Is Judas the antichrist?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A common theory among Christians is that the antichrist in the future, the beast of revelation, will be the reincarnation of Judas. Some verses used to support this is that both are called the son of peridition, and the antichrist (a world leader) will come out of the bottomless pit.

The fact that they are both called the son of peridition may very well be a coincidence, but there are other similarities. Judas went to hell according to Jesus (Jesus says he went to his own place), and the Beast will come out of the bottomless pit.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: psalms 91

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A common theory among Christians is that the antichrist in the future, the beast of revelation, will be the reincarnation of Judas.

Common? Got a link to a book or something that discusses this in depth?

But, the answer is that the antichrist is not a reincarnation of Judas.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I have redlected on what the antichrist is and the matter of the beast, and I think it will be the least expected, otherwise how will so many be decieved. I am always interested in this part of scripture, but a lot of people who get into it tend to go off the deep end.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Saints , Is Judas the Antichrist? ; Answer Judas , Hebrew JUDAH , From Ιουδας (Ioudas), the Greek form of JUDAH. Judas Iscariot is the apostle who betrays Jesus in the New Testament.
By his actions was in fact an Anti-Christ , which means what ? Perdition , per·di·tion
pərˈdiSHən/Submit noun (in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death.
synonyms: damnation, eternal punishment; More

Antichrists are almost limitless , & have been around since the early first century .

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard that the anti-messiah is coming, even now many anti-messiahs have come. This is how we know that it is the last hour.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have stayed with us – but in order that it might be made manifest that none of them were of us.

1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that יהושע Messiah has come in the flesh is not of Elohim. And this is the spirit of the anti-messiah which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world.
1Jn 4:4 You are of Elohim, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.1 Footnote: 1See Messiah in you in Explanatory Notes.
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world, therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of Elohim – the one knowing Elohim hears us. He who is not of Elohim does not hear us. By this we know the Spirit of the Truth and the spirit of the delusion.

2Jn 1:6 And this is the love, that we walk according to His commands.1 This is the command, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. Footnote: 1See 1 John 5:3, and John 14:15.
2Jn 1:7 Because many who are leading astray went out into the world who do not confess יהושע Messiah as coming in the flesh. This one is he who is leading astray and the anti-messiah.
2Jn 1:8 See to yourselves, that we do not lose what we worked for, but that we might receive a complete reward. (ISR)
These Scripture should give you a firm foundation of who are ANTI MESSIAH . That simple .
Blessings to you & all in your care .

The servant ron .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I will answer your question. But first, I want to know why you think Judas will not be the future antichrist.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will answer your question. But first, I want to know why you think Judas will not be the future antichrist.

Read what ron4shua said. I agree with him completely. The Antichrist will not be a villain. He will be a savior....for a while. He will be a competent version of Obama--handsome, articulate, non-threatening, non-divisive, promising great things and delivering on his promises. It will be easy to love and follow him. It won't be Judas or Dr Doom or Ming the Merciless or Kim Jung Un.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reincarnation is a concept of a completely different religious tradition and has never been associated with anything in Christianity. That being the case, why would anyone entertain the idea that it would suddenly pop up just to allow Judas to further sully his already black reputation. Added to this is the biblical portrayal of Judas as being so ashamed of his actions that he commits suicide. Why would a reincarnated Judas( as non - christian as that concept is) be the anti Christ if the original one had a conscience that drove some of his actions? Judas betrayed the Messiah , he did not even attempt to make himself a false Messiah. From what we read of Judas in the Gospels , he does not seem to have the sort of charismatic personality that would be necessary to begin to make that attempt.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know of any scripture that can be twisted to make Judas come back from the dead to deceive the world.

It's interesting the beliefs denominations have in common. They are not necessarily true, especially the interpretations of end time prophecies. Many interpret Daniel's depiction of the beast to be Russia, USA, Europe, etc., and expect the antichrist to be a world leader, but I have a different take I just can't seem to shake.

I think the antichrist will come from among us. He's not a world leader but a church leader, the leader of world wide Christianity. His seat is in the temple from where he will show himself as God with lying signs and wonders. He will exercise authority over the church, and over the truth of the gospel. In his day, people will need his authority, his mark, in order to share the gospel of Christ as he approves. It's about war against the saints and against the true church. It's Satan's final stand before eternal torment.

