Not open for further replies.

vnct

May 19, 2009
✟15,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The wicked who were alive are slain at his coming by his glory and his righteousness, the same way no man could touch the ark of the covenant and live. No man can behold God's true glory and live.
wow, that sounds pretty intense, but consistent with the old testament. thanks.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
is there a resurrection before the second death? do the wicked resurrect and die again, or do they never resurrect and go straight to the second death?

That is where the scripture, "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment..." (Heb 9:27) becomes interesting.

There are three groupings of people being raised back to life (Jn 11:23). Elijah with the young boy(1 Ki 17:22), of course Lazarus (Jn 11:43) and then those that arose after His resurrection (Mt27:52)

How many times did they die? Certainly Lazarus died then lived again and would eventually die again. Seeing there were even those who wanted to kill him (Jn 12:10) after he was raised back to life the first time. (Jn 11:23)

It would seem of the two types of destruction being cited, in Mt 10:28, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Concerning Heb 9:27 a person is only judged once, how many times they can live in a corruptable body before they are finally judged becomes somewhat of an issue now. Peter also makes an interesting comment followed by two questions, to much the same issue.

"For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Pe 4:17-18)

Indeed where will the people who are created in His image, including those who are near and dear to us but did not accept Christ appear? A person could ask, have these people truly rejected God's offer of salvation or just a falsely imagined and rejected version of it?

"If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." (Jn 12:47-48)

As far as God's ultimate power over the mortal corruptable body with its' life and death, when where and who He is able to choose to give this life, where does that end? Certainly there is a fairly large debate about the passage concerning Lazarus and the rich man, wether it's a parable or literal going on and on and on. But what about this passage?

"Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, 'Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!' Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it," says the Lord.' " (Ez 37:11-14)

Upvote 0

vnct

May 19, 2009
✟15,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is where the scripture, "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment..." (Heb 9:27) becomes interesting.

There are three groupings of people being raised back to life (Jn 11:23). Elijah with the young boy(1 Ki 17:22), of course Lazarus (Jn 11:43) and then those that arose after His resurrection (Mt27:52)

How many times did they die? Certainly Lazarus died then lived again and would eventually die again. Seeing there were even those who wanted to kill him (Jn 12:10) after he was raised back to life the first time. (Jn 11:23)
are there perhaps different types of resurrections into different types of bodies? for example, lazarus was resurrected into a corruptible body that was destined to die again, but the endtime saints will be resurrected into bodies that will never die again. are there different types of resurrections into different types of bodies referenced in each instance?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
are there perhaps different types of resurrections into different types of bodies? for example, lazarus was resurrected into a corruptible body that was destined to die again, but the endtime saints will be resurrected into bodies that will never die again.

A fair number of people understand, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor 15:53) Most everyone believes some form of that from whatever religion. Even some Athiests are honest enough to say, 'if there is something after death, then it's certainly not what religions are telling people'.

are there different types of resurrections into different types of bodies referenced in each instance?

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? ." (1 Cor 2:11)

There is a spirit of the man in him.

"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it." (Ec 12:7)

That there is a resurrection for people to the incorruptible in its' most simple form is not in question. There are those who are not found written in the Book of Life and are cast into the lake of fire is not in question. Is the soul physical or spiritual, what types of bodies are referenced in each instance? That is an either or question but it could be said, all it only simply requires is both before the eternal judgment is made.

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Mt 10:28)

But that leads to the bigger question, how will God judge all the people and do this?

Upvote 0

vnct

May 19, 2009
✟15,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Soul of man is actuality, the result of the marriage of spirit and body whose destiny is determined by the reality made effective to it whether it be the relationship between it and God unto life or between it and vanity, unto death.
if the spirit and the body become separated, what then happens to the soul?

Upvote 0

vnct

May 19, 2009
✟15,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A fair number of people understand, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor 15:53) Most everyone believes some form of that from whatever religion. Even some Athiests are honest enough to say, 'if there is something after death, then it's certainly not what religions are telling people'.

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? ." (1 Cor 2:11)

There is a spirit of the man in him.

"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it." (Ec 12:7)

That there is a resurrection for people to the incorruptible in its' most simple form is not in question. There are those who are not found written in the Book of Life and are cast into the lake of fire is not in question. Is the soul physical or spiritual, what types of bodies are referenced in each instance? That is an either or question but it could be said, all it only simply requires is both before the eternal judgment is made.

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Mt 10:28)

But that leads to the bigger question, how will God judge all the people and do this?
:) thanks much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.