2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I would say this is a "Me NOW!!" generation. :D

Most people don't like to wait for things and when it comes to each individual personally, we want it to be about us. Not now, but RIGHT now. And I can say that because I've expericened it personally, as well.

Sure, not everyone fits this category and most definately have God's best interests at heart and it shows in their words and actions. But for most that isn't the case and no one can just blatently deny that. If you take a look at the world and all its history, that alone very clearly proves that.

So there's no reason to get offended by what Sunstone said. Just know who you are and Who's you are. Don't forget where you came from and where you're going, which is foward in Christ. :)

Upvote 0

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know...the fruits of the spirit are...

Love, Joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

And did you know that there is no law against any of these??? Did you know that?

So feel free to produce these fruits, sunstone, anytime when you decide to walk in the spirit!

Cassidy, how come I'm not offended by any of what Sunstone said? ;)

He hasn't accussed, nagged or judged anyone (and especially no one up in here). He merely stated what he sees. And if anyone has any sense, they'd see the same things, too. (I'm NOT saying you don't have any sense, sis. Just saying that no of us can dismiss the obvious).

Ok? You still love me? :D

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Is that a confession?

Or is that a "yeah we already know that we are being selfish, and we aren't going to stop." ?

It's a "yes we already know that the world is a terrible place, we all watch the news or read the newspaper...we are not stupid"

Oh and as for selfishness? I'm a mother of 5 kids and one on the way...I don't have time to be selfish :p I'm flat out trying to have a shower by myself without somebody knocking at my door crying 'mum' ^_^

And in my experience, people who accuse others of selfishness are selfish themselves...that's what' I've seen anyway.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

He hasn't accussed anyone (and especially no one up in here). He merely stated what he sees. And if anyone has any sense, they'd see the same things, too.

We do see the same things. Actually being a Christian I see both the good and the bad! I will always dislike self-righteousness because it's not of God. I would love it, if I could just hear Sunstone say something loving and encouraging on any thread...JUST ONCE! Like other Christians do. But it doesn't seem to be within him...and if it's not within him, why then must we listen to him?

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We do see the same things. Actually being a Christian I see both the good and the bad! I will always dislike self-righteousness because it's not of God.
I think I'm alot like you in that respect because I can always see both the good and bad in things and in people too. It's not a bad thing to see bad things in people, just not good if you're going to judge and condemn them for that bad.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

I think I'm alot like you in that respect because I can always see both the good and bad in things and in people too. It's not a bad thing to see bad things in people, just not good if you're going to judge and condemn them for that bad.

Actually it was a revelation of mine once. I used to be extremely judgmental. One day I was in a shopping centre car park and I saw this girl who was obviously on drugs...puffing away on her cigarette...while her kid was in the trolley, filthy dirty with no shoes. Straight away I looked at her with disgust...then suddenly...out of the blue I got this sudden feeling of compassion towards this women. And a voice said to me "Jesus died for her too".

She got to her car the same time as I got to mine and they were side by side, she was having difficulty getting her groceries in the car so I gave her a hand...she said 'thank you'...I said 'I know what it's like...trust me' and gave her a knowing look.

2 weeks later...the girl was at my church and put her hand up when the pastor asked the congregation if anyone wanted to know Jesus.

Straight after church I ran up to her and said 'Remember me?' and she looked at me beaming...saying 'Oh you were that lady in the carpark'

I sat and spoke to her for a while and she told me about her life of abuse, sexual and physical....and how she was just not coping with life anymore and couldn't see a way out. The only thing she saw that could bring her out was Christ.

She became a Christian that day. And I started to see a difference in her from that moment on. And it was true...Jesus died for her too! We ended up being very good friends!

And THAT is why I cannot stand self-righteous finger pointing!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that a confession?

Or is that a "yeah we already know that we are being selfish, and we aren't going to stop." ?

Hello There:wave:

The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin and righteousness. I dont think telling people that they're selfish will change much. We are all human, we are all selfish and we already all know that. The Holy Spirit's empowerment is needed to change us little by little, one day a time.

:)

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom

He hasn't accussed, nagged or judged anyone (and especially no one up in here). He merely stated what he sees. And if anyone has any sense, they'd see the same things, too. (I'm NOT saying you don't have any sense, sis. Just saying that no of us can dismiss the obvious).

Ok? You still love me? :D

I'm glad you noticed that(what I put in bold)
I never said any specific names, I just posted what the Holy Spirit wanted me to post, and let the statement effect those that it was intended to effect.

The fact is if christians would do what Jesus taught and did, this world wouldn't be in the shape it is in now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.