In those days chaos will reign, calamity and destruction on every side, fear and terror is the climate out of which the antichrist will arise. With all mankind desperate for an answer, he will be there to say God is here.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Saints , Brother & Sisters , could it be true the anti-Christs , spirit of antichrist be in the professing Christian folks around us ? If that's true , is it possible that could be why their so difficult to " SEE "? Is this possible be , " a word from The SWORD of his mouth ."?

Psalm 17:13 Arise, O יהוה, Confront him, cause him to bend; Deliver my being from the wrong by Your sword,
Psa 17:14 From men by Your hand, O יהוה, From men of the world whose portion is in this life, And You fill their bellies with Your treasure, They are satisfied with children, And shall leave their riches to their babes.
Psa 17:15 As for me, let Me see Your face in righteousness; I am satisfied to see Your appearance when I awake.

John 17:13 “And now I come to You. And I speak these words in the world, so that they have My joy completed in them.
Joh 17:14 “I have given them Your Word, and the world hated them because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the wicked one.
Joh 17:16 “They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 “Set them apart in Your truth – Your Word is truth.1 Footnote: 1See Ps. 119:142, 151.

Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of Elohim is revealed from belief to belief, as it has been written, “But the righteous shall live by belief.”1 Footnote: 1Hab. 2:4.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of Elohim is revealed from heaven against all wickedness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Rom 1:19 because that which is known of Elohim is manifest among them, for Elohim has manifested it to them.
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible qualities have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, both His everlasting power and Mightiness, for them to be without excuse,
Rom 1:21 because, although they knew Elohim, they did not esteem Him as Elohim, nor gave thanks, but became vain in their reasonings, and their undiscerning heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

2 Peter 2:17 These are fountains without water, clouds driven by a storm, to whom the blackest darkness is kept forever.
2Pe 2:18 For speaking arrogant nonsense, they entice – through the lusts of the flesh, through indecencies – the ones who have indeed escaped from those living in delusion,
2Pe 2:19 promising them freedom, though themselves being slaves of corruption – for one is a slave to whatever overcomes him.
2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.
2Pe 2:21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the set-apart command1 delivered unto them. Footnote: 1The singular “command” often means “commands” – see 1 Tim. 6:14, Dt. 17:20, Ps. 19:8.
2Pe 2:22 For them the proverb has proved true, “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “A washed sow returns to her rolling in the mud.”

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of Elohim: Every spirit that confesses that יהושע Messiah has come in the flesh is of Elohim,
1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that יהושע Messiah has come in the flesh is not of Elohim. And this is the spirit of the anti-messiah which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world.
1Jn 4:4 You are of Elohim, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.1 Footnote: 1See Messiah in you in Explanatory Notes.
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world, therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of Elohim – the one knowing Elohim hears us. He who is not of Elohim does not hear us. By this we know the Spirit of the Truth and the spirit of the delusion.
1Jn 4:7 Beloved ones, let us love one another, because love is of Elohim, and everyone who loves has been born of Elohim, and knows Elohim.

May I add just a few words ;

Isa 28:7 And these too have gone astray through wine, and through strong drink wandered about. Priest and prophet have gone astray through strong drink, they are swallowed up by wine, they wander about through strong drink, they go astray in vision, they stumble in right-ruling.
Isa 28:8 For all tables shall be covered with vomit, no place without filth.
Isa 28:9 Whom would He teach knowledge? And whom would He make to understand the message? Those weaned from milk, those taken from the breasts!
Isa 28:10 For it is: command upon command, command upon command, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.
Isa 28:11 For with a jabbering lip and a foreign tongue He speaks to this people,
Isa 28:12 to whom He said, “This is the rest, give rest to the weary,” and, “This is the refreshing.” But they would not hear.
Isa 28:13 But the Word of יהוה was to them, “Command upon command, command upon command, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little,” so that they go and shall stumble backward, and be broken and snared and taken captive.
Isa 28:14 Therefore hear the Word of יהוה, you men of scorn, who rule this people who are in Yerushalayim,
Isa 28:15 because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and with the grave we have effected a vision. When the overflowing scourge passes through, it does not come to us, for we have made lying our refuge, and under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.”
Isa 28:16 Therefore thus said the Master יהוה, “See, I am laying in Tsiyon a stone for a foundation, a tried stone, a precious corner-stone, a settled foundation. He who trusts shall not hasten away.
(ISR)

The servant ron .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't know of any scripture that can be twisted to make Judas come back from the dead to deceive the world.

