maybe if there were stable (even if iron fist dictator) governments over there, then maybe these people wouldn't be able to trample all over everybody, mmm? Do you think Hussein would have allowed these guys to just march into Iraq if he were still in power, if we hadn't bombed the ever-living daylights out of Baghdad?

Last edited:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
The argument a thread posted here is helping to feed the desire of Islamist to spread terror is so obviously and fundamentally flawed as to be silly on its face. It calls into question why you would actually make it. What agenda you were actually attempting to promote.

Let me see if I can educate you a little bit on this....
If you are incapable of understanding what these articles say or if you lack comprehension of this, then there isn't much more I can do to help you.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-by-killing-people-with-rocket-launchers.html

http://theweek.com/articles/539804/america-falling-right-into-isiss-trap

http://www.newsweek.com/feeding-isis-monster-321982

http://www.popsci.com/terror-on-twitter-how-isis-is-taking-war-to-social-media

http://www.newsweek.com/inside-isis-social-media-campaign-312062

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Oops.. I forgot to include these quotes of yours which have just proven your total lack of understanding on this issue:

Every statement here has just been debunked by the links I posted above.
The argument some Muslim sitting at his or her computer somewhere who happens to come across this thread is going to read it and then become radicalized illustrates a cosmic lack of understanding and comprehension of what radical Islam actually is. And what attracts individuals to it. How anyone can even attempt to make that argument with a straight face is borderline inconceivable, except when you factor in who it is the American left at large truly hates. Which, of course, isn't radical Islam.

Their desire to spread terror stems from the Quran, and their application of its teachings.

The argument a thread posted here is helping to feed the desire of Islamist to spread terror is so obviously and fundamentally flawed as to be silly on its face. It calls into question why you would actually make it. What agenda you were actually attempting to promote.

Your initial assault was against the notion of a member here starting this thread on the grounds it would provide publicity for ISIS. The truth is ISIS is not the least bit emboldened by nor is their effectiveness enhanced in the slightest by our discussing their actions or intentions here.

Regardless, ISIS does not measure success according to how many people are talking about them. They measure success based on the body count.

Apparently, your understanding of ISIS use of social media is horribly lacking in both comprehension and insight.

I'm a person who seeks truth and understanding.. even in the face of having to admit I am mistaken.. I am a big enough person to admit when I am wrong..

Are you?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I couldn't get past the (man cheats credit score ) advertising, must be a credible rag like the ones in check out lines at dollar store.

The bottom line is your being brainwashed by propaganda, do you really think if we ignore them they will stop?

How can we be so duped as to blame ourselves for upsetting or encouraging these pigs?
Christians were bombed on Easter in Pakistan, let's send out a gag order.

So who is falling into a trap? Does anyone think this Administration will do anything to keep them out of our lives?
Naw just don't say anything to the bullies it works every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Oops.. I forgot to include these quotes of yours which have just proven your total lack of understanding on this issue:

Every statement here has just been debunked by the links I posted above.

Apparently, your understanding of ISIS use of social media is horribly lacking in both comprehension and insight.

I'm a person who seeks truth and understanding.. even in the face of having to admit I am mistaken.. I am a big enough person to admit when I am wrong..

Are you?

As if we do not know that isis is recruiting, and using fear on social media to promote their insanity.

It's unbelievable that anyone would blame social media for isis and there agenda.

Instead of blaming youtube like the example I posted on Bengazi, why don't Americans demand a better Administration who can track these people with the computer technology we have today?
Why not see a collective effort world wide to track every one of them?

Seriously who is turning a blind eye to this?
I do not hear of Russian Christians being killed wonder why?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As if we do not know that isis is recruiting, and using fear on social media to promote their insanity.

It's unbelievable that anyone would blame social media for isis and there agenda.

Instead of blaming youtube like the example I posted on Bengazi, why don't Americans demand a better Administration who can track these people with the computer technology we have today?
Why not see a collective effort world wide to track every one of them?

