Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Talk about contrary to the text.. it says nothing close to that.. this is what is says in plain English..

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Yep, not a word about being on Earth, right?

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

John 1:9
Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Connect that simple truth with Matt 19 and you'll also see that His Apostles shall sit upon twelve thrones as well, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Connect that with Luke 22 where the Lord says plainly that He shall not drink of the fruit of the vine til it is fulfilled in the KINGDOM... and then connect that agaion to Matt 25 where He says to those on His right... Come ye blessed of My Father, inherit the KINGDOM prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Simple biblical truths and of course I know that they can mean practically anything but what they do say, right?

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, not a word about being on Earth, right?

So you think that He is coming to Mars instead?

It's almost sad to see such a ridiculous statement in order to cleave to the nonsense of Amillenialism... but I understand that you can't be wrong in these matters.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Connect that simple truth with Matt 19 and you'll also see that His Apostles shall sit upon twelve thrones as well, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Connect that with Luke 22 where the Lord says plainly that He shall not drink of the fruit of the vine til it is fulfilled in the KINGDOM... and then connect that agaion to Matt 25 where He says to those on His right... Come ye blessed of My Father, inherit the KINGDOM prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Simple biblical truths and of course I know that they can mean practically anything but what they do say, right?
Looks more like bible yoyo to me. Start at this verse, up to that verse, then down to this other verse, and back to the first verse. All very acrobatic I think.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks more like bible yoyo to me. Start at this verse, up to that verse, then down to this other verse, and back to the first verse. All very acrobatic I think.

What more could you do when you know perfectly well that He is coming again. Unless of course you don't believe that He is coming again, that wouldn't be a surprise either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do believe the old testament.

Then you should also love Jerusalem. Here's another portion of a beautiful song..

Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And of course everyone knows the verse in Matthew concerning the city of the great King..

Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: but I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are simple biblical truths
I do not buy the product your posts are selling.

Do you have something against the word of God? These are not my words, they're His. And of course His word says to buy the truth and sell it not. Like to pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they that love thee shall prosper. Wondrous things like that.. and how that Jerusalem is the city of the great King. Not my words as flattering as that may be, they're His.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So getting back to the OP, under the New Covenant man is still under obligation-to righteousness, to obedience, to the Law, but that obligation is now shown to be authentically fulfilled only as per Rom 13:8-10. And man is only able to fulfill it by means of his communion with God, apart from Whom he can do nothing, but with Whom all things are possible. This communion was made possible by Jesus's work of atonement/reconciliation on the cross whereby man is redeemed, and can now approach God, by faith, by means of which this communion is established, or reestablished, as it was originally shattered at the Fall.

The New Covenant: "'Thou Shalt Love'- and only I, God, can accomplish this work in you, if you hear My voice and answer My call." It's not about God suddenly ignoring His justice, but rather about Him restoring it, the right way, in due time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vollbracht
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
See, you say that you believe the OT and then when I quote it you say that you're not buying it.

A little contradictory there. :)

Your interpretation is not being bought. The rest of us have no problem with Scripture--we love Scripture.

The problem is that your personal interpretations and opinions simply do not match what the rest of us see in Scripture, or what Christianity has historically seen in Scripture.

So if the choice is between believing what you say or what the Bible says, we choose the Bible.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Vollbracht

Aug 30, 2014
✟8,399.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
So getting back to the OP, under the New Covenant man is still under obligation-to righteousness, to obedience, to the Law, but that obligation is now shown to be authentically fulfilled only as per Rom 13:8-10. And man is only able to fulfill it by means of his communion with God, apart from Whom he can do nothing, but with Whom all things are possible. This communion was made possible by Jesus's work of atonement/reconciliation on the cross whereby man is redeemed, and can now approach God, by faith, by means of which this communion is established, or reestablished, as it was originally shattered at the Fall.

The New Covenant: "'Thou Shalt Love'- and only I, God, can accomplish this work in you, if you hear My voice and answer My call." It's not about God suddenly ignoring His justice, but rather about Him restoring it, the right way, in due time.

Good post. You know, with the benefit of faith icons being omitted, I can easily mistake the author of this for the fine fellow who wrote "Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost"

But then I come to my senses and realize that the following would probably not be endorsed:

(2.) Wherefore, secondly, Being thus disappointed, by the severity and inexorableness of the law, men generally betake themselves to some other way, that may satisfy them as to those considerations which took them off from their former hopes; and this, for the most part, is by fixing themselves upon some ways of atonement to satisfy God, and helping out the rest with hopes ofmercy. Not to insist on the ways of atonement and expiation which the Gentiles had pitched on; nor on the many ways and inventions — by works satisfactory at their own, supererogations of others, indulgences, and purgatory in the close — that the Papists have found out for this end and
purpose; it is, I say, proper to all convinced persons, as above, to seek for a righteousness, partly by an endeavour to satisfy for what is past, and partly by hoping after general mercy. This the apostle calls a seeking for it “as it were by the works of the law,” Rom. ix. 32; not directly, “but as it were” by the works of the law, making up one thing with another. And he tells us what issue they have in this business, chap. x. 3, “Being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, they have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.” They were by it enemies to the righteousness of God. The ground of this going about to establish their own righteousness was, that they were ignorant of the righteousness of God. Had they known the righteousness of God, and what exact conformity to his will he requireth, they had never undertaken such a fruitless business as to have compassed it “as it were by the works of the law.” Yet this many will stick on a long time. Something they do, something they hope for; some old faults they will buy off with new obedience. And this pacifies their consciences for a season; but when the Spirit comes to convince them of righteousness, neither will this hold.

...and I suspect, neither would the OP.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Righteousness can be sought after by works of the law, which are a matter of our own efforts and which cannot justify, or as a “work of faith”, so to speak, which does justify, and where we work out our salvation with He who works in us. Only possible by grace. That’s the bottom line message: in order for man to possess and maintain his moral integrity, not to mention his peace, joy, happiness-and eternal life- he must be one in will with, in communion with, his Maker-something Adam determined he could do without .

Last edited:
Upvote 0