Is Judicial Watch out to get Hillary Clinton?

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From a News story from the Washington Post:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...l-probe/ar-BBvUo17?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Some news organizations are trying to make it sound like these are "new" emails found by the FBI; when in fact they were disclosed back in 2014.

Judicial Watch filed a suit in May 2015 to have the emails disclosed; which the State Department had released in Dec 2014.

From the story:
"Justice Department lawyers said last week that the State Department would review and turn over Clinton’s work-related emails to a conservative legal group. The records are among “tens of thousands” of documents found by the FBI in its probe and turned over to the State Department, Justice Department attorney Lisa Ann Olson said Monday in court."

Lawyers for the State Department and Judicial Watch, the legal group, are negotiating a plan for the release of the emails in a civil public records lawsuit before U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg of Washington.

Reactions: Hank77

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Judicial Watch is a right-wing group for certain. You will never see them go after anyone but the Democrats or moderates. That said, they are not muckrakers. They use legal tactics and the court system.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judicial Watch is a right-wing group for certain. You will never see them go after anyone but the Democrats or moderates. That said, they are not muckrakers. They use legal tactics and the court system.

Cow; I just noticed you have almost the same number of post to CF; 14,990; as the number of email messages that was turned up last week! Are you sure your not a Clinton plant for her at CF; to spin the stories against her on the news? Ha!:p

That's about how some of these Clinton conspiracy theory spin doctors; stories sound; totally imaginary.:rolleyes: And the right-wing has used the law and courts before for political purposes; like the 2004 election and the SCOTUS.

And; no I'm not a left-wing spinster for Hillary; I voted for Bernie. :(

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cow; I just noticed you have almost the same number of post to CF; 14,990; as the number of email messages that was turned up last week! Are you sure your not a Clinton plant for her at CF; to spin the stories against her on the news? Ha!:p

That's about how some of these Clinton conspiracy theory spin doctors; stories sound; totally imaginary.:rolleyes: And the right-wing has used the law and courts before for political purposes; like the 2004 election and the SCOTUS.

And; no I'm not a left-wing spinster for Hillary; I voted for Bernie. :(
Actually, I am retired Illuminati. Yes, Oswald acted alone.:cool:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is Judicial Watch out to shine a light on Clinton's doings?

Gosh, I hope so! Someone needs to act responsibly in this situation when all the media that campaigned every day for Richard Nixon to be brought to justice for much lesser things have given Hillary a pass on all her crimes. They even played up the frequency with which other presidents and presidential candidates held press conferences, but today, Obama rarely does that and Clinton has just gone into hiding.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Judicial Watch out to shine a light on Clinton's doings?

Gosh, I hope so! Someone needs to act responsibly in this situation when all the media that campaigned every day for Richard Nixon to be brought to justice for much lesser things have given Hillary a pass on all her crimes. They even played up the frequency with which other presidents and presidential candidates held press conferences, but today, Obama rarely does that and Clinton has just gone into hiding.

Al; I'm pretty sure most if not all; of the media/news reporters that did in Tricky Dickey; are all retired, died, or bankrupt by now.
And if it's not the media (there is a right-wing media) that is behind this shrill, get Hillary, campaign then it must be the opposition; and her crimes are only crimes; if you think that high public office should be run like a sunday school; the enemies of the US are not handy-capped by any such disillusions.

What I would like to see is; a left-wing social justice organization get it's hands on; Trumps private emails/or paper memos; from the last 10 years.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Al; I'm pretty sure most if not all; of the media/news reporters that did in Tricky Dickey; are all retired, died, or bankrupt by now.

The New York Times, Washington Post, NBC, etc. etc. certainly did exist in the 1960s and 70s.

Anyway, my comment was to show how much journalism has changed. Like it or not, journalists were investigative then and saw public corruption as something to be exposed. Now they are co-workers with the criminals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but that comment was to show how much journalism has changed. Like it or not, journalists were investigative then and saw public corruption as something to be exposed. Now they are co-workers with the criminals.
Journalism certainly has changed, but when you realize that nothing happens even when corruption is exposed, what difference does it make?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Journalism certainly has changed, but when you realize that nothing happens even when corruption is exposed, what difference does it make?
The "difference" it makes is that the influence of the media, once considered impartial and investigative, is now part of the campaign of one of the parties as its propaganda arm. It actively covers up criminality and official corruption instead of exposing it.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "difference" it makes is that the influence of the media, once considered impartial and investigative, is now part of the campaign of one of the parties as its propaganda arm. It actively covers up criminality and official corruption instead of exposing it.
Ok, so it's a difference that doesn't make any difference.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Really, any organization that keeps Hillary's shenanigan's in the spotlight so as to show proof of how corrupt her behaviors were in lesser posts is a great thing.

She'll never be held legally accountable for her behaviors and failures in office. Following orders or not she'll never answer for her corrupt immoral behavior. But if she wins the office with all that's coming out even in trickles about her untrustworthiness and dishonor as SOS , the next obvious fact behind that will be that despite all her unfitness and unworthiness of trust in matters of national security, none of that will matter to the electorate , the citizens, that let her into the White house.

Hillary betrays America as a matter of practice. If she is elected President partisanism will have betrayed America as a matter of tradition.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's cute when people go all nostalgic over the days of "real journalism". They weren't all Cronkites and Woodward and Bernstein.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, nostalgia over the noble days of impartial media, impervious to the influence of ratings, sales and advertising. It's so cute.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's cute when people go all nostalgic over the days of "real journalism". They weren't all Cronkites and Woodward and Bernstein.

They definitely weren't. There is a Billy Wilder movie from 1951 called "Ace in the hole" with Kirk Douglas; about a cynical newspaper reporter that uses the accidental trapping of a man in a cave; looking for ancient Indian artifacts; to help further his career; and that of a local sheriff; up for election.

This might just be a movie; but when I watched it just the other day on TCM; it was like looking at the modern media "carnival" (in fact they re-titled it "The Big Carnival") and all it's mostly manufactured hoopla.

It's a pretty good movie; despite the tawdry side story with the trapped man's wife; but maybe that does make it more like the modern real thing. Here is a link about it at Wiki and a ruff but free version on Youtube; I post this as a historical look at the media; thru one of the media's side show's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_in_the_Hole_(1951_film)

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

What do you think this uniform entity called "the media" should have said/done/not done/etc instead of the things you allege?

Bonus points for explaining how that would make them "considered impartial".

Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0