Is the gospel just grace?

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Climate change has nothing to do with the gospel. HOW WE RESPOND TO THE PROBLEM (what is the right thing to do) is very much a part of the gospel in the larger sense. The apostles taught believers right from wrong. The Pope is doing no different--he's just applying God's principles to modern events, which we often need help with.
How the Christian responds to climate change has nothing to do with grace or salvation.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Climate change has nothing to do with the gospel. HOW WE RESPOND TO THE PROBLEM (what is the right thing to do) is very much a part of the gospel in the larger sense. The apostles taught believers right from wrong. The Pope is doing no different--he's just applying God's principles to modern events, which we often need help with.
How the Christian responds to climate change has nothing to do with grace or salvation.

But since you're so interested in what others are doing about climate change, my carbon foot print is pretty small compared to most. I own over 500 trees, have acres of unmowed green grass and normally drive less than 500 miles per month.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

bugkiller
The gospel doesn't stop with salvation. It goes past that to our sanctification. Sanctification includes obedience to God, not sinning, THUS the need for churches to teach right and wrong.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
But since you're so interested in what others are doing about climate change, my carbon foot print is pretty small compared to most. I own over 500 trees, have acres of unmowed green grass and normally drive less than 500 miles per month.
that's really admirable!!!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
So you aren't going to tell us what it has to do with grace. Swell.
Nope. I basically feel that questions should be answered in the order asked. First answer my question, THEN ask me your question about grace.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We have been set from transgressing the law so that we could be free to not transgress the law.

ummmm, we were set free because one can't transgress what is over with, that's why.

Rom 4:For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you still arguing with me on this topic? You've said everything you have to say, and still you have not convinced me. Repetition is not an argument. Repeating the same argument over and over after a discussion is ended on a note of disagreement, that's just nagging.
it is not nagging to repeat a fact, that is true, and was never refuted properly, Paul repeated, it is good to do!

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
it is not nagging to repeat a fact, that is true, the Jewish Christians in Antioch were living as gentiles, and that was never refuted properly, Paul repeated, it is good to do!

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Of course it is.
well, gee....can you show me the post where you proved me wrong this very important debate issue. I mean really it is not right if someone like me who has a slam dunk:basketball: truth, while you don't refute it, but just call me a nagging person to silence me, that is not a kind debate thing to do, Just maybe say, I am right, then fine, point proved, we can move on, but you can't just silence this big truth by calling me a nagger, that is not an elevation of debate, that is a personal down spiraling tactic that is not professional, thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
What did Jesus demand obedience to? the law? where? please quote something for support.
Probably the most general way to put it would be his teaching. He taught we would be accountable for a range of things all included in his teachings: bearing fruit, not being angry at a brother, not judging, doing the Father’s will, forgiving, etc.

Is that part of the Gospel? I think so. If the Gospel is the fact that he had come to bring the Kingdom, I think the nature of the Kingdom is part of the Gospel.

Since people may not look up the context, I again note that this demand for obedience is accompanied by his assurance that God goes out of his way to reach us, forgives us, and won't give up on us.

But the good news includes the fact that God is fixing the world, inviting us to join him, and holding us accountable for how we respond, not just that he accepts us and forgives us.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What did Jesus demand obedience to? the law? where? please quote something for support.

bugkiller
Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0