Not open for further replies.

Vulcan

May 28, 2012
✟15,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By shows I mean TV shows on christian networks. I don't know him personally so I can't speak for that, all I have seen are great interviews with him seems like a nice guy to me but since you go there you know more.

I am sorry to hear she is so violent about this, Being pressured and forced to go doesn't do any good. If you are uncomfortable then you should definity find a church your ok with.

Upvote 0

alan650

Oct 19, 2006
✟25,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He has a house for 2 million dollars. Where do you think he got all that money? He gets it from people gullible enough to believe in his "ministry" This is an example of a guy using the name of Jesus for his own financial gain. He will most likely be one of those men who Jesus says "Depart from me, I don't know you." on judgment day.

Upvote 0

Eyesee

It's all about Jesus
Jun 14, 2012
North Texas
✟15,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do not defend the false prophets, no one is answering my question whether is possible to raise someone from the dead or what this guys does...i dont want them praying for me

Of course it's possible. Here's the real issue: To WHOM do these signs and wonders point to? Signs and wonders that come from GOD point to and give glory to GOD. Signs and wonders that point to and give glory to an individual are probably coming from somewhere else...

Be warned that counterfeit signs and wonders do exist. NEVER follow the signs and wonders. Always follow Jesus; His ministers will ALWAYS glorify Him in word and in deed and you WILL know the difference.

As for being manipulated into going to a specific church; that's not the LORD's way and that person in your life needs to made aware of that. If you are going to a church that is faithful to Jesus and preaches His word, then why on earth would it matter WHERE you go just as long as you go?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
How do you exactly know this and why do you call it a show?
Sid Roth has a television show-- videos here with an interview It's Supernatural - Sid Roth - It's Supernatural

Do not allow her to make you feel guilty for not being comfortable in a certain style of worship service, especially if people are intrusive in approaching you, or expecting you to do things you're not willing to do. Jesus did not require people to fall down-- he was usually very personal and gracious with them.

I like Charismatic churches, but find people take on a lot of doctrine that doesn't make sense -- like telling each other not to pray while casting out demons, or not to listen to a person's story after prophesying or healing. There is no love for God and man in that.

Whether God is moving mightily or not at that church, God is present wherever two people gather in His name-- including quiet churches. There is no perfect church, and there is no church where God will not visit with you.

Don't wait too long if you are not comfortable now. Be open about specific realities that do not seem right, because that will also help keep your mother on track. Instead of speaking of him as completely dangerous, just start with what you feel is detrimental to you.

Your mom wants good things for you and hopes that this man will do that, but we are not to put our trust in what man can do.

I was in a situation in my teens where I didn't speak up firmly, bc my mom was so excited about a new wave of teaching in our church. It took hold and messed up hundreds of people, and went on for a decade. If we had been more clear about what disturbed us, people could have been more responsible with how they handled the teachings.

Are you near a bus line? Do you have enough money to buy a bike? Some adults in large cities function well for years without driving, using bikes and public transportation. If you know of someone who attends a church you like, ask for a ride and compensate them for their time and gas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francescalop

Aug 5, 2012
✟7,621.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These pastors are false prophets and charlatans.
They deceive people with magic tricks by turning water into wine and gold in oil.
To answer your question, yes in the name and power of Jesus we as born again believers can cast out devils, speak in tongues, heal the sick and raise the dead. But, there are false teachers and prophets out there copying these things.
Praying in tongues is also from God and a gift for all his children. This is not to be confused with the gift of tongues. Yes, people get slain in the spirit and this did occur in the bible a few times. I don't recall what verses but one was when they went to arrest Jesus at the garden and the soldiers said they were there for Jesus, and Jesus responded, "I am he" the soldiers fell to the ground (John 18:6)
Lastly, the word of God tells us not to let anyone lay hands on u hastily because yes demonic spirits can be transferred through the laying on of hands. Best practice is to stay at ur seat and cover urself with blood of Jesus and ask the Lord to reveal to u what is from Him and what is not and pray for a keen spirit of discernment. I believe the Holy Spirit of God is already telling u something is wrong there because u feel uncomfortable - that's Him alerting you. Now u r not going to find the perfect church. There will be some things u may not agree with but if the doctrine they teach overall lines up with the Word of God, you are in a good place. Hope this helps. Blessings upon u!<staff edit>

Pastor Francesca

I have noticed certain things which I do not like:

1.Guillermo Maldonado prayed for a man who was dead in a morgue, 23 hours frozen in a freezer, and he came back to life. What kind of miracles are these? Is this even biblical?

