is it normal for grandparents to have divided loyalty?

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I mean like in large extended family, often the grandparents like to ask personal questions, and then before you know it, ALL their OTHER children and grandchildren knows about it

and after a while, you just get sick of it, and you became abrupt when they ask you those questions

because you feel like "what makes you think I am going tell you anything?"

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear TravelerFarAwayFromHome. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is,
Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. In verse 40 we are told: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." Love is very important to God our Heavenly Father, and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told:
" ask and you shall receive," we ask for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends)
The Bible tells us: " ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see and bless us, and gradually we will turn into the men and women which God wants us to be, loving and caring, for God and our neighbour. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and
Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
Let us all be as God wants us to be, loving and caring as God wants us to be, to all we know and meet. God will see our loving efforts, and God will bless us. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm a southern and being such means...
one's business is known in the family circle.
I don't mind because I know their "business"
also...if something is too personal or I just don't
want it known...then I don't tell any of the kinfolk...
I take it to the Lord and He helps me with whatever
is bothering me.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a southern and being such means...
one's business is known in the family circle.
I don't mind because I know their "business"
also...if something is too personal or I just don't
want it known...then I don't tell any of the kinfolk...
I take it to the Lord and He helps me with whatever
is bothering me.
The Jamaican culture is very similar....everyone knows not to tell the old people the younger ones hold it for a little while.

Upvote 0