1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is it a sin to be a crossdresser

Discussion in 'Congregation-specific Ethics' started by paul1953, Jun 7, 2006.

1. MoonofIsaiah

MoonofIsaiah LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
  2. Spiritlight

Spiritlight ✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    If we let ourselves be bound one obscure OT law in Deuteronomy-Leviticus we may need to obey them all. Using the OT laws does have its for and against living under grace but we need to be careful we are not striving for salvation by obeying the old covenant.

3. Radrook

Radrook Well-Known Member Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I never said that we are not under Grace or that our salvation depends on our obedience to the OT. When we tell our children that we find a certain behavior detestable we expect to be respectfully taken seriously. We do not expect them to brazenly begin practicing it in front of us simply because we have gone out of our way to help them out. Grace is not a permission to disregard how God expressed his feelings concerning certain behavior in the past.

A relationship with God requires mutual respect.
    Behaving in a way which he clearly declared abominable simply because we are now under grace and feel we can get away with it regardless of how God said he felt is very disrespectful.

Relevant information:

BTW
    In what way is God now being obscure?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  4. Spiritlight

Spiritlight ✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    the point I was making is not to keep going back to the law and feel obliged be bound by it. Paul warned against that too.

If you keep the one about not wearing girls clothes you can't really cherry pick the ones that appeal to you and disregard the others.

We must condone slavery:
    Leviticus 25:44
    "'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

We must also never use or touch leather or eat bacon and ham:
    Deuteronomy 14:8
    The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

That's problem with applying Deuteronomy law to Christianity.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. Teslafied

Teslafied Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian
    Deuteronomy 22:5
    The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

This verse says it for me.

6. Open Heart

Open Heart Hebrew Catholic American Solidarity Party

Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Why wouldn't she want to look beautiful? You can find women's T's that are modest, made of cotten/polyester blend, but pretty. They are cut differently because we actually DO have boobs and hips. If your gramma thinks T-shirts "show off" boobs and hips, maybe she is just buying them way too small? Women just look UGLY in men's T's.

I don't know if your gramma is doing this, but I have a REAL PROBLEM with older women who choose to masculinize themselves. They chop off their hair and don't even style it. They wear ugly T shirts and sweat pants. And we aren't talking about lounging around the house in comfort, which is fine, we are talking about going out in public! It's like they are saying, "I am not a sexual person, I am not a woman, if how I look offends you that's your problem." What's with that?

What do you think of these T-shirts? Feminine and modest. http://www.blair.com/p/screen-print-knit-tee/35627.uts

Deut 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  7. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
  8. Open Heart

Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Catholic
    abolutely nothing! but it doesn't have an advertisement for something plastered all over it. It is distinctly a womans T.

A similar cut T-shirt that is solid in color is unisex. If a woman is a Tomboy and doesn't want to wear the feminine stuff, she can always wear the solids. But not stuff with sports logos, beer commercials, etc.

Example of guy's print T-shirt. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...nny+t+shirts&tbm=shop&spd=2520397119777367608

There are women's T's with print on them, and technically that falls within biblical parameters. I *personally* hate them, however, as they are not beautiful, and I as a woman want to be as beautiful as possible.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  9. Hank77

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
  10. Open Heart

Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Interesting!!!! I don't personally like polo shirts on women. I think they look masculine. I've never seen one in any of my women's catalogs. But there you have found one in the women's section of JC Penny! So what can I say? And you are right -- they do seem to me to be the proper uniform for sports for women.

11. Hank77

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    My oldest daughter wears polos sometimes with jeans or shorts. But she's too tiny and pretty, with long hair to her waist, so no one can mistake her for a guy. :)

12. Open Heart

Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Catholic
    LOL. Really feminine gals can wear RAGS and still look like Cinderella :)

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  13. Darkness Flame

Darkness Flame Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    It's a sign of being displeased with what was given to you, as well as confusion, so yeah it's a sin.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

14. Four Angels Standing

Four Angels Standing 2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
  15. Open Heart

Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Catholic
    The Bible says what it says. I don't think transexuals choose what they are, but they STILL need to dress as the gender they were born with.