Is God a liar?

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Why should "yowm" be converted to "period of labor" when the plain meaning is day in the context of the Ten Commandments? That is really stretching it. Both Strong's Concordance and the Brown-Driver-Briggs lexicon (not exactly conservative)confirm that this is a simple 24-hour working day.

There is absolutely no reason to stretch out the days of creation when God restricts them with "evening and morning" which can only mean 24 hours.

Strong's Concordance

yom: day
Original Word: יוֹם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yom
Phonetic Spelling: (yome)
Short Definition: day

Brown-Driver-Briggs
Day as division of time:

a. working-day Exodus 20:9,10 (E) =Deuteronomy 5:18; Exodus 16:26,30 (twice in verse) (J), Exodus 23:12 (JE), Exodus 31:15 (P),Leviticus 23:3 (H); יְמֵי הַמַּעֲשֶׂה Ezekiel 46:1.

Here is Strong's online view:

Lexicon Results
Strong's H3117 - yowm
יוֹם
Transliteration

yowm
Pronunciation
yōm (Key)

Part of Speech
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From an unused root meaning to be hot

TWOT Reference

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. day, time, year
    1. day (as opposed to night)

2. day (24 hour period)
      1. as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

2. as a division of time
        1. a working day, a day's journey
    3. days, lifetime (pl.)

4. time, period (general)

5. year

6. temporal references
      1. today

2. yesterday

3. tomorrow
      4. Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 2287
AVday 2008, time 64, chronicles + 01697 37, daily 44, ever 18, year 14,continually 10, when 10, as 10, while 8, full 8 always 4, whole 4, alway 4, misc44

As you can see, yowm can mean any period of time or period of labor as in God's 6 Days of Creation. God has but 6 Creative Days/Ages and we remain at the end of the present 6th Day at Gen 1:27 BECAUSE God is STILL working/creating Adam (mankind) in His Image, which is Spiritually in Christ. We will NOT advance to the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at the end of the present 6th Day. Amen?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Keep in mind, there are some out there who need to change the bible to force fit it to agree with evolutionism.

Not me, since I show that the False ToE is the biggest satanic lie in the history of Humankind. The all knowing godless men who dreamed up this theory forgot about the Flood and they didn't know that it totally destroyed Adam's world where Humans had our origin. ll Peter 3:3-7

Evolutionists speculated that Humans must have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes because our bones resembled Apes. At the end of time, these Scoffers will be revealed for the lies they have forced upon our children and their only defense is that they are "willingly ignorant" of God's Truth which totally destroys their precious False Theory. Amen?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the context of the Ten Commandments there is absolutely no reason and no excuse to regard day as anything other than a normal, natural 24 hour day, and that is why non-conservative Brown-Driver-Briggs has given that as "a working day". It may mean something else in other contexts, but not within the Ten Commandments and not within Genesis chapter one either.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I misunderstood you assumption, Job 8. No, I don't see how Gen. 2 could be a further explication of Gen. 1. Its chronology is contradictory. Details are different, In Gem. 1, humanity has a lofty beginning, being made in the image of the gods. In 2, humankind has a more humble origin, coming from the mud or dust of the earth. Gen. 1 is polytheistic or at least a residual of polytheism. Gen. 2 is much more monotheistic. Furthermore, careful literary study claims the best bet is to regard Gen. 2 and written long before Gen. 1 and , of course by a different author. If you read it carefully in English translation, you can see something of how different the writing styles are, which is something far more striking in Hebrew. Gen. 1 is sing-songy, mope designed for a part of a worships liturgy. Gen. 2 is narrative and also uses a different name, YHWH, for God. So, sorry, no takers for your hypothesis on my end of it.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind, there are some out there who need to change the bible to force fit it to agree with evolutionism.
And that is the saddest spectacle of all. Even the Muslims regard their Koran with greater reverence and greater reliability than some Christians who wish to accommodate science falsely so-called.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, sorry, no takers for your hypothesis on my end of it.
Since your hypothesis is based on Higher Criticism WHICH HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY DISCREDITED, it's time to take a fresh look at Genesis chapters 1 and 2. I could go into much detail to refute your arguments, but you must be prepared to jettison the musings of the Higher Critics.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think you are suffering from a common misconception of the issue here, Job 8. The issue is not about God per se or the Bible per se. The issue is about grave doubts over the fundamentalist interpretation of God, Bible, nature, etc. As I mentioned in a previous email in this section, my criticism is they took the fallible human views and opinions , some good, snot , of the church fathers and enshrined them as sacred cows that cannot be touched and have to be believed in order to be saved. One sacred cow is the inerrancy of Scripture. While they may see it as coming straight form the mouth of the Almighty, it didn't, it came out of the opinions of the church fathers, who tried to sanctify their views by projecting them onto God. I view the inerrancy for what it actually is, a human-made theory about how God may be related to the writing of Scripture. It could be right, it could be wrong, just like any human-made theory. And there are other , more attractive options out there. So I and others tested it out, as you should do with any theory, and we found it wanting. So we decided to drop it and move onto something else. Also, the fact the Bible is not inerrant in now way prohibits its inspirational quality. I think it was Karl Barth who said there were errors on every page of Scripture and he was glad of that, as otherwise the Bible would stand on an equal par with God. It may or may not speak to us. It's up to God. It's like and old radio, that itself is weak, but. given a strong-enough signal from God, can be most enlightening. I and many others are not about to make a Paper Pope out of the Bible, or get involved with any form of the bibliolatry that goes on in fundamentalist circles, well meaning as they may be. Furthermore, I don't see any possible way the Bible can be considered in terms of its outmoded cosmology, with a flat earth at the the very center of the universe, everything else revolving around it, etc. C'mon nobody believes that anymore. I am not troubled by that, I do not think the Bible was intended to be a geophysical witness. The purpose of the Bible is to focus on God's salvific acts in human history, not nature.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
In the context of the Ten Commandments there is absolutely no reason and no excuse to regard day as anything other than a normal, natural 24 hour day, and that is why non-conservative Brown-Driver-Briggs has given that as "a working day". It may mean something else in other contexts, but not within the Ten Commandments and not within Genesis chapter one either.

