Discussion Is Jesus the archangel Michael ?

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No. This seems to be a belief that is exclusive to so called "Jehovah's Witnesses" but it has absolutely no basis in the Bible or in Christian history. Not even the worst heretics went this far but it is an attempt to try and substantiate their false doctrines.

From a Christian perspective (not the non-Christian Jehovah's witnesses perspective) this is impossible. Jesus is Lord and in Jude 1:9, it says the Archangel Michael said to Satan, "The Lord rebuke you." If the Archangel Michael was Jesus then he would be the Lord, and he would not call upon the Lord to rebuke Satan.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The logic goes that if Micheal is the archangel over Israel, then that must also identify him as the Lord (Jesus).
Don't remember all the specifics, this is my recall from debates I had with JWs back in the 70s.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The JWs use Daniel as their basis. The setting with Gabriel, Michael and is it the Holy One? I have forgotten, and will check. Anyway Jesus is called the "Holy One" in the Gospel. Jesus' presence fills the universe according to Hebrews. Jesus' presence in our hearts by request is salvation. Jesus's raised Himself from the dead according to John ch 2, against the power of all dark angels and evil spirits, not Lucifer alone.

The JWs write that through him God created all "other" things in their Bible, but changed it now that they believe THE Archangel is an exception and is a non created, self existent angel.

Jesus is called in Isaiah, wonderful counselor, Father of eternity, Prince of peace. And "Son", in Hebrew it is written that no angel will ever be called Son. Jesus is called Son in Matthew when he is baptized.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need kind explanation Is Jesus the archangel Michael ?

No, apart from anything else, why would he have been called Jesus if he was Michael?

The Gospels tell us who Jesus was - Christ, the Son of God, born to save people from their sins, Matthew 1:21; the word who was God and who became flesh, John 1:1-2,14.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
usa
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Book of John, Chapter 1
verse 1, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
verse 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Hebrews
Chapter 1
2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Also, when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, God declared this is my only begotten son. God does not have any other sons. When we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are then identified as sons and daughters of God by adoption. However, Jesus is the one true Son from God the Father.

I hope this answers your queston.

Upvote 0