It's interesting the beliefs denominations have in common. They are not necessarily true, especially the interpretations of end time prophecies. Many interpret Daniel's depiction of the beast to be Russia, USA, Europe, etc., and expect the antichrist to be a world leader, but I have a different take I just can't seem to shake.

I think the antichrist will come from among us. He's not a world leader but a church leader, the leader of world wide Christianity. His seat is in the temple from where he will show himself as God with lying signs and wonders. He will exercise authority over the church, and over the truth of the gospel. In his day, people will need his authority, his mark, in order to share the gospel of Christ as he approves. It's about war against the saints and against the true church. It's Satan's final stand before eternal torment.

In those days chaos will reign, calamity and destruction on every side, fear and terror is the climate out of which the antichrist will arise. With all mankind desperate for an answer, he will be there to say God is here.

This makes sense to a large degree. I believe somthing along those lines with not quite so much detail.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read what ron4shua said. I agree with him completely. The Antichrist will not be a villain. He will be a savior....for a while. He will be a competent version of Obama--handsome, articulate, non-threatening, non-divisive, promising great things and delivering on his promises. It will be easy to love and follow him. It won't be Judas or Dr Doom or Ming the Merciless or Kim Jung Un.

How does that prove that he will not be the reincarnation of Judas?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reincarnation is a concept of a completely different religious tradition and has never been associated with anything in Christianity. That being the case, why would anyone entertain the idea that it would suddenly pop up just to allow Judas to further sully his already black reputation. Added to this is the biblical portrayal of Judas as being so ashamed of his actions that he commits suicide. Why would a reincarnated Judas( as non - christian as that concept is) be the anti Christ if the original one had a conscience that drove some of his actions? Judas betrayed the Messiah , he did not even attempt to make himself a false Messiah. From what we read of Judas in the Gospels , he does not seem to have the sort of charismatic personality that would be necessary to begin to make that attempt.

Why did Judas go to hell if he felt sorry for his actions of betraying Jesus?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does that prove that he will not be the reincarnation of Judas?

It doesn't prove anything. But, the Antichrist is described in the bible as a man who people willingly follow and brings peace, etc, etc. Judas is well-known as a man of treachery. He is so well-known that his name is synonymous with treachery.

Of course, if you are talking about Judas being reincarnated as someone else, then you have completely left the realm of Christianity altogether and you should ask Buddhists about that, since that is their belief system.

What is your proof that the Antichrist will be a reincarnation of Judas?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did Judas go to hell if he felt sorry for his actions of betraying Jesus?

His actions of "feeling sorry" was giving the money back. Where is salvation found in the bible by taking back your actions by only giving back your gains?

"Feeling sorry" is not repentance, or asking for forgiveness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't prove anything. But, the Antichrist is described in the bible as a man who people willingly follow and brings peace, etc, etc. Judas is well-known as a man of treachery. He is so well-known that his name is synonymous with treachery.

Of course, if you are talking about Judas being reincarnated as someone else, then you have completely left the realm of Christianity altogether and you should ask Buddhists about that, since that is their belief system.

What is your proof that the Antichrist will be a reincarnation of Judas?

AW Pink is a respected christian author, and he believed it.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rom. 6:Rom 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves servants for obedience, you are servants of the one whom you obey, whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But thanks to Elohim that you were servants of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of teaching to which you were entrusted.
Rom 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak as a man, because of the weakness of your flesh. For even as you did present your members as servants of uncleanness, and of lawlessness resulting in lawlessness, so now present your members as servants of righteousness resulting in set-apartness.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sins, through the Torah, were working in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Torah, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in newness of Spirit and not in oldness of letter.

