Is playing BINGO a sin?

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Merlin said:
No.

Playing bingo is not a sin.

Yes. Playing bingo is a sin.

I'm joking, I actually agree with you, but we need to start providing reasoning.

-----
Gambling (and thus bingo) isn't a sin by default, but can become one if it causes you to violate the two basics: love God, love your fellow inhabitants of this ol' ball of mud. It is remotely possible (in theory) for bingo to lead to to try superstitious divination or good luck ceremonies, which is denouced in the Bible, assumably for being pointless, at the very least. This does happen more than people taking up any form of magic because of fantasy entertainment, actually, so it's probably not as remote a possibility as I initially thought.

So, is gambling a sin? No. Does it provide you with an opportunity to sin? Yes, but so does Christianity (oh, comeon, heard of the KKK, the crusades, witchtrials, or televangelism?). And we're not about to denounce that.

Upvote 0
iloveadam said:
I've been pondering this because I have gone with my mother in law a couple of times to bingo. I really dont see anything bad about it but then again I guess it can be considered a form of gambling....what do you think?
Just one question...the obvious one.

Who CARES?! Its BINGO for crying out loud, you stick little chips on a board for ten bucks.

You gamble by going driving or eating a meal or even getting up in the morning.

Upvote 0