The Ten Commandments were given to the people of Israel who taught us that NO one could obey all of them perfectly. That is WHY Jesus had to DIE to save us from our sins. The Ten Commandments are found in God's Holy Word which defines Day, as the word Yowm in Hebrew. Yowm can be 12 hours, 24 hours, a lifetime or Eternity since it is a period of time.

A good example is the current 6th Day/Age in the creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven. The 6th Day began when Jesus made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them. The 6th Day will NOT end until AFTER Jesus changes EVERY living creature into a veggie eater, at the end of the present 6th Day. Gen 1:30 Amen?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Ten Commandments were given to the people of Israel who taught us that NO one could obey all of them perfectly...
And that's not the issue. The people of Israel always treated the days in the Ten Commandments as literal 24 hour days, and that is how they observed the Sabbath. It was one 24 hour day -- the last day of the week -- beginning at sunset and ending on the following sunset. God provided both Israel and humanity a pattern for their work week -- six days of labor and one day of rest. That is why He specifically created for six literal 24-hour days, and rested in the 7th day.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
And that's not the issue. The people of Israel always treated the days in the Ten Commandments as literal 24 hour days, and that is how they observed the Sabbath. It was one 24 hour day -- the last day of the week -- beginning at sunset and ending on the following sunset. God provided both Israel and humanity a pattern for their work week -- six days of labor and one day of rest. That is why He specifically created for six literal 24-hour days, and rested in the 7th day.

Why did God rest? Have you noticed that Gen 2:2-3 tells us that God rests (ceases) from ALL of His work of creating on the 7th Day. God's work is creating, and today the Trinity continues in God's work of creating Adam (mankind) in Christ Spiritually. Gen 1:27

Can you please tell us HOW God can still be creating today since you seem to be telling us that God rested (ceased creating) sometime in the Past? IF God rested from ALL of His work of creating, in the past, HOW can one be born again Spiritually in Christ Today?

It takes the AGREEMENT of the Father, Son, AND Holy Spirit to create a new creature in Christ. Gen 1:26 AND John 14:16 God rest is future and comes AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth to fulfill the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 at the end of the present 6th Age in the Creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven. Jesus will change all creatures into vegetarians. Gen 1:30 and Isaiah 11:6

God will NOT rest (cease creating) from ALL of His work until His creation is finished, or in Hebrew is brought to perfection and Heaven is filled with ALL of it's host as the following verse states:

Gen 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and ALL the host of them.

