Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is only one religion to which the revelation of who God is has been revealed to. The religion must be the fenceless city Jerusalem (city of peace) where the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel made his temple to dwell in

Zechariah declares the cornerstone was laid with the shoutings of Grace Grace onto him. Then the Spirit of truth came as the Elijah the revelator and those in Christ are witnesses in the power and Spirit of Elijah. We are it my friend, we are the many Elisha's of the world who are the disciples of the one Elijah who resides in us today.

Elijah is God my friend.

The Jews looked for messiah and missed him. Now they look for Elijah and Elijah alludes them because he is the power and Spirit of God residing in his Holy Temple. The Christian body of Christ is his spiritual temple for God is Spirit (John 4:24).

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was one trajectory. Other trajectories were the emergence of Rabbinic Judaism and Islam. The text holds many possibilities.

No other possibilities for messiah and Elijah alludes both.

As Jesus said the world neither sees or knows the Spirit of truth.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No other possibilities for messiah and Elijah alludes both.

As Jesus said the world neither sees or knows the Spirit of truth.
That's your opinion. I think that there is significant intertextuality in the relation of Rabbinic Jewish interpretations of the text as well as Islam, as well as the various other religious movements which draw from the texts.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's your opinion. I think that there is significant intertextuality in the relation of Rabbinic Jewish interpretations of the text as well as Islam, as well as the various other religious movements which draw from the texts.

They can interpret the texts all they like until the cows come home, but what they will never be a part of is of the temple of God. The temple of God is Holy and those that are sanctified to be a part of the temple have come by the blood of the lamb.

Other textual affairs that other religions may or may not have, are nothing more than up and coming Pharisees of yester years.

Now we now how Jesus considered these up and coming Pharisees, right?

John 5:39-47
39“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!40 Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

41“Your approval means nothing to me, 42because I know you don’t have God’s love within you. 43For I have come to you in my Father’s name, and you have rejected me. Yet if others come in their own name, you gladly welcome them. 44No wonder you can’t believe! For you gladly honor each other, but you don’t care about the honor that comes from the one who alone is God.e

45“Yet it isn’t I who will accuse you before the Father. Moses will accuse you! Yes, Moses, in whom you put your hopes. 46If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. 47But since you don’t believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So it is clear what Jesus said that those that don't come to him do not have God's love and in this regard they have no approval or anointing from God.

They can worship their false gods all they like, but if they are not being approved of by God tge Father, then their actions speak outright disobedience to God the Father.

Tell me is not Jesus the final authority for you? Yes/No

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find it rather disconcerting to say the least to find how hard people try to push the LIE that other religions of the world also worship the God of Abraham , Isaac and Israel.

In my opinion it is almost criminal to even entertain the thought that the false god of Islam or the false god of the unbelieving Jews is the true God of the Bible.

God sent his only begotten Son to shed his blood for us and some are saying that this blood is not mandatory for the belief and communion with the true God. Is this not criminal or/and at least emnity towards God by those who push this LIE.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So it is clear what Jesus said that those that don't come to him do not have God's love and in this regard they have no approval or anointing from God.

They can worship their false gods all they like, but if they are not being approved of by God tge Father, then their actions speak outright disobedience to God the Father.

Tell me is not Jesus the final authority for you? Yes/No
I'm speaking from the perspective of comparative religions...

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shame, shame and shame on those who make the Atoning blood of the lamb of God on the cross at calvary to nothing. They truly want to get rid of the cross. Don’t you see people?

Why there is a line being drawn in the sand and we can see the works from both sides of the argument, but there can only be one correct answer. Is it an opinion to defend the cross? Come on people wakeup!

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm speaking from the perspective of comparative religions...

Your comparing counterfeits with counterfeits. Then how do you know which is the genuine article?

This is the strong delusion.

Comparative religion :smoke:

What a smoke screen.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Your comparing counterfeits with counterfeits. Then how do you know which is the genuine article?

This is the strong delusion.

Comparative religion :smoke:

What a smoke screen.
Well, I don't compare religions to find a genuine religion, every religion expresses something of what it means to be human. I compare them because they're interesting.

Reactions: Neochristian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Universalism or universal salvation is the LIE and it has Gnostic routs.

The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years

Universalist Publishing House, 1899

Chapter 7: Three Gnostic Sects.