2. Members pray for you in tongues and i find this uncomfortable because I don't know what they are really saying or trying to get into my system. For all I know anyone from the audience ( there are a lot of people that go there) could be an infiltrate from the enemy and praying things in satan's name against me. When someone behind me put her her hands on me and told me i was going to get healed (which I didn't) I had demonic visitations and nightmares which still haunt me, I asked god about this ministry and I keep getting nightmares...

3. People fall on their backs when touched by the pastor, he knows the names of certain people in the audience (which apparently he has never known before) and calls them to the front to be delivered of X problems or healed, but in the bible there is not such thing as falling on your back?

4. He owns a house for 2 million dollars, but im not too sure of his economical situation but he's rich allright...

5. This is how it works : you go to that church and if you are new, you have to go to the front and accept jesus, then they lead you to a small room while service still goes on and pray for your problems, take your address, name, information then you are invited to a private class next Sunday morning where they give you a new bible . If you want to visit a retreat for 3 days you have to pay $45 for them to pray about you and make a deliverance.

There is more stuff I have found on the internet about him being a false prophet. Money seems to be important to them, encouraging the audience to be successful, make money and blah blah blah more money..

Personally I don't feel like going to this church, BUT MY MOM FORCES ME TO GO EVERY SUNDAY AND IS VERY MEAN TO ME WHEN I DON'T WANT TO GO. SHE WANTS ME TO FALL ON MY BACK LIKE THOSE PEOPLE AND LOOSE MY CONSCIOUSNESS ON NATIONAL TV (THEY HAVE A TV STATION OR SOMETHING)

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHURCH AND IM AFRAID OF PEOPLE IN THERE TOUCHING ME AND TRANSFERRING THEIR CRAP TO ME, WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THIS CHURCH?

[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One, no one has been "raised from the dead" since Jesus and the many recently dead who are said to have been resurrected in Jerusalem the day of His own resurrection.

Two, anyone who calls himself "apostle" has already proven himself to be a false prophet. The last apostle died in the last decade of the first century -- John.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1.Guillermo Maldonado prayed for a man who was dead in a morgue, 23 hours frozen in a freezer, and he came back to life. What kind of miracles are these? Is this even biblical?
Oh? You'd think such an event would be front page news around the world! But, I've never heard of this resurrection until now. My immediate response is, of course, skepticism. How was this "miracle" accomplished? How was it verified as true?

2. 2. Members pray for you in tongues and i find this uncomfortable because I don't know what they are really saying or trying to get into my system. For all I know anyone from the audience ( there are a lot of people that go there) could be an infiltrate from the enemy and praying things in satan's name against me. When someone behind me put her her hands on me and told me i was going to get healed (which I didn't) I had demonic visitations and nightmares which still haunt me, I asked god about this ministry and I keep getting nightmares...

1 Corinthians 14:16-19
16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?
17 For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;
19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

It seems to me the people in this church are not conducting themselves in accord with the apostle Paul's directives given above. Not a good sign.

3. People fall on their backs when touched by the pastor, he knows the names of certain people in the audience (which apparently he has never known before) and calls them to the front to be delivered of X problems or healed, but in the bible there is not such thing as falling on your back?

This is the classic "slain in the Spirit" gimmick. You're right: there is no mention of this sort of thing in Scripture. It would be interesting to follow up over the next year or so on those who claim to be healed by Maldonado. Other false prophets who have "healed" people have been shown to have done no such thing. Those who were "healed" were investigated and found not to be healed at all. Of course, all these healing failures are the result of a lack of faith on the part of the one who was healed. For the "healing" to stick the "healed" person must never let their faith slip even for a moment - at least this is how the false prophets defend their inability to actually heal anyone. This isn't how Jesus healed. He healed you, you stayed healed.

4. He owns a house for 2 million dollars, but im not too sure of his economical situation but he's rich allright...

1 Timothy 6:5-12
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

As far as I'm concerned, millionaire preachers are exactly the sort of people described in the passage above. I certainly wouldn't be open to being taught by such avaricious men.

