Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://bulletsfirst.net/2013/11/08/...-man-shoots-intruder-2am-gets-charged-murder/

A man’s home is his castle, except in Maryland. Man shoots intruder at 2am, gets charged with murder

US Air Force Tech Sgt. Matt Pinkerton shot an intruder in his home on September 13th just before 2am.

That is not in question.

Yet somehow, in Maryland, where Castle Doctrine does not exist by statute but rather only by case law, Sgt. Pinkerton is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

The intruder, Kendall Green, had reportedly been harassing Matt’s wife, Jessica. Green had been a friend who helped Jessica when her brother was in a coma after being involved in a accident while Matt was overseas.

All evidence points to Jessica only maintaining a friendship with Green yet when he pushed for more she ended the friendship completely.

Details matter.

Under what specific circumstances, did this shooting occur?

Reactions: crjmurray
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably only if you are black. Example: white teenager walks down the street with a loaded rifle. Someone sees him, calls 911. Cop stops him, demands to see ID. Kid refuses to show him the ID. Cop cites him for disorderly conduct, white kid walks on with loaded rifle. Black guy in Walmart picks up a toy gun. Someone sees him, calls 911. Cops converge on black guy, order him to drop the gun. Black guy yells back that it is just a toy. Cops shoot black guy dead.

This is untrue on so many levels. As a white person, I can tell you that I honestly believe police target lower income areas or 'the poor', and not blacks... My proof is in how many times I've been pulled over, day or night for no good reason driving a rusty old toyota corolla verses driving a brand new SUV. It's like night and day. It's like 25 to 0. Unbelievable difference.

...In the mind of a profiler, poor = troubled. Wealthy = follows rules.

...What needs to end, is "Proactive Policing". They should return to the old method of responding to emergency phone calls and end the proactive policing method... But this is off topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Uh, that case got thrown out. And it was apparently much more complicated than your article describes it. Green was having an affair with Pinkerton's wife. You can't just kill a guy for that.

http://bulletsfirst.net/2013/11/08/...-man-shoots-intruder-2am-gets-charged-murder/

A man’s home is his castle, except in Maryland. Man shoots intruder at 2am, gets charged with murder

US Air Force Tech Sgt. Matt Pinkerton shot an intruder in his home on September 13th just before 2am.

That is not in question.

Yet somehow, in Maryland, where Castle Doctrine does not exist by statute but rather only by case law, Sgt. Pinkerton is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

The intruder, Kendall Green, had reportedly been harassing Matt’s wife, Jessica. Green had been a friend who helped Jessica when her brother was in a coma after being involved in a accident while Matt was overseas.

All evidence points to Jessica only maintaining a friendship with Green yet when he pushed for more she ended the friendship completely.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you want to blame the Qur'an? Where does the Qur'an say anything about suicide bombing?

Some say the father of suicide bombing is Taqi al-din Ahmad Ibn Taymiya...

"Many jihadists cite the works of Taqi al-din Ahmad Ibn Taymiya (1263-1328), an Islamic scholar born in Harran, in modern-day Turkey, who wrote extensively on the need for jihad and exalted it even above the Islamic obligations of fasting and pilgrimage (hajj).[66] He attacked many practices prevalent among Muslims of his time and favored a literal interpretation of the Qur'an. Modern jihadists have used his fatwas commanding Muslims to fight the Mongols as precedents legitimizing suicide bombing."

http://www.meforum.org/1003/the-religious-foundations-of-suicide-bombings

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Ibn Taymiyyah declared that jihad against the Mongol attack on the Malmuk sultanate was not only permissible, but obligatory.[35] The reason being that the Mongols could not, in his opinion, be true Muslims despite the fact that they had converted to Sunni Islam because they ruled using what he considered 'man-made laws' (their traditional Yassa code) rather than Islamic law or Sharia, whilst believing that the Yassa code was better than the Sharia law. Because of this, he reasoned they were living in a state of jahiliyyah, or pre-Islamic pagan ignorance.[12] The fatwa broke new Islamic legal ground because "no jurist had ever before issued a general authorization for the use of lethal force against Muslims in battle," and was to influence modern Islamists in the use of violence against self-proclaimed Muslims.[53]

Ibn Taymiyyah called on the Muslims to Jihad once again and he also personally joined the eventual battle of Marj al-Saffar against the Mongol army.[21][50] The battle began on 20 April of that year.[50] On the same day, Ibn Taymiyyah declared a fatwa which exempted Mamluk soldiers from the fast during the month of Ramadan so that they could maintain their strength.[21][24][50] Within two days the Mongols were severely defeated and the battle was won."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Taymiyyah

...What a crying shame that the Mongols lost. It formed our world today in such a negative way.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All the polls and Media hacks assume absolutely that our economic strangling of nations like Iraq and our invasions and annihilates of them never lead to acts of self-defense and revenge on their part.

