Is Judicial Watch out to get Hillary Clinton?

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
She has lied, lied, lied, about all of this. She lies so badly, it's insulting.
Yes. And she lies about lying and then lies about lying about lying. And those that support her just look the other way. Or point to Trump.

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judicial Watch harassers the elderly to finance there ultra-right wing agenda:

Reviews from Greatnonprofits,org (and not so great) :

• Concerned for my Parents
    Role: General Member of the Public
    Rating:1stars
    04/08/2013

This is a scam. They do in fact, prey on the elderly. Do not send money, nor let your loved ones be taken in, and taken advantage of, by this horrific "organization". WHY these thieves are not shut down is simply amazing. The elderly, on fixed incomes and vulnerable, are their targets. Have they no shame or conscience?

• Laura Feld
02/24/2013

This group has been hounding my mother with unsolicited letters asking for money. She is 80 years old and has the beginnings of dementia and we just realized she has been sending them checks. I agree with the other reviewers that say they prey on the elderly after seeing their onslaught of mail to my mom. I have written to them and demanded that they remove her name from their contact list immediately. Sadly this is just one of many "organizations" that take advantage of those who are easily influenced

• M Foote
    Role: Donor
    12/13/2012

I am writing on behalf of my father who has been completely scared senseless by Judicial Watch. He has donated perhaps over a thousand dollars of money he cannot afford to spend because he believes JW is exposing corruption. Now that my dad is in assisted living, I see almost daily requests for MORE $ in the mail. These mailings are egregious and inflammatory. Their TOP 20 Worst Criminals list has one token Republican on it - come on!!! I completely agree they are preying on the fears of the elderly. I have repeatedly requested they remove us from their mailing list, and have just discovered they talked my dad into an Automatic Withdrawal from his checking account. I read their own founder sued them for misappropriation of funds - I hope the truth about JW comes out and they are shut down.

• coquie
    09/25/2012

Tom Fitton is a public offense. This is a thinly veiled hate group that preys upon the elderly, low information people, and extreme right wing madness. They are aggressively fighting for voter suppression. This is not a charity, it is a sham. It brings down charity navigator that they are here. I answered that they have a little impact, but not in a positive way.

• dcwagner
    07/03/2012

This organization is a SHAM! They prey on senile, elderly people and appeal to their fear. My mother was suffering from demential and received appeals from this organization about twice per month. We tried repeatedly to get them to take her off a list, but they did not respond. My brother, who lives in the DC area even checked out the address on record, and no such office existed. If this is a real organization, I would love to hear their explanation!

• picture

Karen81
    06/26/2012

This group should not be tax exempt. The headline of their fundraising letter is "Stop Acorn and the Entire Corrupt Obama machine from stealing the 2012 Elections." They are not non-partisan. I see no action against Republicans on their web site. And receiving this letter in an election year when they have never solicited from me before is lobbying. They can speak but contributors don't get a tax break for them lobbying against poor people voting. I don't want to give them even one star but that's the only way I can file these comments!

• Diane Levison
    05/25/2012

How can this organization possibly be viewed as a "charity." I have received innumerable mailings from it, seeking funds to promote the far right agenda, and based on so many irresponsible falsehoods, that to categorize this group as "nonpartisan" is absolutely ridiculou

http://greatnonprofits.org/org/judicial-watch-inc

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of the 26 female hosts and anchors listed on the Fox News website, by our count roughly about half are blond and half are not.

Maria "Money Honey" Barteromo (Rrraawwr) is on FBN, not Fox News, and she's been toning up the blonde highlights over time.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes and then instead of addressing the hillary issues they point to trump
Note to self - check PZ's comments to see if he ever responded to something about the Dumpster by pointing to Hillary.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've commented on that several times already, so I should think that this would have already been answered, but I think the media have a responsibility either to own up to their biases in the fashion of the Daily Kos or some publications on the Right, or else be what journalists were until very recently--investigators in the public interest who would ferret out the facts, expose unethical behavior on the part of public officials where necessary, and deliver all the relevant information to the readers so that they could make their own judgments, especially perhaps when it concerns elections.

Investigative journalism still exists. What individual media outlets feel is worth investigating will depend on their owner and political perspective. This is also true of those that consume their products - a well informed electorate is a noble goal, but, for me at least, well informed can mean listening to a number of different views and making personal evaluations. Blanket statements of general media failure to expose specific alleged unethical behaviour, etc, could perhaps indicate bias in the commentator and a desire to have the media follow suit?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Investigative journalism still exists.
I agree that that's so, but it's more significant that the outlets that have the most readership and viewership (major daily newspapers and the major TV news channels) are no longer among them.

It's not toooo much consolation to know that some publications that few people turn to for their information are doing a good job, while the ones that are no longer making even a pretense of being professional are assumed by many people to still be what they were years ago when standards were high.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Maria "Money Honey" Barteromo (Rrraawwr) is on FBN, not Fox News, and she's been toning up the blonde highlights over time.
Why are you so fixated on the women newscasters and their looks? It's a bit creepy, don't you really think?

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I agree that that's so, but it's more significant that the outlets that have the most readership and viewership (major daily newspapers and the major TV news channels) are no longer among them.

It's not toooo much consolation to know that some publications that few people turn to for their information are doing a good job, while the ones that are no longer making even a pretense of being professional are assumed by many people to still be what they were years ago when standards were high.

At a general level, I find it hard to blame media outlets that once did much more for now doing much less as their income has significantly decreased. Lots of people apparently think they can still get journalism of the same quality level that they used to fund (by buying papers etc) for free on the Internet.

If people as a whole aren't prepared to pay for informed opinion or investigative journalism, I wonder why there is surprise that what we get instead tends to be shoddy opinion.

Free doesn't mean good.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At a general level, I find it hard to blame media outlets that once did much more for now doing much less as their income has significantly decreased. Lots of people apparently think they can still get journalism of the same quality level that they used to fund (by buying papers etc) for free on the Internet.
Personally, I doubt that theory. If one of these were to do some serious work, it would be bombshell stuff that every other news outlet would be talking about for weeks. But as it is, I get phone calls from the NYTimes asking me to subscribe and when I mention that it doesn't have much of a reputation anymore, they actually reply that at least it's well-known! Isn't that pathetic? Isn't that a indicator of the reason revenues are down?

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I doubt that theory. If one of these were to do some serious work, it would be bombshell stuff that every other news outlet would be talking about for weeks. But as it is, I get phone calls from the NYTimes asking me to subscribe and when I mention that it doesn't have much of a reputation anymore, they actually reply that at least it's well-known! Isn't that pathetic? Isn't that a indicator of the reason revenues are down?
If you think they are just taking the money and not doing much, then I guess that's the opinion you'd reach. Here in the UK, we've had publications close, others beg for individual committed reader funding outside the front page price, some try for paywall Internet revenue (and others notable not), many shift to a much more simplistic Internet style of "churnalism".

Investigative journalism isn't a career choice if your media isn't well funded; it becomes an idealogical choice, and I don't believe that is generally useful.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Judicial Watch is a right-wing group for certain. You will never see them go after anyone but the Democrats or moderates. That said, they are not muckrakers. They use legal tactics and the court system.

Correct.

Judicial watch would certainly like to find the goods on Hilary and has no appetite to do the same with republicans.

With that said, they do follow legal means and what they find is what they find. Hilary made this mess, all on her own.

Upvote 0