Is something morally wrong with legalizing marijuana?

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God did not create man and woman for us to spill life by intoxicating ourselves. Claiming that "we all should have a right to do whatever we want with our lives" is nothing but a huge denial of responsibility. We have the power to use the government to stop our neighbours from drinking and smoking, so you will have to answer before God why you didn't. When there is a right way of living your life, what goes against forcing people to follow that path.

Yeah, right on. Let's pile big heaps of stones on every sinner. That's what Jesus would do!

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
if pot became legal, I just feel it will be laying around with the packs of cigarettes and anyone who has smoking parents can just about tell you where the first cig they smoked came from. Where as, if it remains illegal, pot is "put up" or "hidden" therefore not easily accessed by young kids.

I don't know of a single kid who doesn't know where they can go to get weed, right now, without anyone finding out. Prohibitions create violent black markets. They don't make the products go away.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HAAAAAAAHAHAHA. So the vices that you partake in and enjoy regularly should be left alone but the ones everyone else does should be banned?

So out of curiosity what else should be banned besides drinking and drugs? Premarital sex? Children out of wedlock? The theory of evolution? Dungeons and Dragons games? Harry Potter? Birth control methods? The HPV vaccine? Any of those that you partake in and enjoy and therefore we can't ban them even if they might be bad for society?

Lying? Lusful thoughts? Anger? How about... pride, which certain people in this thread seem to have in spades?

Of course it will only be us common folk who are punished, because OBVIOUSLY there will be people who have no vices at all to operate this massive, USSR-dwarfing totalitarianism.

Upvote 0

BotanicalBob

Apr 13, 2010
✟15,966.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
... that is actually my point. The doctor has no way to control the dose of the marijuana given. Since the medicine comes in plant form, there is a wide range of strength from plant to plant. The doctor has no way of knowing what the dose is in the joint or what strength it is. There is no meter to control what amount of medicine you are inhaling, unlike with albuterol or some other medicine that has a meter for the inhaler. That is really the only problem I can see with using marijuana for medicinal purposes, and I am sure if the scientists thought about it and really wanted to use marijuana medicinally, then they could solve this problem somehow.

There is no problem. Pot isn't like some man made drug where you have to take 500 mg and only 500 mg otherwise it won't have it's desired affect, or it'll put you in the hospital if you take too much.

Upvote 0

BotanicalBob

Apr 13, 2010
✟15,966.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Enforce public order crimes & let pot go comercial. While we are at it, we need to legalize the still. It is silly that in this day and age you can buy a beer making kit, buy a wine making kit and make all you desire inthe comfort of your home, but build a pot still in your back yard and the Feds will be kicking your door. Just plain crazy.

A pot still?

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
A pot still is a type of still that is used for distilling alchohol.

Here is a design for making one in your kitchen:
geoff_pot_still.gif

The same thing has been used by moonshiners, creating bathtub gin during prohibition, whiskey stills of the "the hills" and all over Ireland for centuries. The still is part of my cultural heritige & I feel . . . if Native Americans can get a pass to grow and use peyote and other stuff, we should be allowed to distill our own whiskey!

The pot still gets its name from the cooling pot, not from having anything to do with marijuana . . . apart from also being illegal while it shouldn't be.

Here are some pretty ones 20L and 200L capacity
200L20L.jpg

Upvote 0