Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Look in Scripture. Churches are messy. They have good leadership and bad leadership.

People can get a solid seminary education at the most liberal, conservative or Scripturally consistent seminary. It takes a great deal of preparation and study to remain consistent without falling prey to preset opinions of what makes a good Christian pastor.

If a church of 1000 dwindles to 50 doesn't mean the preaching or pastoral care was bad. If a church of 50 grows to a 1000 doesn't mean it was good.

I think seminary training is vital. But if the person comes out teaching "5 steps to a better marriage" then there money was wasted. They only learned to be a motivational speaker. Not gospel proclaimer.

There is a great deal of bad theology in churches. And a lot egos unwilling to admit to it. They staked their entire ministries they are correct in their interpretations. So much so many have become nondenominational.

Egos lead churches today.

Reactions: Wordkeeper
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look in Scripture. Churches are messy. They have good leadership and bad leadership.

People can get a solid seminary education at the most liberal, conservative or Scripturally consistent seminary. It takes a great deal of preparation and study to remain consistent without falling prey to preset opinions of what makes a good Christian pastor.

If a church of 1000 dwindles to 50 doesn't mean the preaching or pastoral care was bad. If a church of 50 grows to a 1000 doesn't mean it was good.

I think seminary training is vital. But if the person comes out teaching "5 steps to a better marriage" then there money was wasted. They only learned to be a motivational speaker. Not gospel proclaimer.

There is a great deal of bad theology in churches. And a lot egos unwilling to admit to it. They staked their entire ministries they are correct in their interpretations. So much so many have become nondenominational.

Egos lead churches today.

Egos...and a touch of social ignorance, despite the possibility these individuals do in fact have a seminary education.

And I'm not even addressing those churches who have "wanna-be" pastors who basically ordain themselves by the "call of the Spirit," having no formal education and no solid understanding of the Bible, let alone having developed social or psychological skills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My old Baptist preacher wrote an article in which he claims that Seminary the easiest place to backslide.

Back when I started my job every one I knew went to a certain Baptist church. Well, the old country preacher retires and they get one with a doctorate degree. The guy has no people skills now no one I know attends that church. I tend to believe that seminary can be a dangerous place if one looses ones walk with the Lord.

Actually, I imagine that if the Apostle Paul were alive today, and able to travel among the churches of the U.S., for instance, he'd probably roll his eyes and think, "Oh my goodness, Corinth all over again!"

• Winner
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0