Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
or has TAW been incredibly boring lately? No offense to anyone. I'm as much part of the problem as anyone! Why can't we get some interesting threads?

Ok, now I'll duck as the lettuce, apples, eggs, and rocks are hurled in my direction! :p^_^

Can we brainstorm some threads or what? :sorry::sorry:

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I check in all the time, hoping for something. I would rather avoid some of the stuff that happens in threads in GT, but right now this site is a connection for me that I need.

Not that I'm helping be a solution. I'm not coming up with interesting threads either. When I try, they never have an Orthodox slant.

I'm enjoying the Nicene Creed thread I have in GT. Would anyone be interested in discussing it here as well? I can appreciate particularly Orthodox perspectives, if there are posters here who won't go into GT?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GT is a section I just won't go to! Period! That place is crazy cookoo! Better to be a bored Orthodox than an angry GT visitor! ^_^:sorry::p

Well, I check in all the time, hoping for something. I would rather avoid some of the stuff that happens in threads in GT, but right now this site is a connection for me that I need.

Not that I'm helping be a solution. I'm not coming up with interesting threads either. When I try, they never have an Orthodox slant.

I'm enjoying the Nicene Creed thread I have in GT. Would anyone be interested in discussing it here as well? I can appreciate particularly Orthodox perspectives, if there are posters here who won't go into GT?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
GT is a section I just won't go to! Period! That place is crazy cookoo! Better to be a bored Orthodox than an angry GT visitor! ^_^:sorry::p

Well, if y'all are up for it and want to avoid GT, I would LOVE to get perspectives here especially. There are a few parts I am NOT looking forward to what will probably happen in GT when we get there.

The one I did on the Lord's Prayer a while back gave me things to think on for weeks.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds good to me!

I'm not the most prolific poster at the best of times. I feel like I spend the majority of my time studying these days.

Maybe we should post about our favorite books, movies, whatever?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,464,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, if y'all are up for it and want to avoid GT, I would LOVE to get perspectives here especially. There are a few parts I am NOT looking forward to what will probably happen in GT when we get there.

I also once ventured into GT to say that President Obama is not the Antichrist, and, well...yeah......

but if you have some questions on the Creed, ask away!

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I second this request. It would be great to hear more Orthodox voices in GT. There are a fair number of Catholics who post there regularly but Orthodox are sorely needed.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It can stir up all kinds of emotions, yes. I can certainly get frustrated there, and it might border on angry sometimes. My spirit is often grieved.

I guess I don't understand why some people seem to have varying levels of animosity against Traditional Churches. Much of it is targeted at Catholics, but Orthodox get their share as well.

I remember a church I went to when I was 12 or so, and I was handed a very easy-believism OSAS answer. Years later when I seriously came to faith, I really questioned if I would have been damned if I had left it at their teaching, and I was bitter for a short time. But I got over that.

I wonder if the ones that are the most anti-Catholic or anti-Traditional are carrying that kind of grudge?

I really don't like my brother and sister's new church. It's barely a church at all - the music is often secular, there is no Scripture read, the sermon is a feel-good thing, and there is only one brief prayer that identifies it as being a church at all. "Not like" is too mild a term for how I feel about it. But. My brother and sister never went to church in their adult lives before, and they love this church, and my brother is reading the Bible. So ... I can't hate it. There is SOME value there (though I pray they continue to grow and move into something with more substance).

I've been in what feels like most of the denominations out there, and I have differences to some degree (sometimes a very great degree) with all of them. But ... I was on a path, and they all taught me SOMEthing. Even if in a couple of cases it was what not to do/believe. I guess I am thankful for the varying levels of light each of them possess, and while they do not suit me at all anymore ... I wouldn't make a campaign of posting hate-threads against them.

So no ... I don't get GT.

I can understand differences in belief. And even poor logic. But prejudices against the Church grieve my heart.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not the most prolific poster at the best of times. I feel like I spend the majority of my time studying these days.

Maybe we should post about our favorite books, movies, whatever?

Favorite book is usually whatever I'm reading. It's always non-fiction these days though. I haven't read a novel in ... I can't remember when. Used to read them in a day or two. The Lord of the Rings would be near the top of my list too. And honestly I just love the Chronicles of Narnia series, even though it's for kids.

Favorite movie ... Ummmm. There are really just too many. Honestly though, I like a good romantic comedy with a twist - and clean. So there aren't that many of those. Ever After? Stardust? Ella Enchanted was a little cheesy, but ok. I'm sure there are better ones, but that's what comes to mind. Hard to find good ones though.

Then again, I'm much more likely to watch LOTR movies, the new Hobbit movies, a Star Trek installment, or even Jurassic Park. My husband and daughter will enjoy those with me, and I love them too, so the biggest part of my video collection are those kinds.

Upvote 0

Cappadocious

Sep 29, 2012
✟30,661.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I second this request. It would be great to hear more Orthodox voices in GT. There are a fair number of Catholics who post there regularly but Orthodox are sorely needed.

I'm reminded that I still owe you a message.

I'll prepare it as soon as I can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I lurk in GT/GH,but I rarely post. Seems like most of the threads are of the Protestant vs Catholic slants, and trying to add the Orthodox understanding just seems useless. It usually gets ignored, and most don't want to know the difference, since our beliefs are so often either so different that they're hard to explain, or they're subtly different and hard to explain.

Mary

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

The one I did on the Lord's Prayer a while back gave me things to think on for weeks.

So what about the Nicene creed?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0