Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not everyone who believed in universal salvation can be said to be denying salvation through Christ. Paul, for example, in Romans and Philippians expresses some elements of universalism. The idea was that Christ's sacrifice entails the salvation of all and that all will come to believe in Jesus as lord.

A person regardless of whether they believe in Christ or not, who supports universal salvation is directly and /or indirectly denying the Son (cross) by teaching others to bypass the cross.

Now Paul's context of salvation for all is based conditionally in the believe of Christ (cross). If you were to look at all of Paul's writings this would be why he repeatedly preached Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness Gentiles,

Philippians 1:15-18
15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

1 Corinthians 1
11My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.12What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasb ”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized in my name.16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.)17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”c

20Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't talk about money with any reverence... It's just money.
Comparative religion is a real academic discipline and it really is very interesting. If you don't like it then you don't have to do it, you can continue to revere money or something...

I drew a comparative link between being entertained with counterfeit religion to that of counterfeit money.

Since you will say that you will not entertain counterfeit money because it is against the law, then how do you so easily entertain counterfeit religion?

So what you are saying to God in the face of all his commandments is that you will continue to delve into falsehood religions of the world. Is that about right?

How could you even entertain the thought and would it not be on par with delving into counterfeit money.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I drew a comparative link between being entertained with counterfeit religion to that of counterfeit money.

Since you will say that you will not entertain counterfeit money because it is against the law, then how do you so easily entertain counterfeit religion?

So what you are saying to God in the face of all his commandments is that you will continue to delve into falsehood religions of the world. Is that about right?

How could you even entertain the thought and would it not be on par with delving into counterfeit money.
My response was that I don't honestly care about counterfeit money. I don't spend my time thinking about money.

Also, I don't think of religions as counterfeit, I think every single religion expresses something deep of what it means to be human. They're naturally occurring phenomena and very much like language or culture deserve to be objects of study. My Catholicism states that the Church rejects nothing that is good in any religion (Nostra Aetate) so I don't either. :)

Reactions: Neochristian
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My response was that I don't honestly care about counterfeit money. I don't spend my time thinking about money.

Also, I don't think of religions as counterfeit, I think every single religion expresses something deep of what it means to be human. They're naturally occurring phenomena and very much like language or culture deserve to be objects of study. My Catholicism states that the Church rejects nothing that is good in any religion (Nostra Aetate) so I don't either. :)

Good for you and your venture in life.

I must reiterate that Jesus taught otherwise. Jesus told me to follow him only. He said I am the way, the truth and the life and those who come by me will also be recieved by the Father who sent me.

Life is too short, so why should I or anyone else for that matter sidetrack from Jesus for even a second. Simply put, to look to any other person or religion is in vein and a total waste of time and life.

If you really wanted to know what it is to be human, then you keep your focus on the model human being Jesus, who personified the model Son according to the Father's testimony.

Follow me! The Spirit says.

Thankyou kindly.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to address in particular the last part where I bolded your remarks.
Isn't it a fulfillment of what Christ foretold in Matthew 7?
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Those of whom you speak are those whom Jesus foresaw. Why worry when God already knows?

We are in a spiritual war. It aint over until it's over. If we sit on our loreals and pretend everything will be fine and dandy then we are not playing our roles in this movie called the earthly life.

We are all on a film set and God is watching the movie unfold.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are in a spiritual war. It aint over until it's over. If we sit on our loreals and pretend everything will be fine and dandy then we are not playing our roles in this movie called the earthly life.

We are all on a film set and God is watching the movie unfold.
Yes, that is one way of describing it. And since God wrote the script before the stage was created, and knows who are his and who are not. Will arguing with those adamantly opposed to God and Jesus Christ change their minds? When God has already predestined their fate.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that is one way of describing it. And since God wrote the script before the stage was created, and knows who are his and who are not. Will arguing with those adamantly opposed to God and Jesus Christ change their minds? When God has already predestined their fate.

Yes, you are right they choose to love not the truth and have pleasure in unrighteousness by trying to remove the cross from the question of salvation.

Why I am opposing their crossless salvation ways and teachings, is to protect the young ones, the children who make the generations to come by which the crossless salvation message is primarily there to deceive them. In that regard I am defending the faith for future generations to come.

The outcome of the spiritual war that the future generations will be served with, is fought and won today, we are the soldiers of the cross and if we be removed from the spiritual war or walk away from it, then the future spiritual war for the generations to come has already been lost.

So in that regard future generations would have already lost when we loose today.

The spiritual war is not to change the perverse ways of the wicked, but more to safe guard the faith for the future generations to come.

Jesus is watching us and what stand we make today for the faith once given to the saints, is evidence of our loyalty to our King and saviour. This is the simplest way I can put it.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just like John the baptised prepared the way for the Messiah, the man of sin is his counterpart who prepares the way for the prince of this world aka Satan.

The man of sin has instrumented this universal interfaith salvation message by mustering the ten religious heads who have given their blessings/power to the man of sin, by advocating this crossless salvation message.

The ten religious heads are fallen and these have sided with the man of sin for one hour (short time) to perpitrate the falling away from the faith once given to the saints.

The man of sin is the symbol of the black dragon of Apostasy.

The riddle of who the man of sin is

The Black Dragon of Apostasy sprung up from the one who sat.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes.

I'll go ahead and encyclopedia brown it:

Islam and Judeo-Christianity hold to the God of Abraham. Abraham gave birth to two sons- Isaac and Ishmael. Isaac founded the Jewish nation and Ishmael is the father of the Arabian nation. Mohammad is a son of Ishmael, and David is the son of Isaac. Jesus is the Messiah from David's lineage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Titus 3:3-11
3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Christ we are under grace and the true Israelites and everyone else is under the law and its curses.

The blood is our protective covering. We are the temple of God and so those outside of the spiritual temple and body of Christ are the unbelieving gentiles of the world at large.

Genealogies don't even come into the picture as far as God is concerned.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

I'll go ahead and encyclopedia brown it:

Islam and Judeo-Christianity hold to the God of Abraham. Abraham gave birth to two sons- Isaac and Ishmael. Isaac founded the Jewish nation and Ishmael is the father of the Arabian nation. Mohammad is a son of Ishmael, and David is the son of Isaac. Jesus is the Messiah from David's lineage.
Interesting given how the texts continually interject the Davidic lineage with Moab and various other ethnic lines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, you are right they choose to love not the truth and have pleasure in unrighteousness by trying to remove the cross from the question of salvation.....
I appreciate your dedication. :)
Anyone who speaks of crossless salvation is an apostate, an agent of corruption, and a liar.

It is as simple as that. That false teaching is not of Christ, pertains not at all to Christ, and is a damnable offense for eternity for those who ascribe to it their faith and commitment. No one can ever claim the name of Christian and accept that lie.
Fight on brother! :oldthumbsup: Satan has his teachers too. And the crossless salvation teaching is straight out of the pit. In fact it is an oxymoron. Crossless ----Salvation, does not exist. Never has, never shall.

Upvote 0

Neochristian

Aug 27, 2015
✟8,274.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0