Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Say something here like, "List your five favorite books of all time" and many people will respond with, "the Bible".

Here are two items in my home: The Open Bible, The Disciple's Study Bible. Those are books. I do not have them with me, but if I did I would provide information such as publisher, editor, date of publication, edition, features (words of Jesus highlighted a certain way; commentary/notes; etc.), etc.

Is there a book titled "Bible"?

"Bible" could mean any of various publications, each with different translations and other differences.

It would help if people would get in the habit of responding to questions about books with statements like, "The Open Bible".

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the Bible is a collection of books. Or rather, the word 'bible' itself means 'book', and in more common terms, is 'definitive book' (see: technical bible, series bible, cooking bible, etc.).

I'm just being facetious, though. The publisher info is more accurately an Edition, such as they often use in the labeling. Namely because the publisher's content is in the footnotes and appendices and so forth, not the actual text or translated text. And while 'edition' might also be used for particular translations, you also have the words 'version' or 'translation' themselves for that.

For instance, the one on my shelf is the New Revised Standard Version, New Oxford Annotated Edition with the Deuterocanon.

Upvote 0