Rom 8:2 For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah יהושע has set me free from the law of sin and of death.
Rom 8:3 For the Torah being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, Elohim, having His own Son in the likeness of flesh of sin, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4 so that the righteousness of the Torah should be completed in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the matters of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the matters of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself1 to the Torah of Elohim2, neither indeed is it able, Footnotes: 1Or does not obey. 2John 15:5, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 5:18.
Rom 8:8 and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.

2Pe 2:17 These are fountains without water, clouds driven by a storm, to whom the blackest darkness is kept forever.
2Pe 2:18 For speaking arrogant nonsense, they entice – through the lusts of the flesh, through indecencies – the ones who have indeed escaped from those living in delusion,
2Pe 2:19 promising them freedom, though themselves being slaves of corruption – for one is a slave to whatever overcomes him.
2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.

1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world nor that which is in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.1 Footnote: 1Jm. 4:4.
1Jn 2:16 Because all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – is not of the Father but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but the one doing the desire of Elohim remains forever.
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard that the anti-messiah is coming, even now many anti-messiahs have come. This is how we know that it is the last hour.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have stayed with us – but in order that it might be made manifest that none of them were of us.
1Jn 2:20 And you have an anointing from the Set-apart One, and you know all.
1Jn 2:21 I did not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no falsehood is of the truth.

Gal 3:2 This only I wish to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of Torah, or by the hearing of belief?
Gal 3:3 Are you so senseless? Having begun in the Spirit, do you now end in the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have you suffered so much in vain – if indeed in vain?
Gal 3:5 Is He, then, who is supplying the Spirit to you and working miracles among you, doing it by works of Torah, or by hearing of belief?

Gal 6:7 Do not be led astray: Elohim is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he shall also reap.
Gal 6:8 Because he who sows to his own flesh shall reap corruption from the flesh, but he who sows to the Spirit shall reap everlasting life from the Spirit.

Heb 9:8 the Set-apart Spirit signifying this, that the way into the Most Set-apart Place was not yet made manifest while the first Tent has a standing,
Heb 9:9 which was a parable for the present time in which both gifts and slaughters are offered which are unable to perfect the one serving, as to his conscience,
Heb 9:10 only as to foods and drinks, and different washings, and fleshly regulations imposed until a time of setting matters straight.
Heb 9:11 But Messiah, having become a High Priest of the coming good matters, through the greater and more perfect Tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation,
Heb 9:12 entered into the Most Set-apart Place once for all, not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood, having obtained everlasting redemption.

1Co 1:26 For look at your calling, brothers, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble.
1Co 1:27 But Elohim has chosen the foolish matters of the world to put to shame the wise, and Elohim has chosen the weak of the world to put to shame the strong.

Co 10:2 But I pray, that when I am present, I might not be bold with that bravery by which I think to be bold against some who reckon us as if we walked according to the flesh.
2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not fight according to the flesh.
2Co 10:4 For the weapons we fight with are not fleshly but mighty in Elohim for overthrowing strongholds,
2Co 10:5 overthrowing reasonings and every high matter that exalts itself against the knowledge of Elohim, taking captive every thought to make it obedient to the Messiah,
2Co 10:6 and being ready to punish all disobedience, when your obedience is complete.
(ISR)

HalleluYAH .

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AW Pink is a respected christian author, and he believed it.

From A. W Pink "The Antichrist"

Excerpt from chapter entitled "The Antichrist Will Be Judas Reincarnated"

"The relation of Antichrist to Israel will be precisely the same as that of Judas to Christ of old. He will pose as the friend of the Jews, but later he will come out in his true character. "

This is the only mention of Judas as the Antichrist in his book on the Antichrist, and it just says that the Antichrist will betray "AS" Judas did. He does not say that the Antichrist will be an actual reincarnation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A common theory among Christians is that the antichrist in the future, the beast of revelation, will be the reincarnation of Judas. Some verses used to support this is that both are called the son of peridition, and the antichrist (a world leader) will come out of the bottomless pit.

The fact that they are both called the son of peridition may very well be a coincidence, but there are other similarities. Judas went to hell according to Jesus (Jesus says he went to his own place), and the Beast will come out of the bottomless pit.

Any thoughts?

no ..and in 40 years iv never meet anyone that remotely thinks that ,so it cant be very common.

Upvote 0