Personally I don't feel like going to this church, BUT MY MOM FORCES ME TO GO EVERY SUNDAY AND IS VERY MEAN TO ME WHEN I DON'T WANT TO GO. SHE WANTS ME TO FALL ON MY BACK LIKE THOSE PEOPLE AND LOOSE MY CONSCIOUSNESS ON NATIONAL TV (THEY HAVE A TV STATION OR SOMETHING)

Has she fallen on her back on national t.v.? Scripture calls you to honor your parents, so however you deal with your Mom about this stuff, you must do so with respect and humility. I would make an appeal to your Mom, offering her a good alternative to going to this charlatan's church. Maybe there is a good neighborhood church you could attend? Maybe you could agree to attend the church so long as you are free not to have to engage in anything that makes you uncomfortable.
I DON'T LIKE THIS CHURCH AND IM AFRAID OF PEOPLE IN THERE TOUCHING ME AND TRANSFERRING THEIR CRAP TO ME, WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THIS CHURCH?

What is my opinion of this church? See above. Personally, I would steer well clear of it. Pray to God for a way to avoid having to attend. If this place is as corrupt as it seems to be, God will certainly not want you there. Be patient and trust God to make a way out of this situation.

Selah.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have started going to a new church in Miami called "el rey jesus" (evangelical )with apostol guillermo maldonado, please see page here : King Jesus Ministry | Miami, FLorida

I have noticed certain things which I do not like:

2. Members pray for you in tongues and i find this uncomfortable because I don't know what they are really saying or trying to get into my system. For all I know anyone from the audience ( there are a lot of people that go there) could be an infiltrate from the enemy and praying things in satan's name against me. When someone behind me put her her hands on me and told me i was going to get healed (which I didn't) I had demonic visitations and nightmares which still haunt me, I asked god about this ministry and I keep getting nightmares...

5. This is how it works : you go to that church and if you are new, you have to go to the front and accept jesus, then they lead you to a small room while service still goes on and pray for your problems, take your address, name, information then you are invited to a private class next Sunday morning where they give you a new bible . If you want to visit a retreat for 3 days you have to pay $45 for them to pray about you and make a deliverance.

There is more stuff I have found on the internet about him being a false prophet. Money seems to be important to them, encouraging the audience to be successful, make money and blah blah blah more money..

At best, I would be highly skeptical of this guy. For one thing, he and his church are misusing the gift of tongues according to how the Bible says it should be used. He sounds like a regular Benny Hinn to me. It's most likely just the power of suggestion making these people fall over and whatnot. I've seen the same freakshow at one of my previous churches.

He may be a nice guy, but I honestly don't care. Even the Anti-Christ will be a nice guy (even going so far as to rebuild the Holy Temple for the Jews), otherwise no one would follow Him.

Upvote 0

Fierce Badger

Pray for us ye holy saints of America.
Jun 4, 2011
Alabama
✟7,919.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I would want verification of such a thing. Extreme Pentecostals like him have a habit of "fish stories" where they'll make things up like that. I have no doubt that it could happen, but I would definitely want proof.

Did you know that it's illegal for someone to touch you if you tell them not to? If you let them know that you don't want to be touched, and they do it anyway, it's assault and battery and they can be arrested and charged for it. You are well within your rights to not be touched if you don't want to be.

Anyway, I would say that it sounds like there's a ton of fear going on in that church which is not healthy at all.

There isn't. What you're seeing is a very recent development within the past 100 years. It was never practiced in Christian history prior to the 20th century and has no support in the Bible or early Christian history.

HUGE RED FLAG!

A preacher should NOT own a 2 million dollar house! CEOs and high corporates are the ones who own such things. It's extremely corrupt for someone who claims to be a man of God to own such extravagance while plenty of people in the congregation and in society struggle with bills or poverty. I understand people need a living wage and there are plenty of ministers who are underpaid and have to work a second job. However, if he got his house off of the people in his church, that's really bad.

Pray about you and make a deliverance? That sounds kind of odd. Do they see demons behind every single bush or something?

Please somebody help me, she manipulates me into going to this church with the excuse that if I don't go then we won't go to the beach or any other placed she would have me closed in my home until next sunday again. I am 24, but don't know how to drive yet so I can't get away, She (my mom)screams at me and call me names ( how very christian, I know) I like to read the bibble at home and not go to churches,please help me out here

Your Mom holding you in your home against your will is a crime.