IT’S ABSOLUTELY INSANE. THEY KEEP ATTACKING MUSLIMS MORE AND MORE IN VASTLY MURDEROUS WAYS AND THEY KEEP BEING SHOCKED THAT A FEW MUSLIMS COUNTERATTACK THEM AND US, SO THEY DO MORE OF THE SAME AND WE GET A FEW MORE DESPERATE ATTACKS BY SUICIDE BOMBERS.

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INSANE THINGS I’VE EVER SEEN, BUT THEY KEEP PRETENDING THAT ONLY TOTALLY EVIL AND INSANE PEOPLE COUNTERATTACK YOU WHEN YOU FIRST ATTACK AND KILL AND WOUND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF THEM.

The truth is that it’s incredible they have not yet figured out how to kill masses of us.

Full article here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/03/jack-d-douglas/us-insane/

by Jack D. Douglas, who is a retired professor of sociology from the University of California at San Diego. He has published widely on all major aspects of human beings, most notably The Myth of the Welfare State.

You are confused.

America is siding with some Muslims, ie. the legitimate government of Iraq, and opposing others.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...Never knew Ghengis Kahn was a Sunni though. Makes sense really.

...Makes sense too why religion in many Asian countries is supressed so heavily too.

(sorry, I'm thinking out loud)

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

...Makes sense too why religion in many Asian countries is supressed so heavily too.

(sorry, I'm thinking out loud)
Khan was dead before any of that in your previous post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I don't solely blame the Quran, but the heart of the evil men who commit violence. The Quran does contain much in justifying violence, especially against unbelievers.

Have to resort to a hate-blog I see. Which means you know nothing the context of any of those verses, not a single one of which addresses the issue of suicide bombing. I didn't ask for where the Qur'an calls for a just war, which is something entirely different.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
"Ibn Taymiyyah declared that jihad against the Mongol attack on the Malmuk sultanate was not only permissible, but obligatory.[35]

That's interesting given the act that Mamluk repulsed the Mongols at the Battle of Armageddon (which is a real place) in 1260 A.D. and Ibn Taymiyyah wasn't born until thre years later.

The reason being that the Mongols could not, in his opinion, be true Muslims despite the fact that they had converted to Sunni Islam because they ruled using what he considered 'man-made laws' (their traditional Yassa code) rather than Islamic law or Sharia, whilst believing that the Yassa code was better than the Sharia law.

They hadn't converted to Islam at the time they fought to Mamlukes. In fact, they had just destroyed the Caliphate in Baghdad.

...What a crying shame that the Mongols lost. It formed our world today in such a negative way.

So you are talking about a battle some fifty years later which they also lost. You realize that, whatever Ibn Taymiyyah may have thought, by this time the Mongols had converted to Islam some eight years earlier? If the Mongols had won they would have overrun Egypt and North Africa, perhaps leading to the conquest of Spain and the rest of Europe. The Mamlukes were the only people ever to defeat the Mongols on the field of battle. The brutality we see in the Middle East today as well as Russia, is largely the legacy of the Mongols, not Islam.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

He most definitely wasn't. The Mongols in the Middle East don't begin converting to Islam until 1295, some forty years after they destroy the Caliphate. Genghiz Khan dies in 1227. Eastern Mongols mostly converted to Tibetan Buddhism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟18,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
You are confused.

America is siding with some Muslims, ie. the legitimate government of Iraq, and opposing others.

?? " .... legitimate government of Iraq" ?? Oh! You must mean the government we installed after we destroyed their country for no legitimate reason whatsoever.

Hmmm .... I'm wondering why you didn't cite Saudi Arabia or the Egyptian junta ....

No, I'm not really wondering.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So let's pretend it's the OT and Muslims learned how to make gunpowder and very explosive bombs and were suicide bombing innocent Jews, women and children and the like....what do you think God would tell the Jews to do? What did God have the Jews do in the OT when they faced various enemies?

Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟18,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
So let's pretend it's the OT and Muslims learned how to make gunpowder and very explosive bombs and were suicide bombing innocent Jews, women and children and the like....what do you think God would tell the Jews to do? What did God have the Jews do in the OT when they faced various enemies?

Whoaa, there! Did you forget which country bragged they bombed which country "back to the stone age"?

It's the US that committed the "ultimate war crime" in its invasion of Iraq.

Not to mention all the rest of the history going back to the crusades.

And remember, it was God who dispersed the Jews as punishment for their unfaithfulness.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status