Seriously who is turning a blind eye to this?
I do not hear of Russian Christians being killed wonder why?
Ugh.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you serious? "teach them about the Lord" while they're in Gitmo?
What else would we do with them there?
You don't get people to turn to the Lord by torturing them.
Who said anything about torture? Rehabilitation means teaching them the error of their ways. We can't let them leave as radical jihadists. What's your alternative?
So basically, you're saying the same thing I'd been saying all along -- every Muslim picks and chooses which parts of the faith they decide to follow.
Yes, that was a good observation. Islam is basically two religions.
But what are you doing? You're not following what Christ said to do at all. You call yourself a Christian, but yet I don't see Christ in what you're posting.
There is a time of war and a time of peace. I'm posting as an American and a member of the human race. Human beings need to be protected from predators. I love you and will share the gospel with you, but if you come to rape and kill my granddaughter I'll shoot you dead.

You think we should do nothing while they crucify Christians and burn them alive. Message noted. Rejected, but noted.

You're not worth more than me, I'm not worth more than you, and get this: we're not worth more than a terrorist.
You burn people alive and behead the innocent?
Stray dogs have more value than terrorists.

Wars get started, sometimes God ordains wars. In the end, God has a plan, and while the SS murdered countless Jews, you can't possibly put the blame on people who were not able to fight them.
I put the blame on those who were able to stop them and did not.
[quoteAs for the rise of radical Islam.... did you not read what I said? They are using weapons WE sold them against us. [/quote]
That's not true. They're using mostly Russian AK-47's. They are using some weapons that Hillary and Barack illegally sold them, but Russia has been flooding weapons into the Middle East for decades.
You know that Osama bin Laden guy? He wasn't always a radical. In fact, he was once a friend of ours that we supplied weapons to.
Again not true. We supported the Northern Alliance. He had his own group, and they were self-funded.
Maybe if there were stable (even if iron fist dictator) governments over there, then maybe these people wouldn't be able to trample all over everybody, mmm?
Hussein was removed because of his SUPPORT of suicide bombers. Nice try.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What else would we do with them there?

Who said anything about torture? Rehabilitation means teaching them the error of their ways. We can't let them leave as radical jihadists. What's your alternative?

Do you seriously think "Rehabilitation" goes on in Gitmo?

We can't even rehabilitate criminals in our own prisons, and they aren't foreign religious fanatical, let alone rehab people in Gitmo of all places. The place is a torture camp. How many scandals have come out of Gitmo again? I seem to remember this particularly heinous example of a female US soldier stripping people naked and humiliating them. Do you think that guy was "rehabilitated"?

There is a time of war and a time of peace. I'm posting as an American and a member of the human race. Human beings need to be protected from predators. I love you and will share the gospel with you, but if you come to rape and kill my granddaughter I'll shoot you dead.

Shooting someone dead that comes to rape your granddaughter could be considered self defense. What you're talking about in this thread, is personally flying overseas to shoot people halfway around the globe from you because one of them might come and rape your granddaughter in the future. Pre-emptive killing is not self-defense.

You think we should do nothing while they crucify Christians and burn them alive. Message noted. Rejected, but noted.

Hello? Did you miss where I said we should pray? Or do you think prayer is "nothing"?

You burn people alive and behead the innocent?
Stray dogs have more value than terrorists.

We all fall short of God's standards. You can kill people, or you can tell a lie. Which sends you to Hell? Both. Our "good deeds" are as filthy rags to Him. The only way we can get out of the predicament we are is by the shedding of His blood, which was for everybody.

I put the blame on those who were able to stop them and did not.

Which was who, again?

Last I checked, it took an alliance of several nations to defeat Hitler, his army, and the SS.

That's not true. They're using mostly Russian AK-47's. They are using some weapons that Hillary and Barack illegally sold them, but Russia has been flooding weapons into the Middle East for decades.

"They are using some weapons that Hillary and Barack illegally sold them". So you're admitting that yes, they ARE using US weapons against us. Right.

Hussein was removed because of his SUPPORT of suicide bombers. Nice try.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahah.....ha.....ha......

Wait, You're actually serious?

I don't know if they re-wrote history books already, but they removed Saddam Hussein because of Bush's make-believe Weapons of Mass Destruction that everybody, even the general public, knew that he didn't have.

Oh, and we can't forget his attack on Kuwait, that the only reason Bush cared, was because Kuwait had lots of oil at the time and that would negatively affect our economy. We went on a bloodbath because of oil and greed. Get it right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.