Is there a way to find out what God called you to do?

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
prayer or trial and error
:thumbsup:

Pray without ceasing!
As far as trial and error, when you start looking at something seriously ask
"Is this right?"

It takes time, also there will be times where you think that you're missing the call but God is using your experiences to help you grow closer to Him.

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is something I've been pondering about a lot lately too.

I just don't get it. It is like I have no luck lol. It is a never ending cycle of frustration. If I meet him one day I would have to ask him what was I supposed to be doing? Living? lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have already done the prayer trial and error. Tired of it already. Maybe he has no calling on me lol I swear. I kind of slowed up on my praying. There is a woman in Japan hounding scriptures to me on this.....

You're done with prayer and trial and error? Bro, scripture doesn't state that we reach a plateau and bask in the sunset. Read Psalm 37:4.

Also, one of the fruits of the Spirit is patience ... and it's perhaps (at least in my experience) the most vital to attain before we can embody the others.

Praying for you! :prayer:

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know, I feel like it's a toss-up in life: God either gives you an amazing and successful life or He doesn't. I've been on your end, constantly searching and trying to serve God and getting nowhere while everyone else around me can do no wrong and they can get anything they want.

Maybe you're just one of the unlucky ones. Just know you're not alone. :)

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excellent, encouraging video on the topic:

Videos | Gateway Church

Excellent sermon. Jimmy Evans (his home church is Trinity Fellowship in Amarillo) is one of the preeminent pastors in the nation. He and Robert Morris (the executive pastor at Gateway in Dallas) both mentor and train other pastors as well ... very anointed! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceta_cea

I'm a Kings Daugther
Mar 1, 2011
a village near Lucerne
✟7,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think being patient is one of the most difficult things we can do. But patienece is also our best weapon. I don't know if it makes any sense.

Actually all I wanted to say is that I know how you feel. Sometimes you do all the right things but God still seems to be silent. In such times it is hard to be patient and believe that he will show you what he called you for. Out of my own experience I realize if I keep my patience in situations like that I don't worry that much and feeling more relaxed.

Beside that praying is like having a conversation with god, if you stop praying with him then you stop the conversation. Sometimes we need to bug God until we get an answer.

Upvote 0

er72

May 6, 2011
Nowhere
✟648.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I've heard of some having success with the I-Ching.

There's also flipping a coin or using the Thummim Urim. Seemed to work wonders in the Oh-Tee.

Better still, get a Magic 8-Ball at Wal-Mart. Those things work great. They're seldom wrong.

eight.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

Marycita

In my experience..so far...

First, you pray
God will burden your heart with something so much, you just can't get away from it.
Then, you cover it in prayer.
Then doors start opening..and you need to walk in faith, towards them and through them
You pray.
You step out in faith that the next doors that need to open will
You pray.
You prepare and let God prepare you (as a person, His child, in specific ways) for the doors and whatever lays beyond.
You pray.
You let God work through you.

Repeat.

Oh also - expect attacks each step of the way...they stink, BUT it's also a good indication you are on the right track..

or so I've found ^_^

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Is there?
If so I think that I all ways miss the call or something....
:stress:

I've been wondering this a lot lately too! I'm glad you broached this subject. I have a hard time because I always feel like I'm meant for something more and God has great plans for me, but I'm so stuck!! Finances and benefits dictate that I can't make any moves anytime soon, but I also know that I can't ignore God's calling! So is it my human nature, fear of the unknown, keeping me here? Or has God just not opened the right doors yet?

Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
In my experience..so far...

First, you pray
God will burden your heart with something so much, you just can't get away from it.
Then, you cover it in prayer.
Then doors start opening..and you need to walk in faith, towards them and through them
You pray.
You step out in faith that the next doors that need to open will
You pray.
You prepare and let God prepare you (as a person, His child, in specific ways) for the doors and whatever lays beyond.
You pray.
You let God work through you.

Repeat.

Oh also - expect attacks each step of the way...they stink, BUT it's also a good indication you are on the right track..

or so I've found ^_^

I'm getting the distinct impression that you think we should pray! ;)

Upvote 0