Is it okay for people to use the law to undermine large corporations at local levels?

SteveNZ

Adventurer for my King
Oct 24, 2011
Nelson New Zealand
✟8,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They should.

If jail is a prescribed penalty, individual members which make up a corporation should receive jail sentences in proportion to their percentage of investment in the corporation.
Hi,
I think it should be the directors that should take the rap, as they are the decision makers.

* I am a surveyor who has a company. I am the sole director and permanent employee. It just so happens that this is the best structure for a family business allowing family shareholders etc. Corporations are a great tool for any business. It just so happens that like any structure folk can abuse this.

Upvote 0

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
They should.

If jail is a prescribed penalty, individual members which make up a corporation should receive jail sentences in proportion to their percentage of investment in the corporation.

In every jurisdiction I am aware of corporations can be convicted of criminal offenses. However, instead of time they are usually given large fines (sometimes linked $X per year, sometimes purely on discretion). In some jurisdictions these fines are literally unlimited (they are at a judge's sole discretion).

Upvote 0