Aug 9, 2002
Mississippi
Visit site
✟16,230.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Clothes line preaching, interesting. The Bible I read tells me of the many splendors of God. It tells me about the great love grace and mercy he has for man kind. It also tells me things I am suppsoed to do such as be under subjection to my man of God. My Pastor, My Shepard.

Our Shepards are the ones who will answer for the walk of the sheep left in his care. The ones God has called and harvested to their care.

The should clearly be teaching standards of Holiness. thsoe things that are acceptable to God and those things that are not.

There are requirements to what God expects from us. We live in a society that wants to believe they are saved on Sunday and can live like Hell on Monday but that is just not the case.

Now with that said, it is a journey that we are on. When a person is preparing a meal the raw ingredients are brought into the house. They are then placed in the coking area, then chooped up and each ingredient placed into the mix. Then placed into the oven, then you have a final result.

People shoudl not worry about how others are dressed to come to Church thats the Pastors job. no diffrent than your own children. I have a greater expectaiton of behavior out of my 25 year old than I do my 3 year old grandson.

New people, in the middle of the preperation, even right up to the fire people, should not be bothered with dress and such things and especially by anyone other than the Pastor.

We need to worry about taking a message of Jesus Loves you to them. We need to take the nmessage that we Love them as well. We need to tell them that the word of God says to come as you are. The clean up is up to God. God uses Ministers, Teachers, and Pastors to do the cleaning throught the Word.

God Bless

So, you are saying it is the pastor's job to tell the people what to wear to church (God's house)?

Guess I haven't seen that in the word yet. :scratch:

Upvote 0

BroGinder

Veteran
Aug 18, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟14,621.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do we do with the scripture that says that men are not to wear womens apparel and women not to wear mens apparel?

Deut 22:5
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
KJV

Upvote 0
O

onelamb

What do we do with the scripture that says that men are not to wear womens apparel and women not to wear mens apparel?

Deut 22:5
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
KJV
Clothing that pertaineth to a man-or woman for that matter-changes over time. For example, when those words were penned-both men and women wore tunics. Now, a man in a tunic would be looked at like he was not only strange, but dressing like a woman. It is still possible to obey those words-and dress like a woman or man-without "clothsline religion". Our Pastor used to say that if you could take off your religion and hang it on a clothsline-then you didn't have a relationship with the King of Kings-but with your closet.

Upvote 0

BroGinder

Veteran
Aug 18, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟14,621.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, you are saying it is the pastor's job to tell the people what to wear to church (God's house)?

Guess I haven't seen that in the word yet. :scratch:

Love thy neighbor as thy self. Thats free

If you would look back at what I wrote, the spirit of what I wrote and the context was that the problem seems to be that the saints are addressing these issues when it is the Pastors place to address things that are out of line in the House of God.

He is the one held accountable as the Word of God has said the Blood of those are upon his shoulders. So yes it is up to him to guide and teach modesty, and appropriate actions with in the flock entrusted to him by God.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
WEll, yea. Girls gotta wear dresses, and long hair, and men gotta wear slacks and a shirt with a collar on it. guys also gotta have short hair and no tennis shoes. no ear rings or tattoos for guys, no tatoos for girls but one ear ring hole per ear on the bottom of the lobe only for girls. I think that about covers it. might have left something out. well you do have to b rush your t eeth, and bathe, and comb your hair, and gargle with listerine, but hey that goes without saying right? Underarm deodorant is a good idea too.

Oh and it's ok for girls to have makeup on and jewelery on, but not ok for guys, for obvious reasons, like it'd probably make eveyone puke if guys did dress like that.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The whole thign is this. No one will change their shirt, skirt, hair, or anything if God doesnt change them. If they do its for naught anyway.
personallly i like churches where people dress up and look nice better than churches where people wear anything they want. It isn't the most important thing to me and wouldn't be the deciding factor in my deciding to go to any one church, but if i could have my rathers, I'd rather have a church where people dress up. If someone things that is silly , or that is legalism or whatever, well different strokes for different folks, nobody can agree on everything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.