Is there disagreement with "leadership" or just how it's normally defined?

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Too many men expect of women? Hmm, I see mostly sermons in pulpits that bash the husbands for not loving his wife properly. I rarely see any sermons directed to women.
Well......I had the "pleasure" (notsomuch) of hearing one last Sunday, while visiting a church with a friend.

Calvary Chapel Modesto - sm1171

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I disagree that what you describe here is how leadership is normally defined.
*See my link from this past Sunday.

How it was taught last Sunday, in the above link, is how I generally hear it taught.

In the way that Ps63 and JohnNZ describe leadership is what makes sense in my mind, and equates with God's attributes....but, I haven't heard that from a pulpit (yet).

I'm unsure of what you are saying you disagree with.....the man = decision maker (boss).....or man = servant leader? IYE......how is leadership normally defined?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well......I had the "pleasure" (notsomuch) of hearing one last Sunday, while visiting a church with a friend.

Calvary Chapel Modesto - sm1171

I listened to that in the background for awhile and the emperor has no clothes. It's a relief to be able to laugh at sermons like that nowadays.

To think that I used to be UNDER all that :preach:

BTW, mkgal, God and Peter addressed WIVES beginning in 1 Peter 3:1 "Likewise you WIVES..." There you have it, God and Peter trust me to read and interpret my own mail, thank you ;) I have the qualification that this pastor doesn't. I am a WIFE so the passage is to me, not him. Personally, I find really edifying and fun digging into the Word for myself. :angel:

Get a load of THIS:
"when push comes to shove, ultimately someone has to have the authority to make the decisions and ultimately God gives that authority TO THE MAN" minute 20:00

I'm sorry
to be sassy on your thread, mkgal but that pastor needs some of these cards to pass out! :D "when push comes to SHOVE", indeed!

trumpcard2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many men expect of women? Hmm, I see mostly sermons in pulpits that bash the husbands for not loving his wife properly. I rarely see any sermons directed to women.

Well they teach the whole congregation that "when push comes to shove GOD gave the authority to the MAN to make the decisions" (misrepresents God, IMO)

so they HAVE to come back and tell the men to be loving!!!

or they might be liable for when (some) men use all that authority and power the pastor just handed them the wrong way. :eek:

If you ask me, teaching that people should run their marriages that way is bad doctrine which needs to go on the scrap heap of history right beside supporting slavery.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well they teach the whole congregation that "when push comes to shove GOD gave the authority to the MAN to make the decisions" (misrepresents God, IMO)

or they might be liable for when (some) men use all that authority and power the pastor just handed them the wrong way. :eek:

If you ask me, teaching that people should run their marriages that way is bad doctrine which needs to go on the scrap heap of history right beside supporting slavery.

:prayer:

AMEN!

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL!! I love that 'trump card"..I swear its the truth..thats the attitude I see a lot and cant stand....the males believing they by virtue of their genitals have divine authority over the woman...Similar to how the "royals' are royal and "entitled" to be in power just because they were born into the bloodline...no ryhyme nor reason..they are no more "royal" in reality than Joe Blow walking down the street...Its time to get over themselves..

Dallas

Upvote 0
H

hijklmnop

I'm so relieved that I don't live under that doctrine anymore...and that my h doesn't either!!! It's like new life has been breathed into our home and it's a huge relief to all. :cool:

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I heard a talk recently by a Christian academic who had researched marriages form the 'male is leader' school. The results were interesting. In reality, whatever was affirmed as true doctrine, the couples did not apply it consistently in finances, decision making and their sex life. That says a lot to me.

Also, we see leadership as a key issue in the Scriptures. Jesus redefined it, and the NT writers saw it as a gift, not a status. As a gift, distributed by God, not all men in either Testament were gifted leaders. Some men are burdened by a domestic role that they are not gifted for, and have no capacity to fulfil adequately. Or to be leaders in the wider church either. Yet some women are, and are more than adequate in their roles. The NT picture affirms that pretty clearly.

John
NZ

Upvote 0