Private
mhatten said:
How did I contradict myself?

What in God's name is XD?

You said that abuse didn't mean what I said, then you posted this:

to put to a wrong or improper use

and

deviating from the normal or average : UNUSUAL

abnormally use and improperly use, unusual, same thing, different words.

and XD is just an emoticon... X eyes squinted shut D mouth laughing, "XD" just tilt yer head :p

You know... I was just looking at dictionary.reference.com to see what this site said about the word "abuse" and this popped up...

you can even check it out if you want XD

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=abuse

Also another word to describe masturbation, vulgar.

But anyways, like I said, I'm sone with this conversation, I'll leave it up to your own conscience^^

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
BrotherAtArms said:

As an idiom. And it's not saying that "vulgar" is another word for it, its saying that such use of the word is vulgar.

Vulgar idions are hardly a constructive way of indentifying something.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
BrotherAtArms said:
You said that abuse didn't mean what I said, then you posted this:

and

abnormally use and improperly use, unusual, same thing, different words.

abnormal and abuse are not the same thing.

[

You know... I was just looking at dictionary.reference.com to see what this site said about the word "abuse" and this popped up...

But anyways, like I said, I'm sone with this conversation, I'll leave it up to your own conscience^^

Your link doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BrotherAtArms said:
I didn't say it was self abuse, I said it was abuse of the ability to open this gift before marriage.

*Sigh* don't make me repeat myself....

Make sure you read everything I've said in the past 2 pages.

Now I have already said I'm done with this topic, I don't like haveing to post again because of what I've said is being taken out of context....

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
BrotherAtArms said:
*Sigh* don't make me repeat myself....

Make sure you read everything I've said in the past 2 pages.

Now I have already said I'm done with this topic, I don't like haveing to post again because of what I've said is being taken out of context....
Earlier, but I found your post misleading.

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well God has given us all a conscience, and I've used mine and it says masturbation is wrong, especially in my studies in the Bible about it.

Use yours and do what you will, I'm not here to judge.
If you think it's normal and is something Jesus would do to play with yourself, go for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
BrotherAtArms said:
Well God has given us all a conscience, and I've used mine and it says masturbation is wrong, especially in my studies in the Bible about it.

Use yours and do what you will, I'm not here to judge.
If you think it's normal and is something Jesus would do to play with yourself, go for it.

Now there is an interesting theological question did Jesus mastrubate since he was fully human, he must have had sexual desire.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BrotherAtArms said:
Sex is a wedding present, it is only to be opened after you get married, but it is spoiled if you open it up before marriage.

Just what do you mean by "sex"? Do you mean sexual relations between a man and a woman? Agreed, that is a "present to be opened after you get married."

But sexuality, the awareness of one's gender and enjoyment of same is not a gift that waits until marriage. It is a gift one slowly opens as one matures.

You see mastrubation as a perversion of sex between a man and a woman. I see mastrubation as an enjoyment of one's God given sexuality.

Upvote 0

sally.b

Feb 7, 2004
Sydney
✟16,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
justcallmejamie said:
what if you fantasize about your own spouse?

The quote I gave in post 180 covers this,

It is ok as long as your not depriving the other

bible] AMP: 1 Cor 7,

5 Do not refuse and deprive and defraud each other [of your due marital rights], except perhaps by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves unhindered to prayer. But afterwards resume marital relations, lest Satan tempt you [to sin] through your lack of restraint of sexual desire.

6 But I am saying this more as a matter of permission and concession, not as a command or regulation.[/bible]

Upvote 0

sally.b

Feb 7, 2004
Sydney
✟16,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BrotherAtArms said:
Sex is a wedding present, it is only to be opened after you get married, but it is spoiled if you open it up before marriage.
Not just the sexual act, itself, but the feeling that is meant to be shared with only your spouse.

HUH ??? This doesnt even begin to make sense,
Ive known of people who have inadvertantly experienced [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] before they ever had sex or masturbation.

What happens to them then ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sally.b

Feb 7, 2004
Sydney
✟16,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sally.b said:
From what I understand from reading peoples views and experiences here on this thread, it seems that for some it is not about the thought process more that the "release" comes from the need for the release.
Also for some it is not about love sex or lust.