See? Christians are a major part of the host of Heaven. When God's work is brought to perfection, after Jesus returns, and ALL Christians are safely in Heaven, God will CEASE creating it's host, for Heaven will finally be made perfect. God will NOT rest until His work is finished. He will continue to create people in Christ until Jesus returns. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Now, really--where does it say God ceased creating for all time everywhere???---He ceased creating His creation week--He instituted His weekly Sabbath as an example to mankind since He created the Sabbath rest for man, not for Himself and not man for the Sabbath. Nothing states that He didn't turn around and start creating something else right after that!---like a whole other world somewhere. He is the Creator God, He creates, nice hobby. He only ceased physical work on this planet, He ceased because everything was perfect and you can't improve on perfection. Spiritual creating is a whole different thing--that is not physical creation. Spiritual is only the learning of the already created human brain to think along another line of thinking. Again, to deny that God Almighty has the power to create a world in 6 days is to deny who He is. He is ALL powerful, He spoke this world into existence, didn't take millions of years. His word is power, what He says is. If He says "peace be still"--the stormy sea calms--When He created each day it says 'HE SAW IT WAS GOOD"---It was created, He saw what He brought forth, and He declared it good.--done. Not in millions of years on down the road, He saw it finished after each step. Evening and morning--not eons and eons.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Now, really--where does it say God ceased creating for all time everywhere???

Here is God's Word on it:

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from ***ALL** his work which He had made. Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from ***ALL*** His work which God created and made.

If God has already rested (Heb-ceased) from ALL of His creating, then HOW can one be saved today since it takes the AGREEMENT of the Trinity to Create a New Creature in Christ? Gen 1:26 and John 14:16 God will NOT rest (cease creating) from ALL of His work of creating, until Adam (mankind) fills the 3rd Heaven. Then the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 can be fulfilled since those events cannot happen until Jesus changes every living creature into a vegetarian, Gen 1:30 and Isa 11:7 at the end of the present 6th Age.

---He ceased creating His creation week--

Amen, except His rest is still FUTURE to our time and cannot happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet. IOW, God's 6 Day Creation Week continues at the end of the present 6th Day.

--- He instituted His weekly Sabbath as an example to mankind since He created the Sabbath rest for man, not for Himself and not man for the Sabbath. Nothing states that He didn't turn around and start creating something else right after that!---like a whole other world somewhere.

God rests from ALL of His work because at the end of the present 6th Age, God's Creation will be finished (brought to perfection). Heaven will be made perfect and filled with it's "host" which includes ALL Christians since we are an important part of the host of heaven.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and ***ALL*** the host of them.

ALL of God's works end up in perfection in the end. He wouldn't be God if they didn't. Amen?

--- He is the Creator God, He creates, nice hobby. He only ceased physical work on this planet, He ceased because everything was perfect and you can't improve on perfection.

He could also see the future when mankind would live in sin, sickness, disease and death. How could He think everything was perfect when it had just begun? God is not a man since sees the end from the beginning. Isa 46:10

--- Spiritual creating is a whole different thing--that is not physical creation. Spiritual is only the learning of the already created human brain to think along another line of thinking. Again, to deny that God Almighty has the power to create a world in 6 days is to deny who He is. He is ALL powerful, He spoke this world into existence, didn't take millions of years. His word is power, what He says is. If He says "peace be still"--the stormy sea calms--When He created each day it says 'HE SAW IT WAS GOOD"---It was created, He saw what He brought forth, and He declared it good.--done. Not in millions of years on down the road, He saw it finished after each step. Evening and morning--not eons and eons.

Creating requires the AGREEMENT of the Trinity which shows that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are still creating mankind in Christ Spiritually. Christians are not just made over but are an entirely New Creation, created Eternally, Spiritually, in Christ.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ***ALL*** things are become new.

Haven't noticed the ALLs up to now. Have you. Amen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's all been explained to you and shown to you with scriptures that you are very much mistaken---You present the same old statements, totally ignoring the truth---nothing has changed in your thinking, or mine.
He ceased His creation week, spiritual is not creating a new thing, it is still the same old brain with the same old body. It says :2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ***ALL*** things are become new.
Did "All" become new?---nope. Just ones way of thinking. All thinking changes. Someone who accepted Christ on their death bed is become a new creature in Christ---He'll still die of his disease--the body is not made new--no it is nit "all"--just all thinking. And even if takes all three to agree in creating--so what. They only ceased physical creation on this planet--all creation on this planet, physical creation ceased--spiritual is not the same as physical, but you believe whatever you want. I'll not go back to endless bickering with you.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
It's all been explained to you and shown to you with scriptures that you are very much mistaken---You present the same old statements, totally ignoring the truth---nothing has changed in your thinking, or mine.

