My Every breath belongs to you.
Aug 24, 2009
South Africa, Cape Town
✟7,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd say no, it alters your state of mind and Christians aren't meant to be drunk, it also has a lot of bad side effects which could harm you through continued use.

Being close with God through prayer and worship etc is a much higher, high than any drug can give, it's also has no bad side effects. I understand it would probably be very difficult to give up but if you ask God to help you, their is no addiction that can't be beaten in my experience.

I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
13. Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,14. or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.
1 Peter 2:13-14

I don't know whether God is against smoking marijuana or not, but there are some definite things I know.

1) Since even being in possession of marijuana is illegal in the U.S., then you shouldn't have it at all - even if God doesn't think it's a big deal. Because He wants you to submit to whatever government He has in place over you. While you should never let a government force you to do something unethical, in a gray area like that - obey the law. (It is legal in other parts of the world)

U.S. Marijuana Laws, Medical Marijuana Facts, Cannabis, Hemp <-- check the laws in your state

2) God gave you one body, and He wants you to take care of it. You should ask your doctor about the other effects of marijuana and see if you feel it would be beneficial for your body. IF it becomes legalized (and only if), and you determine that the benefits outweigh the costs, I don't think it's a big deal. Like cigarettes. It's not a sin to smoke, but it's really bad for your health.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i believe every living plant creature and animal is precious in life, and everything is here for a reason.

man has made marijuana illegal, but i really enjoy it, it soothes my pain away,

is it ok to do this? i just want to do right with god
Of course not! The Bible forbids drug dealing (Revelation 21:8 sorcerers). And circumcision and abstinence of pork... what do you think those were commanded for? It was for your health. God loves the Jews. That is why He commanded them to do these things.

1 Corinthians 10:22-24 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Pray about it and ask Him.

God has blessed us with the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit works in our hearts and often convicts us of the things we should or shouldn't do. You will never be convicted to go against the written Law of God, which is the Bible. But we should avoid things that get in the way of or hurt our relationship with God, and practice things that bring us closer to Him, and this is where the Holy Spirit can really help. So pray about it, and ask God, He will answer you.

Marijuana isn't just a recreational drug, it does have many, many medicinal benefits. However, like any drug you can get at the drugstore or from a doctor, it can have undesired side effects, and it can be abused. If you choose to use marijuana, make sure you use it responsibly.

Upvote 0
S

Steve.Page

jpark - I don't understand your post.

How do you say in one sentence, "God forbids drug dealing" and in the next, "all things are lawful for me?"

And drug dealing and are 2 different things...

The Greek word that was translated sorcery is pharmakois is where we get our word pharmaceutical, so sorcery probably refers to drug use.

I'm not sure the 1 Cor. verse is applicable to smoking pot. Pot is illegal, God says obey the law (Romans 13), obeying the law equals obeying God, nuff said. :thumbsup:

Romans 13

Submission to the Authorities

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Greek word that was translated sorcery is pharmakois is where we get our word pharmaceutical, so sorcery probably refers to drug use.
People have heard enough sermons on this that the connection ends up thrown around very loosely. If you look at the history of some sorcery, substances like rye ergot and mushrooms were used to cause hallucinations, and induce connections with the spirit world.

Some say that it relaxes the mind enough to block out our usual rational anxieties... others say it actually does something. But these substances in themselves do not constitute sorcery. They were used for sorcery purposes.

The easiest way to surmise what God might want, besides digging through scriptures is to start with the premise that He wants you healthy, long-lived, productive, and satisfied with your work and relationships. He wants your life to be a support to others. Anything that hinders this can hinder the clearest, simplest, most efficient life and walk with God.

That can mean too much coffee. Or no coffee at all. (-;

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the laws of our country prohibit something, we should follow those laws. Though I don't think it always works in reverse (ie. God's will doesn't allow everything our laws allow). I'd also be concerned if you start to need or crave it to soothe your pain away. Dependency on any painkiller is very dangerous. That's why drugs should be administered by Doctors. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with the plant itself... and I wouldn't frown upon someone to whom it was legally prescribed and responsibly used. K9 is right though... look to the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
i believe every living plant creature and animal is precious in life, and everything is here for a reason.

You need to sort out for yourself right and wrong.

God is not out here, but "in your hearts, and on your lips".

Context in situations are very complex, as people well know.

Reactions: AoDoA
Upvote 0

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

It is a weakness I have too, I'm on disability because of mental illness and it makes me less depressed.

It is written that we as Christians should uphold the law, and unless you are Dutch, marijuana is illegal in most countries. So in my opinion, even if I have no rights to judge anyone, it is wrong to smoke pot as a Christian.

Upvote 0

AoDoA

Feb 9, 2010
✟1,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is a weakness I have too, I'm on disability because of mental illness and it makes me less depressed.

It is written that we as Christians should uphold the law, and unless you are Dutch, marijuana is illegal in most countries. So in my opinion, even if I have no rights to judge anyone, it is wrong to smoke pot as a Christian.

Marijuana(when properly applied) is in all likelihood the cure for cancer

its a disgrace that its illegal

I wouldn't feel bad if I were you

Upvote 0

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wouldn't feel bad if I were you

The bible tells us that God has written his laws on our hearts, that is our conscience. So it is not a matter of feeling bad, but a matter of doing what the conscience tells us to do, or not do this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AoDoA

Feb 9, 2010
✟1,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible tells us that God has written his laws on our hearts, that is our conscience. So it is not a matter of feeling bad, but a matter of doing what the conscience tells us to do, or not do this.

well if your conscious convicts you then so be it but I don't believe there is anything wrong with Marijuana use myself(and I'm not a regular user)

once in a while I have a couple puffs but I really can't handle more then that

Upvote 0

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
well if your conscious convicts you then so be it but I don't believe there is anything wrong with Marijuana use myself(and I'm not a regular user)

once in a while I have a couple puffs but I really can't handle more then that

I'm 30 and have been smoking half my life, so strictly personal I've seen many things that would make me think that it is something bad. Like a friend of mine going from being a extrovert prankster to evolving into a unrecognizable schizophrenic after he spent a year alone, smoking every day. Where I live "hash-psychosis" is a common term, and it is not something nice at all to experience it. Strictly personal I think it might be bad for the mental health, but I also think that some people, like cancer-patients, could benefit from it. But as a Christian I wouldn't say "nothing wrong" when I know that I myself and most other Christians would look at it as something bad. The bible tells us to not do anything that could make our brothers or sisters fall, so I would never offer cannabis to someone not already using it.

Upvote 0

AoDoA

Feb 9, 2010
✟1,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm 30 and have been smoking half my life, so strictly personal I've seen many things that would make me think that it is something bad. Like a friend of mine going from being a extrovert prankster to evolving into a unrecognizable schizophrenic after he spent a year alone, smoking every day. Where I live "hash-psychosis" is a common term, and it is not something nice at all to experience it. Strictly personal I think it might be bad for the mental health, but I also think that some people, like cancer-patients, could benefit from it. But as a Christian I wouldn't say "nothing wrong" when I know that I myself and most other Christians would look at it as something bad. The bible tells us to not do anything that could make our brothers or sisters fall, so I would never offer cannabis to someone not already using it.

part of the problem is the these super strains which have been developed/bred

hash is also basically an extract

what makes some fall helps others too survive

we are also told not to speak evil of what is for us a good thing(and I'm not saying its a good thing for me and I don't use it often)

its too potent these days for me but I love growing the plant

8829_158529921221_632966221_3224296_2310678_n.jpg

8829_158529926221_632966221_3224297_5955016_n.jpg

its so beautiful

Upvote 0