Here's the thing, you and your mom need professional counseling. It's not ok for her to manipulate you and treat you badly. Try to search in your area for a counselor. I'm not a counselor so all I can say is that you should get help from a professional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are lots of adult children in their parents' homes for a variety of reasons such as unemployment, sicknesses of all types, cost of living, etc. But most people today don't understand submission. If you're living in her house, you're under her leadership. However, seems a calm discussion about your behavior towards each other is needed.

I don't know this minister but Matt 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." Nothing has ceased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These pastors are false prophets and charlatans.
They deceive people with magic tricks by turning water into wine and gold in oil.

To answer your question, yes in the name and power of Jesus we as born again believers can cast out devils, speak in tongues, heal the sick and raise the dead. But, there are false teachers and prophets out there copying these things.
Praying in tongues is also from God and a gift for all his children. This is not to be confused with the gift of tongues. Yes, people get slain in the spirit and this did occur in the bible a few times. I don't recall what verses but one was when they went to arrest Jesus at the garden and the soldiers said they were there for Jesus, and Jesus responded, "I am he" the soldiers fell to the ground (John 18:6)
Lastly, the word of God tells us not to let anyone lay hands on u hastily because yes demonic spirits can be transferred through the laying on of hands. Best practice is to stay at ur seat and cover urself with blood of Jesus and ask the Lord to reveal to u what is from Him and what is not and pray for a keen spirit of discernment. I believe the Holy Spirit of God is already telling u something is wrong there because u feel uncomfortable - that's Him alerting you. Now u r not going to find the perfect church. There will be some things u may not agree with but if the doctrine they teach overall lines up with the Word of God, you are in a good place. Hope this helps. Blessings upon u!<staff edit>

Pastor Francesca

Says you. Didn't Jesus also turn water into wine and didn't Moses perform similar "magic tricks"? I'm sure the pharisees at the wedding party thought the same thing...
True, the word says this, but if the person praying for you is covered with the blood of Jesus and has been anointed to lay hands, as many in this church have, then there should be no problems with this.

One, no one has been "raised from the dead" since Jesus and the many recently dead who are said to have been resurrected in Jerusalem the day of His own resurrection.

Two, anyone who calls himself "apostle" has already proven himself to be a false prophet. The last apostle died in the last decade of the first century -- John.
How do you know? So you speak on behalf of the whole Kingdom of God for the past 2000 years?? Didn't Jesus say we would do greater things than He? Didn't the apostles perform many miracles during their ministries? Who's to say that raising the dead wasn't part of that. The apostles only recorded the overall message, not every individual miracle.
Wrong again. This is a very, very, VERY common belief that is not scriptural! Don't even get me started on this whole unbiblical teaching that all of the gifts of the Spirit and ministry of the apostles was only for the 1st Century church!! There's no sound logic behind it. None whatsoever. Ephesians 4 speaks about the different ministries, i.e. apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teacher. These different ministries make up the body of Christ and His church. The ministry of the apostle is just as relevant now as it was back then.

Oh? You'd think such an event would be front page news around the world! But, I've never heard of this resurrection until now. My immediate response is, of course, skepticism. How was this "miracle" accomplished? How was it verified as true?

Actually, i've heard of these things happening many times. However, I will point out that we are in a spiritual battle with Satan. The last thing he wants is for the real Power of God to be revealed to the masses. Therefore he'll do anything to make it seem as if these things aren't happening. They are. This generation will seek for signs, but God wants the people to move in Faith first...but miracles ARE happening, and i've seen and experienced them. Demons are lurking, and i've experienced those nasty little buggers as well.

1 Corinthians 14:16-19
It seems to me the people in this church are not conducting themselves in accord with the apostle Paul's directives given above. Not a good sign.

First off, just because this particular person says something is happening a certain way doesn't necessarily mean it is. You are aware that you can pray in tongues and normal language at the same time right? Tongues are to edify the speaker, while the normal language is to edify the listener. I can speak in tongues to edify my spirit while i'm praying for someone. Paul was just trying to establish order in the church to clarify some of he mishaps that were occurring. We need to stop being so legalistic and putting God in a box. The pharisees did this to their demise. And it's not like the whole service is being performed in tongues, believe me if you attend one of these services you will get more than enough biblical Understanding than you can imagine.