False, since No one has presented Scriptures which REFUTE (prove wrong) the Scriptural FACT that we live Today at Gen 1:27 because God is STILL working to make His perfect Heaven perfect, and to fill it with perfect mankind. You have failed to show us WHEN in the past EVERY living creature was a vegetarian or WHEN in the past mankind has had dominion or rule over mosquitoes, viruses, or Angels. IOW, Since you CANNOT show that Gen 1:28-31 has already happened, your view is totally REFUTED Scripturally since those verses are telling us of FUTURE events at the end of the present 6th Day, the Day of Salvation.

*** He ceased His creation week, spiritual is not creating a new thing, it is still the same old brain with the same old body. It says :2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ***ALL*** things are become new.
Did "All" become new?---nope. Just ones way of thinking. All thinking changes. Someone who accepted Christ on their death bed is become a new creature in Christ---He'll still die of his disease--the body is not made new--no it is nit "all"--just all thinking. And even if takes all three to agree in creating--so what. They only ceased physical creation on this planet--all creation on this planet, physical creation ceased--spiritual is not the same as physical, but you believe whatever you want. I'll not go back to endless bickering with you.

Then Refute me Scripturally and I will admit to being wrong. I am a New Creature since I have been born again Spiritually and Eternally. This means that I will NEVER die, according to Jesus. I may leave this lost and dying world, but I will NEVER die because I believeth Jesus Who said:

Jhn 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Do you believe that Christians are Immortal NOW as Jesus said? Or do you prefer the musings of MEN who continue to CLAIM that you are going to die? Do you also reject the Rapture of the body of believers in Jesus Christ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why should "yowm" be converted to "period of labor" when the plain meaning is day in the context of the Ten Commandments? That is really stretching it. Both Strong's Concordance and the Brown-Driver-Briggs lexicon (not exactly conservative)confirm that this is a simple 24-hour working day.

There is absolutely no reason to stretch out the days of creation when God restricts them with "evening and morning" which can only mean 24 hours.

Strong's Concordance

yom: day
Original Word: יוֹם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yom
Phonetic Spelling: (yome)
Short Definition: day

Brown-Driver-Briggs
Day as division of time:

a. working-day Exodus 20:9,10 (E) =Deuteronomy 5:18; Exodus 16:26,30 (twice in verse) (J), Exodus 23:12 (JE), Exodus 31:15 (P),Leviticus 23:3 (H); יְמֵי הַמַּעֲשֶׂה Ezekiel 46:1.

Amen "Six days you shall labor" --- "For in six days the Lord made" -- Ex 20:8-11. Same author, same book, same context, same commandment. No "excuse" at all can be found of injecting "periods of indefinite time" as the meaning for "day" in Ex 20.

Interesting - I contacted one of the Hebrew Scholars in Israel regarding the term "YOM" as it is used in Ex 20 asking if the language supported such eisegetical insert - and he also affirmed that there is nothing in the language of the text to suggest such a bend-wrench of the text.

This is also Jame's Barr's view of the Genesis account for creation week.

Reactions: Job8
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is NOT an assumption to regard Genesis 1 as an overview and Genesis 2 as focused on Eden and mankind. A plain reading of the text makes this perfectly clear.

Even today, many authors will provide an initial overview of their subject, and then follow up with focused details. And Genesis 3 is not simply a continuation of the narrative but describes something that happened either very shortly after creation, or within a relatively small time span.

Indeed - all options "but a self-conflicted option" are rejected by those who prefer to find contradiction in the two chapters of Genesis (which were never written as "two chapters" to start with).

Reactions: Job8
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, Bob, but I can make no sense at al out of your approach. It may satisfy you, but it just doesn't with me.

Each person has free will and can choose as they please -- I am not arguing that you have to accept the details in the text that I am highlighting.

But I note that a few other posters here seem to have much less difficulty making sense out of those details.

I5t seems that you are claiming the author on one page used one chronology and then, for some reason, started jumping around on the next.

Not at all. I claim that only Gen 1:2-2:4 is a time boxed chronological sequence and that NO other timeboxed chronological sequence is given at all - as a counter/opposing/alternate account of the creation of all the elements listed in the 7 day creation week account.

There is an obvious "drill down" focus starting in
Gen 1:1 with the entire universe.
Gen 1:2-2:4 -- earth, the sun, the moon and all life on earth.
Gen 2:5-2:25 - Eden - Marriage, the Law of Eden.

