South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:blush:This is a subject that I don't like to share, but if I wish to ovecome my sins, I need to. It has been said that confession is good for the soul, but repentance is even better in my opinion. I repented yet I still make bad choices. Is it because I am weak or getting something out of it? Or is it not a sin and I am over exaggerating things?

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i believe it is a sin
God made human sexuality for procreation and to form a bond between husband and wife, to be made one flesh as it says in the Bible
touching yourself is not procreative and it is not creating an emotional bond between husband and wife
so one it goes agianst what human sexuality was made for
also it focuses the mind on lust

do not feel alone, Jesus is with us always
to be honest, I struggle with this sin as well...
we live in a very very sexual culture so it is hard to avoid these kinda things
thank you for making this thread
God bless you

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe it's a sin as long as you are not giving in with sexual thoughts.

If you are giving into sexual thoughts, then it's a sin. Please don't listen to the Catholics on this one....
please do not listen to the calvinists on this one... :p
just teasing you brother
may I ask why you think it is not a sin?

Upvote 0

Charles Spurgeon

Defender of the faith from heretical teachers
Nov 9, 2010
God's Kingdom
✟703.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
please do not listen to the calvinists on this one... :p
just teasing you brother
may I ask why you think it is not a sin?

Well, there is no specific Biblical prohibition against it....

I do it quite often myself, and though, yes, I have to fight off sexual thoughts, I don't intentionally give in to them... the only time I was actually and truly convicted by the Lord was when I intentionally gave in to sexual thoughts a few months after i was saved back in 2006.... I was horrifically convicted until I truly asked the Lord for His forgiveness....

As for wanting to quit it... I have tried several times, because I was wondering whether or not it was a sin... but it really is almost impossible for a guy to quit.... after a week, the build up is so great, I cannot sleep or function in my daily activities properly.... if I don't do it, then my mind will go to sexual thoughts after a week.

So, based on what I've experienced with the Lord, I believe it's something that can be legitimately done as long as you're not intentionally giving in to lustful thoughts... and it can be done.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do it quite often myself, and though, yes, I have to fight off sexual thoughts, I don't intentionally give in to them... the only time I was actually and truly convicted by the Lord was when I intentionally gave in to sexual thoughts a few months after i was saved back in 2006.... I was horrifically convicted until I truly asked the Lord for His forgiveness....

As for wanting to quit it... I have tried several times, because I was wondering whether or not it was a sin... but it really is almost impossible for a guy to quit.... after a week, the build up is so great, I cannot sleep or function in my daily activities properly.... if I don't do it, then my mind will go to sexual thoughts after a week.

So, based on what I've experienced with the Lord, I believe it's something that can be legitimately done as long as you're not intentionally giving in to lustful thoughts... and it can be done.

:confused: so you have no sexual thoughts when you touch; it's like popping a zit or something...:confused:

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

cimbk

Jan 14, 2012
✟556.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

And you call that freedom? or self control?....you sound like Clinton "I didn't inhale".......I didn't give in to sexual thoughts as if this is a success, all the while your manipulating your flesh to sexual [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].......gotta say you calvinest have alot of really strange interpretations of what purity, and uncleaness is, youthful lust, lovers of themselves, and the list goes on.

but if you really want freedom I tell you it is not only possible its actually very easy, but I don't believe your being truthful about your thought life, you may refrain from sexual thoughts during the act, but I can guarentee your thoughts and daydreams and personal little fantasies throughout the day are completely unrestricted and unbridled........this is why you have no power to stop, the sin already accured, the flesh is just following up what you already set in motion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Charles Spurgeon

Defender of the faith from heretical teachers
Nov 9, 2010
God's Kingdom
✟703.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
And you call that freedom? or self control?....you sound like Clinton "I didn't inhale".......I didn't give in to sexual thoughts as if this is a success, all the while your manipulating your flesh to sexual [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].......gotta say you calvinest have alot of really strange interpretations of what purity, and uncleaness is, youthful lust, lovers of themselves, and the list goes on.

but if you really want freedom I tell you it is not only possible its actually very easy, but I don't believe your being truthful about your thought life, you may refrain from sexual thoughts during the act, but I can guarentee your thoughts and daydreams and personal little fantasies throughout the day are completely unrestricted and unbridled........this is why you have no power to stop, the sin already accured, the flesh is just following up what you already set in motion

Sure...:doh:

I never said I didn't struggle with it... and no I don't have "completely unrestricted and unbridled" sexual thoughts.

And yes, it is completely possible to touch without giving in to sexual thoughts.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

cimbk

Jan 14, 2012
✟556.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

I never said I didn't struggle with it... and no I don't have "completely unrestricted and unbridled" sexual thoughts.

And yes, it is completely possible to touch without giving in to sexual thoughts.
my guess is, you will never be able to stop this addictive sexual behavior because you don't see it as sin, If its not a sin, there's no reason to stop.

This is much the way many of the churches are dealing with homosexuality, calling it not a sin, and those bound with it never get free.........personally I think masturbation is a form of homosexuality,

especially since you don't have sexual thoughts of females during your playing with yourself. your manipulating the male sex organ to a point of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], this is exactly what homosexuals do...........

good luck with that on judgement day, there is a way to be completely free from that, and if the king of masturbation (ME!) can be totally free from that for years, then anyone can get free. but there isn't much hope if you don't see it as sin

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

MrJG

Better to be quiet and not prove anyone's theory
Mar 25, 2009
USA
✟9,689.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Are you married? If not, then you have to think about something. This is where it becomes sin.

If you are married, then you are taking away from your spouse.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrJG

Better to be quiet and not prove anyone's theory
Mar 25, 2009
USA
✟9,689.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every man in the world has to have some type of stimulation. If you are not married, then you must be thinking about something. The logical conclusion is that one is having lustful thoughts about another. This would be the type of thoughts that Jesus was talking about when He said Matthew 5:28.

Upvote 0

Paul1965

Liberal Fundamentalist
Jul 15, 2009
Ohio
✟7,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say yes it is a sin. I believe the lustful thoughts precede masturbation. I think it's impossible to touch without lustful thoughts. This is just another example of our hopeless sinful condition. Thanks to Jesus for washing our sins away!

Reactions: Enahs4Him
Upvote 0

Enahs4Him

Covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2011
U.S.
✟95,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say yes it is a sin. I believe the lustful thoughts precede masturbation. I think it's impossible to touch without lustful thoughts. This is just another example of our hopeless sinful condition. Thanks to Jesus for washing our sins away!

My thoughts exactly Paul. Couldn't agree more. Yes, thank You Jesus for washing our sins away!

Upvote 0

AChristian4Life

Jan 28, 2012
✟256.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think masturbation is a sin because you need to understand the context and environment in which it was written. The ancients were small and needed to re-populate so every sperm (human potential) going to waste was considered murder.

Upvote 0