Is it wrong to support non-Catholic Ministries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
If it inspires you then yes do it! I support Air1.com because I believe we need more inspiring music options out there. As long as you do not support anti-chatholic or christian organizations or political parties and candidates and such.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As long as you know the charity is good it is ok. I donate to Coptic Orphans, a charity that helps young Coptic children in Egypt. It is not a Catholic group. I also help out Catholic Charities.

It is important to make sure that even if a charity has Catholic in it's name it is really a Catholic charity. In general the Catholic Charity groups keep a good eyes on this.

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
cairaiii said:
I am thinking about making a donation to the Inspiration Ministries (from the INSP channel, it comes on after EWTN ends on my cable).

I was just wondering if it would be a sin if I made a donation.
It would be a perfectly good idea! This time I think SaintGeorges answer is as good as any I could give; I thought of the same, when reading Your question... What You want to support is on Gods side - that's what matters...

Upvote 0

Markh

Extra Mariam Nulla Salus
Dec 12, 2003
London
Visit site
✟19,044.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it is a good idea to fund anything which spreads errors about Jesus Christ and His Church- in fact, it might well be a mortal sin.

Because where would the line stop if the principle of funding heretical organisations is allowed?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.