Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking is Jesus just a teacher or a savior?

According to Titus 2:11-14, our salvation involves being saved from the penalty of our sins by Messiah giving himself to redeem us from all lawlessness, but it also involves being saved from continuing to sin by being trained by grace to do what God has revealed to be godly, righteous, and good, and training us to renounce doing what He has revealed to be ungodly and sinful, so in part Jesus is our savior from sin by teaching us to refrain from sin.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 9:6

When Jesus walked the earth, He was called Rabbi (teacher)and yet also a Servant in order to teach us (washing the feet of His disciples). Later when He died on the cross for us, He became our Saviour, and in the heavens to the earth He is our King.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If He is not Saviour, then He was the worst teacher the world has ever known. He taught that He is the Son of God and there is no other way to Heaven but through himself. He taught that He was the sacrifice "This is my body, this is my blood". He taught His resurrection.

If He is not Saviour, He is the most abominable liar and megalomaniac and He taught heresy.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is a teacher who proclaimed the words that can save.

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

:)
I disagree, it is not the words that save- but the Word that saves, there is a difference.

If Jesus is not the Saviour, then He is a monster. He can not be a good teacher without being the Saviour as well.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, it is not the words that save- but the Word that saves, there is a difference.

If Jesus is not the Saviour, then He is a monster. He can not be a good teacher without being the Saviour as well.

It was a partial quote in the verse that he gave and that is what Jesus said. :) I know what you mean and how easy that can have a different meaning. Thanks for pointing that out. :angel:

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was a partial quote in the verse that he gave and that is what Jesus said. :) I know what you mean and how easy that can have a different meaning. Thanks for pointing that out. :angel:
I was not intending to be contentious, it just seems that there is a dangerous slope, here. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was not intending to be contentious, it just seems that there is a dangerous slope, here. :)

Oh, I agree with you. There are tons of things said on here everyday that are somehow twisted or misconstrued. It's why I thanked you for pointing that out for others that may see the same as you just did. :angel:

• Friendly
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I agree with you. There are tons of things said on here everyday that are somehow twisted or misconstrued. It's why I thanked you for pointing that out for others that may see the same as you just did. :angel:
Thank you, I have been a little bossy lately. And was not sure if I were out of bounds. :)

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, I have been a little bossy lately. And was not sure if I were out of bounds. :)

It's quite alright. I get like that too sometimes. We're all imperfect.

Upvote 0