Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello friends..

Ya know what bothers me in the church…

A bad God image,projected onto his body,by folks that are not in grace,and therefore minister legalism,under a pretense of prophecy,or a “word for you”;)

God always speaks to us in a graceful loving manner..:thumbsup:

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Luke 4:22
All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. "Isn't this Joseph's son?" they asked.

If you hear a word from a brother or a sister,or PASTOR,that does not point you to God,or causes pain,it is not the voice of God!:doh:

If you hear things like..”God wants you to stay on that job” and that job causes you pain,I would strongly advise you to take the words with caution..:cool:

God is on your side!:clap:

He writes His will on our hearts,so that you will know what is of Him,because only he can change your innermost being.

It can takes years to know the true voice,,:priest:

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

God will never minister condemnation to you at all!

That is against his nature..:idea:

Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

If you hear a friend or a minister tell you to do something,and there is no grace,and you feel a burden like all is up to you,trust me,take heed,that is not the voice of God.

The words He speaks are Spirit,and they are truth..

His word sets us free,and does not cause pain..:bow:

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

Often it is an art,to discern flesh from Spirit….:confused:

Any teaching that puts the effort on you and presumes that willpower is the answer,is wrong,and that’s a good way to judge the origin of the words..

Flesh or Spirit..?
Where is the emphasis placed?

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

When God speaks,there is power and hope imparted,and his word is precise,and he knows what he is doing..:bow:

The same beautiful words we heard,when we got saved will continue.
It is not as though once saved,all of the sudden God becomes stern..

Gods word is ALWAYS seasoned with grace,that’s one way to test the spirit behind the words. :preach:

Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Thanks!:)

Last edited:

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing I’ve learned in 40 years

There are lots of voices and most are not God.

Even when we do hear God, it is easy to misunderstand what He is saying.

It never ceases to amaze me how a person (like me for example) who often times misunderstand someone speaking plainly to them will automatically assume that little voice in their brain is God and then also conclude they have perfect understanding of what He is saying.

Jesus did say however that His sheep hear and recognize His voice.

Maybe our efforts need to be more about being sheep then hearing voices

John O.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We hear many voices and each has its significance.

1 Co 14:10
There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
KJV

When we learn to hear the voice of The Holy Spirit, we hear a small still voice.

1 Ki 19:11-12

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice .
KJV

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We hear many voices and each has its significance.

1 Co 14:10
There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
KJV

When we learn to hear the voice of The Holy Spirit, we hear a small still voice.

1 Ki 19:11-12

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice .
KJV
yes ,the still small voice..

Isn't amazing that the "small" voice has so much strength in it?:)

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes ,the still small voice..

Isn't amazing that the "small" voice has so much strength in it?:)

Zooooom in a little closer and we can learn that that still small voice has two manifestations.

The still small voice is the voice of our recreated spirit as led by the Holy Spirit.

When that still small voice speaks with authority it is the Holy Spirit speaking to us thru our spirit. There is a noticeable difference between the two.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zooooom in a little closer and we can learn that that still small voice has two manifestations.

The still small voice is the voice of our recreated spirit as led by the Holy Spirit.

When that still small voice speaks with authority it is the Holy Spirit speaking to us thru our spirit. There is a noticeable difference between the two.
Interesting stuff bro..

Remember in the 10 Commandments movie..(Charlton Heston:thumbsup:).

Remember the finger of God writting on the stone?

Thats sometimes what it feels like,when he writes / speaks on the fleshy tables of our hearts!

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that the word of God does not come back void so that even if the word is being preaching in a 'not so loving' and not such a still and small manner...God CAN and DOES turn it around for good.

The word is still of God even if the person preaching the word isn't.
sure.I agree.:)

But to give you an example of what I mean,read twigs op on the "no grace zone' thread.

He captured what I meant pretty well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know PT. One time when God spoke to me, He was quite stern (similar to when we were children and you heard your mother yell for you using your full name, yikes) and it startled me. I was actively pondering on a particular situation, and my thinking was quite off base. He corrected me and that lesson still lingers with me to this day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I don't know PT. One time when God spoke to me, He was quite stern (similar to when we were children and you heard your mother yell for you using your full name, yikes) and it startled me. I was actively pondering on a particular situation, and my thinking was quite off base. He corrected me and that lesson still lingers with me to this day.

I've noticed that even at those times when God is being stern and really putting His finger on things that need changing or correcting, it always leaves me with a sense of hope and purpose. Its hard to explain

When its something being said in the flesh it just leaves me with a sense of no hope, and general yuckiness

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've noticed that even at those times when God is being stern and really putting His finger on things that need changing or correcting, it always leaves me with a sense of hope and purpose. Its hard to explain

When its something being said in the flesh it just leaves me with a sense of no hope, and general yuckiness
Hi Tenebrae...:wave:

Me too,even in times of redirection,there was a loving solidity in it.And yes,you felt hope.The words that come through the flesh,via bretheren,or our own carnal precepts,bring condemnation,or as you say..yuckiness.:)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All things are possible with God...:)

I suppose that if you were way off base,God can get tough.

So far I am on the unstern side of the isle,but I understand what you are saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cesty

Philippians 4:19
Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
✟8,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judge it by James 1;17. Sometimes it strange like when I ask God why do you like me? answer he gave "because your simpleminded a simpleton". At frist I didn't like it. But then God called me simple next to his all knowing. what a honor to be known by God.

That's actually a wonderful compliment. That's not to say that God is trying to flatter you either. God doesn't do that kind of thing.

What it means is that you are not proud and arrogant, but humble. As a result of having a mind like this God is able to do great things in and through you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Judge it by James 1;17. Sometimes it strange like when I ask God why do you like me? answer he gave "because your simpleminded a simpleton". At frist I didn't like it. But then God called me simple next to his all knowing. what a honor to be known by God.
Well,tell ya one thing bro,he has given you my brother,alot of keen insight.:)

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

That's actually a wonderful compliment.

What it means is that you are not proud and arrogant, but humble. As a result of having a mind like this God is able to do great things in and through you.
It was a great feeling to be a child agian. But when you think about it thats what He thinks about everybody. What a great place to live.:thumbsup:
Matt. 18-3 God did it and I got to see it.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was a great feeling to be a child agian. But when you think about it thats what He thinks about everybody. What a great place to live.:thumbsup:
Matt. 18-3 God did it and I got to see it.
your living in a good place bro..

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Well,tell ya one thing bro,he has given you my brother,alot of keen insight.:)
Pine my friend. For years what I learn in bible school puff me up with self. I don't think they knew it but that what it does. Wait one second I think the rocks have something to say (Luke 19;40). Now if thats not humbling I don't know what is. When one learns God thinks that about everyone and HE PICK YOU OUT FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE AND PURPOSE TO DO A TASK FOR HIM. I'm sorry I'm going to cry it to wonderful of God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.