In Genesis 2 man exists - and so also do the birds and fish of Genesis 1. So also do elements like oxygen and oceans of Genesis 1 - exist in Genesis 2.

To insert "fluff" into the Bible claiming that in Genesis 2 nothing exists that was listed in Genesis 1 -- unless it is "repeated" - relies on a logic that I find "illusive" and less than objective.

OK, fine, Then why do you assume 2 is a further explication of 1? The way you have it, it's a totally different ballgame.

Because there are details in Genesis 2 (such as marriage for the man and woman of Genesis 1, and such as the tree of Life) not mentioned in Genesis 1.

I think this point is obvious enough for both sides to admit.

You raised a good point about why someone would put tow contradictory accounts together. The reason is that Judaism has two of everything.

That is not a reason - it is sidestepping. It is not true that Judaism has the Messiah as being both good and evil -- for example.

"Two" is not the explanation. Because the effort you are trying to sustain is "TWO conflicted and contradictory to each other" you mean to justify that with merely "two". Doing so is glossing over the salient point of your own argument, you "assume it" rather than proving it.

Given three rabbis, you get 5 opinions, so to speak. Judaism had two conflicting nations: Israel and Judah.

Again misdirection - you would need "TWO self-conflicted and contradictory accounts for Judah's origin" try get that bit of equivocation to fly. I think we both know that.

Israel produced two different Bibles: Pentateuch and Septuagint.

Wrong again.

The first 5 books of the Bible are included in the Greek Septuagint - LXX. You are conflating the process of translating that Pentateuch from Hebrew to the greek of the Septuagint with the idea of "two conflicted versions of the text of the Pentateuch" as if "translating was a form of "contradiction".

We both know that is totally false.

Judaism actually did present two different list of commandments. There are 11 Commandments, for example, in the Samaritan Pentateuch.

misdirection again.

We both know that there is no numbering at all of the commandments in either Hebrew, or Greek or modern translations.
We both know that the Samaritans were a hybrid group and as John 4 states they were at odds with the Jews - no way to blame the Jews for what the apostate Samaritans were producing after they returned in a hybrid form from Assyrian captivity. Christ said of them "you worship what you do not know - we (Jews) worship what we know.. salvation is of the Jews" John 4.

As I am sure we are both aware.

The biblical redactors butt edited them together, because they were trying to pull everyone into a unity by representing both sides here.

I find that speculation - rather odd. It is illogical for some later group to "Assemble a Bible that starts off being self-conflicted and contradictory" as if that is the best way to get it accepted as valid.

Imagine the Ten Commandments starting off with "I Am the God that brought you out of Egypt -- no I am not the God that brought you out of Egypt" as the "best way" to present the LAW of God - as valid, legit, accepted.

The problem with the "contradictory and self-conflicted Bible" solution -- is that there is not even a rationale for doing it.

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Amen "Six days you shall labor" --- "For in six days the Lord made" -- Ex 20:8-11. Same author, same book, same context, same commandment. No "excuse" at all can be found of injecting "periods of indefinite time" as the meaning for "day" in Ex 20.

Exodus is speaking to MEN, who are subject to the movement of the Earth on it's axis. God, because He is in the 3rd Heaven is NOT subject to the movement of our Earth doesn't measure time the same a men do. God has but 6 Days, which are better understood as Ages, because God creates EVERYthing and everyone, who is among ALL the HOST, of Heaven. When the host is complete, the 6th Day will end. Gen 2:1

>>>>Interesting - I contacted one of the Hebrew Scholars in Israel regarding the term "YOM" as it is used in Ex 20 asking if the language supported such eisegetical insert - and he also affirmed that there is nothing in the language of the text to suggest such a bend-wrench of the text.

This is also Jame's Barr's view of the Genesis account for creation week.<<

All Jewish theologians and those who accept their ancient views, teach that each Day is 24 hours....BUT...No man can explain WHEN the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 happened. In fact, Isaiah 11 shows that all creatures becoming vegetarians is FUTURE to our time and happens when Jesus returns. Amen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Ex 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Notice "FOR IN" drives the point home - that man is to do exactly as God did - working six days and resting on the 7th day. A 7 day creation week - set in stone - in LAW.

Exodus is speaking to MEN, who are subject to the movement of the Earth on it's axis. God, because He is in the 3rd Heaven is NOT subject to the movement of our Earth

Your response to Ex 20:8-11 is of the form "on the contrary...".

You can choose that route if you wish -- you have free will.

Upvote 0