By J.W. HANSON, D. D.

The Basilidians. The Carpocratians.The Valentinians.

Three Gnostic sects flourished nearly simultaneously in the Second Century, all which accepted universal salvation: the Basilidians, the Valentinians, and the Carpocratians.

Here is the link

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/universalism/threegnosticsects.html

We are dealing with the emergence of universal gnostism. If we do not fight it now, it will destroy future generations to come.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I don't compare religions to find a genuine religion, every religion expresses something of what it means to be human. I compare them because they're interesting.

So your telling the audience by this proclamation that your intentions are never about searching for the truth, but your pursuit is to entertain yourself.

I find your comments truly amazing. Shockingly amazing.

:waaah:

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So your telling the audience by this proclamation that your intentions are never about searching for the truth, but your pursuit is to entertain yourself.

I find your comments truly amazing. Shockingly amazing.
I'm entertained by comparative religion but primarily I'm interested in the facts of the matter - the data within religions and how it relates to data within other religions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I find it rather disconcerting to say the least to find how hard people try to push the LIE that other religions of the world also worship the God of Abraham , Isaac and Israel.

In my opinion it is almost criminal to even entertain the thought that the false god of Islam or the false god of the unbelieving Jews is the true God of the Bible.

God sent his only begotten Son to shed his blood for us and some are saying that this blood is not mandatory for the belief and communion with the true God. Is this not criminal or/and at least emnity towards God by those who push this LIE.
I want to address in particular the last part where I bolded your remarks.
Isn't it a fulfillment of what Christ foretold in Matthew 7?
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Those of whom you speak are those whom Jesus foresaw. Why worry when God already knows?

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The early church including the apostlesof Christ fought against this perversion.

1 John 2:18
Warnings Against Denying the Son

18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.e21I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

No one who denies the Son has the Father and those who were amongst the apostles pushing the lie of universal salvation were kicked out by the apostles as they were no longer with them because they were charged as liars by denying salvation through Christ alone.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The early church including the apostlesof Christ fought against this perversion.

No one who denies the Son has the Father and those who were amongst the apostles pushing the lie of universal salvation were kicked out by the apostles as they were no longer with them because they were charged as liars by denying salvation through Christ alone.
Not everyone who believed in universal salvation can be said to be denying salvation through Christ. Paul, for example, in Romans and Philippians expresses some elements of universalism. The idea was that Christ's sacrifice entails the salvation of all and that all will come to believe in Jesus as lord.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm entertained by comparative religion but primarily I'm interested in the facts of the matter - the data within religions and how it relates to data within other religions.

Factually speaking a counterfeit is a counterfeit. Even if the counterfeit resembles portions of the genuine article, it is non the less a counterfeit.

Within the context of religion I personally am not entertained by counterfeits.

If we take it to currency context, then I remain the same.

What if I asked you if you are entertained by counterfeit money?

Will you not reply that it is criminal because it is against the law?

If we are talking about money in such reverence for fear of the authorities, then spare a thought for the ultimate authority who is the Sovereign God.

So are you entertaining counterfeit religions when you know to revere God and obey his law, for it is written though shalt worship the Lord your God and worship no other gods before him.

Now how is your law abiding in this matter, is it the same as not entertaining counterfeit money? Or do you make an exception to the first commandment of God?

Hmmmmmmm ..... .........

Truly amazing.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Factually speaking a counterfeit is a counterfeit. Even if the counterfeit resembles portions of the genuine article, it is non the less a counterfeit.

Within the context of religion I personally am not entertained by counterfeits.

If we take it to currency context, then I remain the same.

What if I asked you if you are entertained by counterfeit money?

Will you not reply that it is criminal because it is against the law?

If we are talking about money in such reverence for fear of the authorities, then spare a thought for the ultimate authority who is the Sovereign God.

So are you entertaining counterfeit religions when you know to revere God and obey his law, for it is written though shalt worship the Lord your God and worship no other gods before him.

Now how is your law abiding in this matter, is it the same as not entertaining counterfeit money? Or do you make an exception to the first commandment of God?

Hmmmmmmm ..... .........

Truly amazing.
I wouldn't talk about money with any reverence... It's just money.
Comparative religion is a real academic discipline and it really is very interesting. If you don't like it then you don't have to do it, you can continue to revere money or something...

Upvote 0