On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Import foreign entrepreneurs to replace spoiled American ones.
My bosses both make six figures and have cut benefits and frozen wages for ten years now. One jerk actually gets on P.A. and tells everyone what he wants for Christmas. He has two bookies visit him regularly, & I've seen fist sized rolls of hundreds pass hands.
Two sides to this coin.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, when you present a title like "Person X: <Do thing>", it's typically to be assumed that that person actually said that, or something like that. But they didn't. The article doesn't call for more immigration. Here's what it says:

Those include the fact that at least 8 million unauthorized immigrants are employed, most have been in this country for 15 years or longer, and typically they do jobs — tending crops, washing dishes, mowing lawns — that native-born Americans do not want. In basic economic terms, illegal immigrants meet the labor market’s demand for lower-wage employees, for which there is a shortage of available legal workers.

Even if it were logistically possible to round up and deport millions of such workers, the effect would be not just inhumane, shredding families; it would also be economically catastrophic. That explains the magnetic force that pushes the debate toward reform, even as Mr. Trump’s combustible rhetoric inflames the GOP base against it.​

And you know what? They're right. For the most part, immigrants do work our own low-skilled workers don't do. The evidence that they lead to our wages going down? Mixed at best. Maybe before reaching straight to attacking Bezos on his other companies and insinuating some eeeeevil motive, these guys should have read the article they were writing about.

This is why I don't read Breitbart. Not because it's right-wing. Not because it's partisan. Not because it's biased (but make no mistake, if you want to complain about media bias and then you cite Breitbart as a source, you're about as big a hypocrite as a candidate whose motto is "America first" and who builds his factories overseas). But because it's just stupidly dishonest. Think about it - why do you think they didn't quote any part of the WaPo article? Why couldn't they find an excerpt, even a sentence or two, to support their claim? It's because it's not in there, and they're lying about the article.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You know, when you present a title like "Person X: <Do thing>", it's typically to be assumed that that person actually said that, or something like that. But they didn't. The article doesn't call for more immigration. Here's what it says:

Those include the fact that at least 8 million unauthorized immigrants are employed, most have been in this country for 15 years or longer, and typically they do jobs — tending crops, washing dishes, mowing lawns — that native-born Americans do not want. In basic economic terms, illegal immigrants meet the labor market’s demand for lower-wage employees, for which there is a shortage of available legal workers.

Even if it were logistically possible to round up and deport millions of such workers, the effect would be not just inhumane, shredding families; it would also be economically catastrophic. That explains the magnetic force that pushes the debate toward reform, even as Mr. Trump’s combustible rhetoric inflames the GOP base against it.​

And you know what? They're right. For the most part, immigrants do work our own low-skilled workers don't do. The evidence that they lead to our wages going down? Mixed at best. Maybe before reaching straight to attacking Bezos on his other companies and insinuating some eeeeevil motive, these guys should have read the article they were writing about.

This is why I don't read Breitbart. Not because it's right-wing. Not because it's partisan. Not because it's biased (but make no mistake, if you want to complain about media bias and then you cite Breitbart as a source, you're about as big a hypocrite as a candidate whose motto is "America first" and who builds his factories overseas). But because it's just stupidly dishonest. Think about it - why do you think they didn't quote any part of the WaPo article? Why couldn't they find an excerpt, even a sentence or two, to support their claim? It's because it's not in there, and they're lying about the article.

Silly rabbit,
You obviously don't know anything about journalism. Why let a pesky thing like facts get in the way of your article?

Pffftt... noobs, I tell ya...

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Silly rabbit,
You obviously don't know anything about journalism. Why let a pesky thing like facts get in the way of your article?

Pffftt... noobs, I tell ya...
If Breitbart held themselves to the standard Dan Rather kept, the site would shut down overnight.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
BREITBART is an honorable, trustworthy organization!
So why did they lie about the contents of the WaPo article? Why did and do they continue to provide a platform for known fraudster and liar James O'Keefe?

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So why did they lie about the contents of the WaPo article? Why did and do they continue to provide a platform for known fraudster and liar James O'Keefe?

If we are open and honest we see things totally different on most levels, I would rather just pas on by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's fine with me, people can say what they like. The idea that immigrants take American jobs is incorrect anyhow so none of this bothers me.
Many Us citizens draw welfare and ebt and other forms of assistance and can not afford to take the jobs these immigrants do.

Who wants to cull carrots on a assembly line on a hot day in the Central California fields, the immigrants will. Who will do just about ANYTHING there is to do to earn a buck? Who works below the legal wage because they need to feed their family. Who often gets cheated out of their earned wages, because they can not go to the Labor Board? The Immigrants.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,017.00
Faith
Christian
And you know what? They're right. For the most part, immigrants do work our own low-skilled workers don't do.

That's a bit of a myth - though often repeated by rich employers, usually when complaining about "lazy poor people".

The reason poor Americans "won't do" those kind of jobs is that they often can't afford to. Trying to actively live on minimum wage working in poor conditions whilst being able to house a family, send your kids to school, buy decent clothes and afford health care, food etc simply doesn't add up. Illegal immigrants will typically go without healthcare, will accept shared, unsafe accommodation and will work under poor conditions because it's still better than what they are used to.

Ultimately though - it's the same argument as "minimum wage laws cause unemployment" - simply a race to the bottom aimed to benefit the wealthy at the expense of others.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ultimately though - it's the same argument as "minimum wage laws cause unemployment" - simply a race to the bottom aimed to benefit the wealthy at the expense of others.
But I actually address this argument further down in my post. The evidence that illegal immigrants drive down wages is mixed at best, and there is some strong evidence that they in fact don't drive wages down at all.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If we are open and honest we see things totally different on most levels, I would rather just pas on by.
And I'd rather figure out which one of us is wrong, so that if it's me, I can adjust my opinion accordingly. You came into a thread where it was already made quite clear that Breitbart was dishonest in the original post and started talking about how trustworthy and honest they are. Why are they lying about what the WaPo article said then?

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
That's a bit of a myth - though often repeated by rich employers, usually when complaining about "lazy poor people".

The reason poor Americans "won't do" those kind of jobs is that they often can't afford to. Trying to actively live on minimum wage working in poor conditions whilst being able to house a family, send your kids to school, buy decent clothes and afford health care, food etc simply doesn't add up. Illegal immigrants will typically go without healthcare, will accept shared, unsafe accommodation and will work under poor conditions because it's still better than what they are used to.

I can't believe the level of mental gymnastics employed to keep kicking the poor off the bottom rungs of the ladder. Why are people like you so bothered by the idea of a society where everyone is an equal and we all get a chance?

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BREITBART is an honorable, trustworthy organization! People like the Clintons have the most to worry about from a organization like this, as they have a proven record of dishonesty.

God struck down Andrew Breitbart for stuff like this.

th

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God struck down Andrew Breitbart for stuff like this.

We are in the New Covenant; God now has a covenant of kindness and peace. We are living in the fulfillment of Isa 54:9-10.

9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

Also, James 1:13 declares that God does not tempt or test and neither does He tempt or test anyone. James 1:17 declares that we only get good and perfect gifts from God, who does not change.

What we conclude from all that is that Andrew Breitbart was not struck down by God.

Upvote 0