Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We're students of the Bible, Conklin - which is an academic persuit your fellows don't seem interested in. We aren't here to play games of semantics.

So am I. But you trump yourselves up like your are PhD theological professors!

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If the Jesuits didn't write the Scriptures, then of what interest are they to anyone?
I haven't appealed to a single extra-Biblical work (except Thayer's Lexicon), and so bringing up Jesuit nonsense is a distraction you're employing to avoid Biblical answers. The pasted contribution you offered is off-topic, not of interest, and I don't have any reason to read below this line.
I have no interest in the vain traditions of man.

Are you a Protestant? If you are you should have interest in the Jesuits as they have been the main agents used to undermine and hinder the work of the Reformation brought about by the Reformers of the 16th century. Unfortunately, the attitude that you have and most of the other members of CF shows that you already have bought into their theological lies.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The old priesthood is gone..those of the old cov..
That means that the old cov laws,for the priesthood are gone..and by the way,so is the temple..

Hebrews 7:11-12 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Hebrews 7:18-19 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

Greek for setting aside.. athetesis 115
Definition:
1) abolition, disannulling, put away, rejection

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

Hebrews 8:8For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH;

Effect in the greek…sunteleo 4931
Definition:
1) to end together or at the same time
2) to end completely
2a) bring to an end, finish, complete
3) to accomplish, bring to fulfilment
3a) to come to pass
4) to effect, make, (conclude)
5) to finish
5a) to make an end of
5b) to bring to an end
5c) destroy

New,in the greek. kainos 2537

Definition:
1) new
1a) as respects form
1a1) recently made, fresh, recent, unused, unworn
1b) as respects substance
1b1) of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of

Hebrews 8:13In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Greek for obsolete.., palaioo 3822

Definition:
1) to make ancient or old
1a) to become old, to be worn out
1b) of things worn out by time and use
2) to declare a thing to be old and so about to be abrogated

Here we see,that that the first was done away with..

Hebrews 10:8-9 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.

Here is the Greek,for “do away”

anaireo 337

Definition: 1) to take up, to lift up (from the ground)
1a) to take up for myself as mine
1b) to own (an exposed infant)
2) to take away, abolish
2a) to do away with or abrogate customs or ordinances
2b) to put out of the way, kill slay a man

Here,we see,that clealy the ministry of Moses,that was the old cov,is brought to an end..

2 Corinthians 3:7-11 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory? 9 For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory. 10 Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if what was being brought to an end came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory.

Scriptures from the NASB,NLT,ESV.

Of course the OT priesthood has passed away, dah. However, you can't miss it that Jesus has taken their place in the heavenly sanctuary. And just as the OT priest interceded in the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place so Jesus has done the same in the heavenly sanctuary. And key point, is that the original Ark of Testament (Covenant) is still in the heavenly sanctuary as we speak. And what was contained in the Ark of the Testament? The tablets of the 10 Commandments!! Does anyone here with a rational mind think it could be otherwise? Does anyone really think that Jesus would have removed the 10 Commandments and exploded them in outer space? Nonsense!! Those who continue to break God's Law are the ones who be thrown into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you a Protestant? If you are you should have interest in the Jesuits as they have been the main agents used to undermine and hinder the work of the Reformation brought about by the Reformers of the 16th century. Unfortunately, the attitude that you have and most of the other members of CF shows that you already have bought into their theological lies.
I take it that your comments are a roundabout way of admission that Jesuits aren't responsible for anything contained in the Bible. Also, you seem unaware of the Reformation's reliance on sola Scriptura and justification by faith that underlies the core doctrines of the church. In other words, the Reformation wasn't influenced by the Jesuits. This is another red herring that you have brought up a number of times.

It isn't helping you to accuse others of Jesuit influence when the seventh-day Adventist church you're a member of filters everything in the Bible through the lense of an extra-Biblical alleged prophet. It isn't helping you either that when posts are presented using sola Scriptura for sole support, you chose to ignore them:
You say that the Ark of the Covenant that Johns saw in vision, did not contain the 10 Commandments, but that is where the Ten Commandments were always kept in the OT tabernacle, so why would they not be in the heavenly? Hebrews clearly says that the earthly articles of furniture were models of the originals in the heavenly. John was shown the other articles in the heavenly sanctuary like the golden candlesticks and the altar of incense (see Rev.4:5;8:3). Therefore, the only logical and rational conclusion is that the God's Holy Law, the 10 Commandments that were written by God's own finger (not Moses), were right where they should be in the Ark. After all who would even think of removing them? Only Satan would want to do that, because he hates God's Law, and wants mankind to continue breaking it, which is sin, which leads to eternal death.
Did you read the post that I linked? I didn't think so. -->please answer the posts you read, just to prove that you read them<--

The ten commandments were not a part of the tabernacle Moses was commissioned to build, as I had pointed out to you. I had also pointed out several times that the ten commandments were a covenant dictated solely to one group of people, and Moses confirms that in Deuteronomy 4:8. No other people had the covenant comprised by the ten commandments, and that relationship extends to outer space as well as the earth.
I had also pointed out that John's vision of the heavenly temple doesn't have a division inside of it, or "apartments" in typical SDA terminology. The event of moving from one "apartment" to another in 1844 was a fabrication that places the Investigative Judgment outside of the claim of inspiration.

You don't acknowledge that the Bible clearly explains the ten commandments as a temporal covenant that has both a beginning and an end that can be identified, and it also had a limited jurisdiction. Something with those qualities is the antithesis of eternal. And, 1 Timothy 1:9 tells us that "that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless", and it has no purpose existing in heaven where righteousness dwells.

There is no evidence that the ten commandments were copied in heaven, and plenty of evidence to suggest that your idea is flat wrong. God took away the first covenant with His own Hand (Hebrews 10:9), which is every bit as authoritative as writing that covenant onto two stone tablets with His fingers. It is called "the ministry of death" in 2 Corinthians 3:7, and that same chapter goes on to explain how that covenant was abolished, and there is no other component of the law that was written onto tables of stone other than the ten commandments. "Abolished" decrees the end of what you had considered to be eternal, and demonstrates that it was not. Moses testified that the ten commandments didn't exist before his generation in Deuteronomy 5:2-3 (making Ellen White's "law of love" a complete lie), Isaiah prophesied the annulling of Israel's "covenant with death" (Isaiah 28:18) which was confirmed in Hebrews 7:18-19, and Paul ordered the Galatian church to cast off the covenant from Sinai in Galatians 4:30, which was the ten commandments.

The temporal covenant has been abolished, and it has been replaced with the permanent covenant that was promised to Abraham long ago and realized in Jesus Christ. This is what Christianity affirms, and Adventism is in denial of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Those who continue to break God's Law are the ones who be thrown into the lake of fire.
Do you have a solution in mind to escape this fate?
God has already declared all of the recipients of the first covenant disobedient, as Romans 11:32 concludes "For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all". In case the simplicity of His conclusion eludes you, you are included in His disposition that includes "all".

Upvote 0