I have learnt alot from this thread and it has opened my eyes more.

I think its become clear that lust is not appropriate in masturbation.

Nor the excessive use of masturbation.

It is also not appropriate in marriage if it is denying the other partner.

[BIBLE] AMP: 1 Cor 7,

5 Do not refuse and deprive and defraud each other [of your due marital rights], except perhaps by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves unhindered to prayer. But afterwards resume marital relations, lest Satan tempt you [to sin] through your lack of restraint of sexual desire.

6 But I am saying this more as a matter of permission and concession, not as a command or regulation.[/BIBLE]

These links given a few pages back seemed to give a very honest and open view I got alot out of these ;

http://www.themarriagebed.com/pages/bible/app/masturbation/masturbationnotcalledsin.shtml

http://www.themarriagebed.com/pages/bible/app/masturbation/mastdiscuss.shtml

http://www.themarriagebed.com/pages/bible/app/masturbation/mastsin.shtml

I have to add that God does not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear and provides a way out.
(Sorry I dont have the bible ref at hand)

I know a Christian guy in his 40's who is still a virgin and has always wanted to be married.

.....Where is Gods way out for him ?

I also know a young Christian male who has been married for four years and never consumated the marriage yet because his wife has issues from her childhood.

.....Likewise where is Gods way out for him ?

Just some food for thought !!! :idea:

GOD BLESS !

HEY !!! No one gave me feed back from my questions about the two men in the post quoted above.:cry:

Is this in the two hard basket ?? :confused:

I dont believe everyone missed this !! :doh:

Upvote 0

micknick

Nov 9, 2005
✟7,740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
you're expanding what the bible says- it doesn't say the bit about a way out only that he will not tempt us with things we can't resist. God's answer to those men is the same his answer to homosexuals- that they will have to live celibate lives including abstinence from masturbation.

Upvote 0

sally.b

Feb 7, 2004
Sydney
✟16,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
micknick said:
you're expanding what the bible says- it doesn't say the bit about a way out only that he will not tempt us with things we can't resist. God's answer to those men is the same his answer to homosexuals- that they will have to live celibate lives including abstinence from masturbation.

Sorry mick, I should have quoted the verse, but i lost two long posts trying to get the links I needed for my post so i gave up with details by the end. :sigh:

I'll use the AMP to expand it better ...

1 Corinthians 10:12-14
12Therefore let anyone who thinks he stands [who feels sure that he has a steadfast mind and is standing firm], take heed lest he fall [into sin].

13For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.

14Therefore, my dearly beloved, shun (keep clear away from, avoid by flight if need be) any sort of idolatry (of loving or venerating anything more than God).

Here it is in its context in the NIV to keep it simple;

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2010;&version=31;

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sally.b said:
HUH ??? This doesnt even begin to make sense,
Ive known of people who have inadvertantly experienced [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] before they ever had sex or masturbation.

What happens to them then ?

Here's some scripture for you to look up, then you'll understand that what I said makes perfect sense when lined up with the Word.

1 Corinthians 7

And one verse to really read from this is 1 Corinthians 7:2.

Talking about it is better not to marry, people mis-understand this because they say, "Then why is it allowed?"

It's because like in Romans 8:6-8, saying you should devote yourself to God. Marriage would hold you back from this, but like in 1 Cor. 7:2 it says, "But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband."

Something you (everyone) should ask themselves is, "Does the way I live keep me from God?"

Like in Rom. 8:7-8, "The sinful mind is hostille to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."
If this is the case with masturbation, I think you should stop.
I was once a person that mastubated, God impressed on me that I should stop, and I knew in my heart it was wrong, so I stopped.

And this thread (In my opinion) is a perfect example of this scripture.

James 4:1
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?

1 Conrinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

1 Cor. is very important to read... notice that it mentions sexually immoral and adulterers in 2 different ways.

Something to think about..

Ok.. for millionth time, I just want to be done with this conversation so stop replying to me ><

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
BrotherAtArms said:
1 Cor. is very important to read... notice that it mentions sexually immoral and adulterers in 2 different ways.

Something to think about..

Ok.. for millionth time, I just want to be done with this conversation so stop replying to me ><

How can you be sexually immoral with yourself when you touch? You can't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.