Is it okay to post negative things about islam on social media?

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

i sometime post videos and other massages talking about how islam is not a religon of peace. or how christians have been attacked etc...

I get accused by some people (my athiest nephew for one) of spreading hatred.
I don't think you'll get punished for that by God, but from a moral standpoint I don't think this feels right! Just let them be! You a pastor? You a Judge Dredd? Leave them be. You're not the one that will punish them for their sins for example.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Leave them be? Our Savior told us to preach the Gospel to all the world.

Leave them be? Don't speak out about how they slaughtered 90,000 Christians last year, tormented countless others, screamed that Jews are monkeys that need to be tossed into the sea, and started shooting those at a New Year's Eve party to kill "pagans"? Etc. etc. etc. etc. Notice how many of such terrorists have had the name of Mohammed.

Uh, are they leaving US alone?

Someone once said that all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

i sometime post videos and other massages talking about how islam is not a religon of peace. or how christians have been attacked etc...

I would tend to agree with your nephew. People make effort to attack the beliefs of others when they should simply be supporting their own beliefs. There isn't really a reason to attack what others believe.

Upvote 0

Geoff m

time served
Dec 25, 2008
✟18,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

negative posts are always going to get an equal reaction, being a Christian is about love and forgiveness

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Love and forgiveness? Muslims are teaching that Allah is causing us to be tolerant so that they can take us over.

Love and forgiveness are great. Always. Blindly letting your enemies literally get away with murder without trying to stop the slaughter isn't "love" to those who are being persecuted.

It isn't love to not tell people the true Gospel, the Gospel that could save them from hell. It's political correctness.

• Agree
Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, I think we can all agree that Islam is not a religion any of us think is the "right" religion for life. I think we can all agree that it is not a religion of peace. But we are off-track... the OP is about posting nasty stuff about them. They take their religion very personally, so attacking the religion is to them, the same as attacking them. I don't think matching their hatred is going to change the course of biblical prophecy. If the Bible prophesied all this, then it is going to happen, whether we are showing the love of Jesus or not, whether we match their hatred or not. Since we cannot stop prophecy, imho, it is better to love my enemy so as to reach even one Muslim person for the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

That is the modern liberal mindset, if you find fault with any of the "holy ones" of the liberal pantheon you are a "hater".
It's a wonderful example of cognitive dissonance. The vast majority of Moslem sects are vicious towards anyone who does not tow their particular line but don't you dare point it out.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It depends. It can be done gracefully and it can be done in a way that is sinful.

The fact you're even asking suggests you at least hope to fall under the former, but realise you may be flirting with the latter. This is a good start.

Ask yourself if what you're doing is to the glory of God. Is what you're doing edifying to yourself or others? Is what you're doing advancing the Kingdom of God?

We can have good motives and sinful execution, that's all I'm saying.

An example of such hypocrisy and sin is a documentary I saw in the US about groups claiming to be fundamentalist Christians and their stance and active demonstration and protest against homosexuality at major events and the like. In principle this is not necessarily wrong... but when one of the protesters used foul language and antagonised a passer-by(that was homosexual), he didn't turn the other cheek, he didn't show grace, he didn't show love, he didn't show mercy, he wasn't forgiving... he let unwholesome words fall from his mouth and at that moment was as damnable as the person he condemned in God's name.

Sin is sin and sometimes standards can slip when we consider our actions to be God's will, to His glory or that the means justify the end.

It's a very fine line we walk but we are, after all, called to be ambassadors of Christ and an example of Christ-likeness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theyownyou

Doubtful Salvation
Dec 6, 2013
✟8,942.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eh, I've some really cooky conservative friends that make posts that contain obviously doctored images detailing how someones post was banned from Facebook for saying something negative about Islam. I don't buy into most of it as the Islamic problem is more of a problem, reaction, solution scenario funded by our government (just read.....well anything). So, I'm not big into thinking the guy at my local middle eastern food mart is conspiring with terrorist like some of my own family. That being said, if you say anything out right inflammatory about anyone it will be removed.

Islam really wouldn't be too much of a threat if western powers refused to fund and arm them for their own purposes. But, oh well.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Valley Gal, you've been listening to the truly wild-eyed left too much.

