Is it alright to think about getting eternal relief now?

inlight12

Aug 10, 2014
✟7,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Let me start by saying that there is almost nothing in my third-world country that I consider remotely positive (there are few good things but overall it is worse than hell). I hate living in my country and my native culture with a burning passion. Now, before internet, I thought life in every first world countries are alright. Well, from what I've seen, I was not much wrong. There are few hardships, but in comparison to where I live (a semi-urban medieval age slum), even redneckville looks better. So I hope you can understand my desire to be out.

Now, I've been planning this and trying to get out for sometime. But my luck. Every little progress I make places even larger and larger obstacles in my path. This was also in part due to my parents being huge moron and not asking me to make my passport when it could have been done without tremendous hassle (if you move to another city and you are a new applicant, you better give up any hope). Well that hurdle is over now. But now, it looks like I may not get any opportunities for another whole year. So for one full year, I have to sit in my home and curse my misfortune.

Now when I see people in US, I see many good people, some doing well, some struggling to get by. But what I cannot stand is when I also see a large group of people there, who are so immature, stupid, degenerate, pseudo-intellectual, retards basically destroying everything that is good in US. I also feel a bit of rage when I see their young generation under-utilizing and wasting away the immense help, resource and opportunity available to them, only to fail at life again and again and blame society for not doing enough. I mean I think what wouldn't I do if I had only one-tenth of what they have for themselves. And it makes my temper go high again when I see people from my country going there and taking their awful culture with them. Apparently, living here did not teach them a thing.

And here I am, sitting in this damn place, ranting and raging about my life. My life, which can be considered a failure even by the lowest standard. At every step of my life, I have been hurt badly by my native culture. At this moment, there are only two goals in my life. Get out of my country and get a date. None of them have any signs of fulfilment.

So I think sometimes, that there must be an easy way to fulfil my desire. And that is to giving up and dropping dead. The mental pain I feel is so great that I often think I'd rather be happy not feeling anything at all. So I pray to God, so that I can just be dead. Like after I pray and go to sleep, I will never wake up again. If that happens that would be best for me. Is there a chance of my getting eternal relief now?

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there a chance of my getting eternal relief now? What does the Bible say? is taking your own life a Good thing? The obvious answer is no. Your 26 years old and have a opportunity to leave your country, it will take time and effort and it can be done many before you have immigrated. to where they wanted to go. It is not always good and all countries have many problems the United States has its share.I have traveled to Europe, Central America and the far east. When I think of what you ask I think of Apostle Paul he said In what ever circumstance you find yourself in be satisfied. Trust the lord to guide you and by all means have the faith and trust that God can and will be able to do all things though you. Seek the Kindom of God and all things will be added to you.:confused:

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Bear in mind that our struggles here are but for a little while in comparison to the eternity that lies before us. God values your life and as believers, we should prize the value of life above our own desires or comfort. There are many opportunities you are granted in your current situation that you may not realize. If you accept that your life belongs to Christ, then focus on what God would have you do and not your own desires. If you have one year to wait, then use that year to love those around you even as they despise or ridicule you. Open your heart and spirit to the will of God.

1 Peter 5:10
Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little.

1 Corinthians 3: 16-17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Upvote 0

inlight12

Aug 10, 2014
✟7,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, SoulBap6 and USCGrad90.

Yesterday night I thought about this. I have been hurt many times in my life. But raging about those things will not do me any good. I think I should compare these difficulties with fire. You can not be angry towards fire when it burns you. You just accept the misfortune and move on.

Another of my problem is that I cannot put down my 'tin-foil hat'. Discovering so many truths about many things and not being able to improve my life due to my bad luck (living in third world, corrupt country, no opportunity and no option) has really driven me insane. I think the solution to this is to be 'carpe diem' and just try to live my life where it takes me to. It will suck to be unemployed for a long time, but I have to try and quit surfing internet and take some hobbies.

I should resume my bible study and start reconnecting with Christ. I pray to God that I can be delivered from my materialistic mind and free myself.

Thank you again for the support.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... I have been hurt many times in my life...
Praying for you in your situation. Consider the LORD in the days of His nativity. When He began His ministry, He was in a place and condition similar to yours. Seek the LORD to help you in your heart, and in your situation.

... Another of my problem is that I cannot put down my 'tin-foil hat'. Discovering so many truths about many things ...
This is a big thing for me. Send me a PM if you would like some options for dealing with such concerns.

... I have to try and quit surfing internet and take some hobbies.
The internet has freed some people like you. Millionaires have been made from people in situations as bad as yours.

... I should resume my bible study and start reconnecting with Christ. I pray to God that I can be delivered from my materialistic mind and free myself...
The Materialism is difficult to overcome, and, as it seems, worse for people who have more than you. This is something that is in the heart, it is taught to us by the world around us, and the LORD warned us to beware of it. He had His beloved disciple, the Apostle John, tell us the following:
I John 2
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Seek ye the LORD while He may be found of you, and be content with your situation. Some of us here may have things more difficult to bear. It is a matter of perspective. (Isaiah 55:6, Philippians 4:11, Hebrews 13:5)

If you are, or would be, a follower of Christ, it is necessary to take up your cross DAILY, and follow the LORD. He may be preparing you for great things that I may not be prepared to endure! (Mark 10:21)

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Inlight12, we all have our ups and downs in life, whether in palaces or slums. You can see where many rich people have lived miserable lives, even going so far as to commit suicide. Just because you think some other place would make life easier for you, it's no guarantor it will make your life better.

Paul and Silas were in the inner most portion of the prison, shackled with chains, yet they prayed and sang hymns unto God, who sent them sweet relief. Paul was in prison, ready to be beheaded, yet he told Timothy to "preach the word". He didn't send a letter to Timothy to "get me out of here", but rather, to further the gospel of Christ.

I will be engaged in prayer for you. Remember, as David said, "I will look to the hills, whence cometh my help".....

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0