This is the classic "slain in the Spirit" gimmick. You're right: there is no mention of this sort of thing in Scripture. It would be interesting to follow up over the next year or so on those who claim to be healed by Maldonado. Other false prophets who have "healed" people have been shown to have done no such thing. Those who were "healed" were investigated and found not to be healed at all. Of course, all these healing failures are the result of a lack of faith on the part of the one who was healed. For the "healing" to stick the "healed" person must never let their faith slip even for a moment - at least this is how the false prophets defend their inability to actually heal anyone. This isn't how Jesus healed. He healed you, you stayed healed.

We really need to open our hearts and minds with things we cannot understand yet serve to glorify Jesus. The term "slain in the Spirit" might not have the best reputation, but the act of being overpowered by the presence of God where you are no longer able to stand is hardly unbiblical. It's found throughout the old and new testaments. What does falling back, forward, sideways, diagonal have to do with anything. The fact is that if someone is praying for you in front of you then your natural tendency is to lean back a bit, add to that the overwhelming weight of God's anointing, and viola!, you are on your back smitten by the power of God! It's not rocket science.
As for the physical act of "touching"...well didn't that sick woman touch Jesus' robe to get healed? Didn't Jesus touch the blind man and even put mud in his eyes to heal him? Didn't the apostles lay hands, touch, people when they prayed for them. The truth is that "touch" is a very important human bond. It's natural to want to touch the person whom you are lovingly praying or ministering for. And when the Spirit starts flowing, and there's a powerful anointing over you while ministering you're going to tend to react a little bit more physical with your ministering. Hence the whole running around and touching rather forcefully the people you're ministering too. However, there have been times where i've been ministering to people and the anointing is so powerful over me that all I did was stand in front of the person and they just fell under God's presence. I didn't touch them and many times I hadn't even uttered a single word. It's God's anointing and it's sometimes so powerful that you can't help but fall. In fact, when I was ordained as youth pastor at my church the senior pastor and all the deacons and elders gathered around me to pray. While they were praying for me I felt such an IMMENSE weight over me that it felt as if I was trying to squat 500 lbs. I could feel the pressure in my calfs and I had to struggle not to fall. NO ONE was pressing down on my . shoulders or head as I could feel everyone's hand touching me, but not applying any pressure at all. I even looked around to check :D. I've never felt the presence of God so tangible in the form of weight as I did that day.
As far as the bit about healing goes, I know that God has certainly healed people completely and permanently the ministers at Apostle Maldonados church. Be very careful of denying the power of God through his supernatural manifestations. That's treading some seriously dangerous territory brother.

1 Timothy 6:5-12
As far as I'm concerned, millionaire preachers are exactly the sort of people described in the passage above. I certainly wouldn't be open to being taught by such avaricious men.

It really bothers me that some well meaning Jesus people think that because a servant of Yahweh is rich he is a phoney. God chose to financially bless Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Job, Solomon, and many others. Why wouldn't he do so this day and age? It's not like Apostle Maldonado has always had this wealth or doesn't share it with others. His ministry is very big on giving and sharing what God has blessed them with. That's why God chooses to bless certain people the way He's blessed them...because they'll sow even more right back into the kingdom of God. Yes, the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils! But just because you have a lot of it (especially if it's given to you by God) doesn't mean you "love" it. I hope God blesses me like that one day!

Seriously brothers and sisters, we need to WAKE UP! God is doing great things through this ministry and others! We need to stop fighting each other and become the unified body of Christ. Jesus Himself in Mark 9 tells His disciples to not stop anyone who casts out demons in His name! I can attest for the ministry King Jesus (Apos. Maldonado) that everything they do they do it in the name of Jesus! The evidence is in the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit that operate through that ministry. Sure, things might be done a little differently then what you may be used to, but the Pharisees felt the same way about Jesus and look what happened :doh:. Gamaliel had the right idea when he told the rest of the pharisees to be careful of condemning the followers of Jesus lest they be found "fighting against God Himself". Let the fruit and works of God's people stand on their own. Take this approach with Apostle Guillermo Maldonado and his ministry and you will soon see with spiritual eyes what God is doing!