I know some Muslims who are respectful and decent. But the leadership of Islam is decidedly not. Whether you believe it or not, Islam is determined to conquer all non-Muslims and either force them to accept Islam or kill them. The idea that if 'we' do this, 'they' will do that. If one examines the statement and idea, you'll find it is the same old saw about 'Muslims hate us because we hated them first'. No, it isn't. The Islamic force have been conquering and murdering non-Muslims since Muhammed wrote his book.Actually, you'll be standing before God, answering the question "And you just stood there?"

In fact, I do not post 'mean' things about anyone just for fun. To point out something obscene and murderous is NOT being mean just for fun.
I'm pretty sure God didn't say that to Stephen when he was stoned to death. God would never say anything like that. He honors all who are able to be loyal to him into death because its so easy to do anything ....and I mean ANYTHING to preserve ones own life even if it means killing someone else. God honored Paul ad Stephen's death. Do you honestly think he's gonna say ," And you just stood there?" to those who will be beheaded in revelations? No. That's ignorant on your part.

Upvote 0

TruthSeekerNSF

Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2012
China
✟39,601.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think we should respect each other's thoughts. If our believes are different, let's just simply avoid mention them in converstions and focus on the things we're dealing with together or simply enjoy a happy friendship and play together joyfully. Being stuck at differences among people is the core sin of demon's fruit. Everybody has his/her flaws on their minds, so seeking common ground in relationships is always a correct way to avoid useless conflicts.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on your motivation, how accurately you describe the issue on both sides, and whether you are presenting the truth or making false caricatures or misrepresentations.

The Bible says we are to call out false teachings, but to do so in grace and love.

There will always be those who consider this hatred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Treat others like you want to be treated. Didn't Jesus say something to that effect? If you want Muslims to treat you with respect and also respect your right to choose your religion, why wouldn't you extend that same courtesy to them? If you persecute them, they will persecute you. Expect it. And even if they kill you, you will be able to stand before God at your judgement, knowing that you obeyed the command to treat others the way you want to be treated. It's only right. Do the right thing and love even your enemies. Posting lousy things about them online is not loving them.

One of the primary ways you love others is to love God and to love His truth, and conversely hate that which false or against God's truth. And if you love someone, you will tell them the truth, in grace and mercy, but you do not compromise on the truth or tell someone who is worshiping false idols that their worldview is just a truthful and valid as the one who seeks Jesus Christ.

I am not saying that you are saying that in your comment. I use "you" in a generic sense in my paragraph above.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure God didn't say that to Stephen when he was stoned to death.
I'm sure He didn't as well. Stephen was in a different position, too. Stephen did exactly what Valley Gal criticized; Stephen told the truth and thereby offended the Jewish leaders of the time.

Reading what Valley Gal said, essentially that telling the truth about some religions is 'nasty'. The Jewish leaders found Stephen's teaching and statements to be 'nasty' and they killed him.

Stephen stood his ground in all of this. Stephen was outnumbered and overwhelmed by force. He died true to Christ.

Far Side Of the Moon said:
God would never say anything like that.
Sure He would. Perhaps not in all cases, but He would and has said things like that. Please understand, God does not exist merely to conform to your views. Nor mine, for that matter.

Far Side Of the Moon said:
He honors all who are able to be loyal to him into death...
God honors all who believe (and all that entails) in Him. Everyone dies. Do you really think martyrdom is somehow 'special'? Do you think being killed for Jesus puts one above all other Christians?

If so, you need to study up on the difference between Grace and works.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

I wouldn't worry so much about the atheists. My main concern is, while I understand and see the need to share truth, we also have to recognize that there are people of God within all religions including Islam and if we bash those things they currently see as holy (even if they might truly not be) then we are by proxy bashing them (they will take it that way) making it less likely they will hear the truth you might have to share. It is a fine line to balance on when it comes to these types of things.

Reactions: ValleyGal
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People do not want to hear the hard truths. They label it "hate." But actually, if the truth being expressed is God's Truth, it is love.

God loves you just as you are.

God loves you TOO MUCH to leave you where you are.

Upvote 0