Is Showing Cleavage Immodest? What Does the Bible Say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I'm not a mod, but given the age of the thread, I'd say :wave:jack :)

I envy* this woman. What a great life she seems to have.

90592163crazy-cat-lady1.jpg

*okay that's sinful, to envy. Let me rephase. She looks so comfy, I want to adopt more cats and try the couch position out.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2012
✟15,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is cleavage a sin?
I personally don't think so.
In my opinion being sexual is a human attribute.
It is one of those things that i believe people should decide for themselves and not force their opinion onto others.
If you don't want to show your cleavage that is absolutly respectable for me but tolerate others who choose to do otherwise.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now that this thread has been semi-hi jacked I want to say cat ladies seriously need help. I don't mean that to sound mean. Its ok to love cats (I have two of my own), but to many woman I've met don't want to do anything in life but collect cats. Which from a psychological point of view means they have some deep seeded issues with society and acceptance.

More importantly as a christian you have to ask yourself. What comes first the cats or God? As a man who was addicted to video games I often would put off God so I could play more games. I'd say anyone who does this with anything needs to revalute their life and relationship with God.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Now that this thread has been semi-hi jacked I want to say cat ladies seriously need help. I don't mean that to sound mean. Its ok to love cats (I have two of my own), but to many woman I've met don't want to do anything in life but collect cats. Which from a psychological point of view means they have some deep seeded issues with society and acceptance.

It's a photo of some random woman who has 5 cats. I have zero interest in making any assumptions regarding her psychological state. But hey, what a far more interesting topic than sin and cleavage.

More importantly as a christian you have to ask yourself. What comes first the cats or God? As a man who was addicted to video games I often would put off God so I could play more games. I'd say anyone who does this with anything needs to revalute their life and relationship with God.

What?

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it really depends on what is culturally acceptable. I know when I go and visit my family in Jamaica I have this one aunt that wears fishnet shirts with no bra, she is old as dirt she was 12 when Moses parted the red sea, it is really really gross....But when you think about it Jamaica is so hot I can understand why that would be acceptable. So is she sinning?? I don't think so.

What I do think is wrong is when women go to church with short skirts and a low cut shirt. I mean me personally it doesn't bother me I was never the type of guy that had wondering eyes the first woman I approached was my wife, growing up I thought I was to cool to go up to a woman and talk to her she had to come up to me.....However I remember one sunday the entire service my cousin(not saved) got talked to into coming to church with me. He was basically staring her down and really didn't get the message at all. I was at first pretty upset with her because you know that was one of the few times I got him to go.......

I'm not saying go to church wearing long skirts and tops to match....What I am saying is when you dress be appropriate for what that situation requires. But don't go to church dressed in a way that takes someone's attention off of God and directs it on your assets. The reason is you never know who's saved, who's not saved or when that opportunity to talk come to Christ will present itself to that person again.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
The simple act of showing cleavage is not a sin, no. But it does cause others to stumble. There lies the sin. You are causing others to stumble.

Some people have very high sexual tendencies and minds. If I have been good in the Lord all day and controlled my sexual thoughts and thought about God all day, and then I see you walking in the room with your stuff hanging out, I start to think bad thoughts. Guess what? That's your fault, not mine, and while I'll ask for forgiveness, you have a part to play in it as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The simple act of showing cleavage is not a sin, no. But it does cause others to stumble. There lies the sin. You are causing others to stumble.

Some people have very high sexual tendencies and minds. If I have been good in the Lord all day and controlled my sexual thoughts and thought about God all day, and then I see you walking in the room with your stuff hanging out, I start to think bad thoughts. Guess what? That's your fault, not mine, and while I'll ask for forgiveness, you have a part to play in it as well.
No that is your fault honestly. She could have helped you not to sin because as a brother she should have that type of love for you. But at the end of the day you should have enough love for yourself and self control not to take it there.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
No that is your fault honestly. She could have helped you not to sin because as a brother she should have that type of love for you. But at the end of the day you should have enough love for yourself and self control not to take it there.

..no, that's her fault. Have you read what the Bible has to say about being a stumbling block to others?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
..no, that's her fault. Have you read what the Bible has to say about being a stumbling block to others?

But that doesn't change the fact that you sinned. You were at fault you messed up with your thoughts.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
But that doesn't change the fact that you sinned. You were at fault you messed up with your thoughts.

Guys, it's a two way street, right? It goes back to Adam and Eve; who's fault was it they sinned, Eve's for being deceived or Adam's for not being strong enough to say no?

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
I guess I stated my point in a bad way; i'm not saying that a woman who shows cleavage and causes me to sin is the ONLY one to blame, of coarse I'm to blame, it was my sin. but she was my stumbling block, and she has a part to play in it as well. All sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. So her sin and my sin were both equal. We both sinned.

But that still makes my point; if a woman shows cleavage, and someone sins BECAUSE of that, yes, you are sinning by showing cleavage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guys, it's a two way street, right? It goes back to Adam and Eve; who's fault was it they sinned, Eve's for being deceived or Adam's for not being strong enough to say no?
While its the womans fault, we all know we men can't say that because women are always right! Although because Eve wanted to be bossy and pick the apple, its why God gave women PMS!

Kidding! :)
::locks doors and hides in basement::

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2012
✟15,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is such a strange disscussion i love it^^
Normaly guys would beg for more cleavage.
You are really something else.
Problem in my opinion is that while it used to be perfectly normal for a women to walk around naked (like eve), nowadays the womens breasts are hidden so much from sight that it becomes more exciting for men even when they only see a little of it. But the breasts themselves are nothing evil. They used to feed every one of us. I believe the fault is not at the breasts or their wearers but at society for being to prude.
What do you think about that?

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is such a strange disscussion i love it^^
Normaly guys would beg for more cleavage.
You are really something else.
Problem in my opinion is that while it used to be perfectly normal for a women to walk around naked (like eve), nowadays the womens breasts are hidden so much from sight that it becomes more exciting for men even when they only see a little of it. But the breasts themselves are nothing evil. They used to feed every one of us. I believe the fault is not at the breasts or their wearers but at society for being to prude.
What do you think about that?

I totally agree. I think it's cute how some dudes get so awkward at the sight of girls that they feel the need to actually try and blame the GIRL for dressing as she pleases.

Dudes: if you really have that many hangups, either a.) close your eyes or b.) don't leave your house. Society isn't going to stop just for you and nobody has a moral obligation to know your sexual issues and dress specifically to keep you from feeling guilty.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess I stated my point in a bad way; i'm not saying that a woman who shows cleavage and causes me to sin is the ONLY one to blame, of coarse I'm to blame, it was my sin. but she was my stumbling block, and she has a part to play in it as well. All sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. So her sin and my sin were both equal. We both sinned.

But that still makes my point; if a woman shows cleavage, and someone sins BECAUSE of that, yes, you are sinning by showing cleavage.

No, she didn't sin at all. She was walking around, going about her day while you lusted after her. She didn't do anything at all. She has no moral obligation to cater to your sense of appropriate dress or sexual ethics.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.