DISCLAIMER: It's late at night and i've been studying all day for my engineering exams...i.e. my grammar, syntax, verbage, etc etc will be extremely sub par and my ability to look for scriptures at the moment is gonna almost non-existent ;)

Upvote 0

HEsTiLLALiVe

Sep 14, 2012
✟15,292.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I used to go there, and no longer do. For many reasons, like praying in the dark, whispering on stage in the middle of prayer,and of course the reasons that you have stated. I even tried to "wake up" some of the people that attend there personally but they were having too much fun. Stay as far away from there as you possibly can, and while you're at it thank GOD for the discernment HE's given you and continue to pray and read the Holy Scriptures. ^And the miracles Moses and Jesus performed were real, because the Spirit empowering them was GOD's Holy Spirit^. Be blessed and Shalom.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You are well within your rights to not be touched if you don't want to be.
Absolutely.
Also, notice how Jesus healed all who came to Him. Attending a service is not evidence of turning over your body and soul to them. You are there as a visitor, an observer, a partial participant. If you think that resisting will create a scene and make you appear resistant to God, then it might be best to avoid the service.

Find your own church, where friends can pick you up if you need a ride.

Keep in mind what can happen to your mind when you agree to things you are not comfortable with. Patterns of victimization begin, or at least stances of whining to authorities instead of proactively moving forward. It's not healthy to be so conflicted inside.

The issue of a pastor asking for money when he already has a $2mil house is certainly disturbing. But often these highly public speakers make money from their books and tapes, not necessarily donations.

Members and contributors can ask for budget disclosure. If they are not taken seriously, members can remind elders that they are expected to offer this under US nonprofit status. Not legally required, but expected.

If you want to visit a retreat for 3 days you have to pay $45 for them to pray about you and make a deliverance.
That is an extremely low price for three day's room and board, with teaching and counsel. Was the price just for the counseling session?
It sounds like they needed to manage expenses against high requests. It is easier to work with paid staff than volunteers -- so the ministry probably pays people who take full weekends to minister to others.

I have watched retreat expenses become a dividing point for members -- the wealthier ones can afford to get more involved, and then those who must miss an event get left out of the inner circle. Not an intentional result of course -- it just happens.

SHE WANTS ME TO FALL ON MY BACK LIKE THOSE PEOPLE AND LOOSE MY CONSCIOUSNESS ON NATIONAL TV
Can you talk to your mom about what she's getting into? Be honest with her as though you are concerned for her, not just your own discomfort with what's going on. A parent will want to make sure their offspring get the best of spiritual input, and she views this as the best she can find.

But if you see specific errors-- there will be human flaws in any ministry-- be blunt with her about those specifics. Not the whole ministry, because that is not a healthy approach. If people are being duped or led astray, where? If people's funds are being taxed inordinately, where? Let her know that you care about her spiritual life as much as she cares about yours.

Sometimes corruption enters with one person, not the entire ministry. The figurehead speaker does not have time to do everything, or check everything. They trust their board of directors or elders.

Hestillalive said:
I even tried to "wake up" some of the people that attend there personally but they were having too much fun.
Thanks for getting in on the conversation, with first-hand experience.

Guillermo Maldonado prayed for a man who was dead in a morgue, 23 hours frozen in a freezer, and he came back to life. What kind of miracles are these? Is this even biblical?
What defines death? Usually he combination of brain and physical activity ceasing.

In regions where vodou is practiced, like Haiti and West Africa, people are given toxins which put them into comas/paralysis. People have survived the toxicity of these combined plant and animal substances, and have lived through their funerals. It is not an impossibility for someone to appear dead.

On whether it is biblical to raise someone from the dead, Jesus raised Lazarus, a widow's son, and the daughter of temple official Jairus.

• Matthew 9
  • Luke 7
  • John 11
  • Acts 9 Peter raised Dorcas/Tabitha
  • Acts 20 Paul raised Eutychus.

As pointed out above, He said that His followers would do even greater things.

John 14

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe Me because of the works themselves.
Indeed, I tell you truly, the one believing into Me, the works which I do, that one shall do also, and greater than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

And whatever you may ask in My Name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My Name, I will do it .

If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Other reports of resurrections include the ministries of:

• St. Ignatius of Loyola
  • St. Paul of the Cross
  • St. Catherine of Siena
  • St. Hyacinth
  • St. Martin of Tours
  • St. Ambrose
  • St. Francis Xavier
Mt 10:8
Heal sick ones, cleanse lepers, raise dead ones, cast out demons. You freely received, freely give.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.