Not open for further replies.

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I am finding out that xmas is a sin, is it??

Unveiling the Christmas Storyi
By Shannon Achey
The festival of Christmas was celebrated by pagan
sun worshipers long before Yeshua Messiah was ever born.
It was originally called Saturnalia, or Paganalia. A great
compromise started when the early Christians at Rome
sought for a way to convert more pagans into Christianity.
They knew that the pagans celebrated Saturnalia in late
December, so they set the birth date of Yeshua to fall at
that time. These pagans worshiped their sun god on
December 25, as they kept the festival of Saturnalia. So the
church at Rome set Yeshua’s birth date to be on December
25. They believed that this was a way to gain more converts
to Messiah. However, their intent was to increase the size of
the Roman church. This act allowed two major religions to
become united, and everyone was happy, except for YHWH!
This was one of many compromises done to keep peace
between the different religions.
"After the triumph of Constantine, the church at
Rome assigned December 25 as the date for the
celebration of the feast (Messiah’s birth), possibly
about 320 A. D. or 353 A. D. By the end of the fourth
century the whole Christian world was celebrating
Christmas on that day…. The choice of December 25
was probably influenced by the fact that on this day
the Romans celebrated the Mithraic feast of their sungod
(Mithras), and that SATURNALIA also came at this
time", from Collier's Encyclopedia.

Our Father says very clearly do not take a pagan feast and change it to worship Him.

And he did give us specific days that are Holy to Him
Liv23.

Jer
10:3 For the customs of the people are vanity. For one cuts a tree out
of the forest with the axe, the work of the hands of the craftsman.
Jer 10:4 They adorn it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and hammers, so that it will not wobble.
Jer
10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, and they cannot speak; carrying
they must be carried, because they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of
them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good†.

Reactions: tatteredsoul

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While there is no law saying, "Thou shalt not celebrate xmas," our Father does desire that we worship Him in truth (John 4:23-24). Xmas is not true. We are also told the following;

"Learn not the way of the heathen . . ." (Jeremiah 10:2).

"Lie not one to another . . ." (Colossians 3:9).

"Therefore, putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor . . . " (Ephesians 4:25).

"And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables" ( II Timothy 4:4).

Therefore, it is a sin to lie. When we tell our children that December 25th is Yeshua's birthday, it is sin.

Upvote 0

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks but for most folks by celebrating xmas, it is only a festive time of the year not at all directly worshipping any sun god. As parents we do it especially for kids so I am not seeing any harm in it since there is no commandment forbidding it? Also because people especially do good things for others during that time of the year so how can it be bad?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Xmas is not true.

Christmas is as true as we make it. As eating meat offered to idols is not a sin because we know perfectly well there are no other Gods, nor is Christmas unless you are worshiping the sun god, and no one I know ever has.

The folks that are spreading that junk around are just another bunch of "higher Knowledge" individuals that like to amaze people with amazing truths some are not aware of, makes em' look good/holy. And just as often happens, it's not even the truth telling someone celebrating the birth of Christ is a sin.

At least I don't buy it...not for a moment.

Upvote 0

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand the concept of xmas day not being Jesus actual birthday, I have no denial on that part or the origination of xmas. What I am querying is why is it so bad or a sin when so much good comes out of it? Think for example of the many hungry and homeless people who get help during xmas time, not to mention the kids in the hospitals who gets presents to bring some sunshine into their lives?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Plenty of good comes out
I understand the concept of xmas day not being Jesus actual birthday, I have no denial on that part or the origination of xmas. What I am querying is why is it so bad or a sin when so much good comes out of it? Think for example of the many hungry and homeless people who get help during xmas time, not to mention the kids in the hospitals who gets presents to bring some sunshine into their lives?
Much good comes out of people working on the holy Sabbath Day, but that doesn't make it an acceptable thing to do in our Father's sight.

The hungry and helpless should be cared for 365 days a year, not just in December.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christmas is as true as we make it.
We can make anything false true. That's what people did in making Sunday the new Sabbath.

As eating meat offered to idols is not a sin because we know perfectly well there are no other Gods, nor is Christmas unless you are worshiping the sun god, and no one I know ever has.
If you feel so strongly about the need to celebrate Messiah's birth (even though we are told to remember his death, not his birth), then why don't you do it around the Feast of Tabernacles when he was really born?

The folks that are spreading that junk around are just another bunch of "higher Knowledge" individuals that like to amaze people with amazing truths some are not aware of, makes em' look good/holy.
You are judging people's hearts when you don't know their intent.

And just as often happens, it's not even the truth telling someone celebrating the birth of Christ is a sin.
However, it IS truth to tell someone it is a sin to lie to your children and tell them Messiah was born on December 25 or that Santa Claus brought them gifts, etc.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can make anything false true. That's what people did in making Sunday the new Sabbath.

Your point? So lets not do that. :)

If you feel so strongly about the need to celebrate Messiah's birth (even though we are told to remember his death, not his birth), then why don't you do it around the Feast of Tabernacles when he was really born?

Or I could just go with what man has celebrated for a long time now, their Saviors birth. It's a man made holiday, so what? Why is that bad. How can it be bad?

You are judging people's hearts when you don't know their intent.

I am stating fact and only about the ones with those intentions, it's not everyone but I've see how this stuff get's started and I will come out with it when I feel necessary. It covers a lot of areas. I've seen these "higher knowledge" people and what's really in their hearts, what their agenda is and some of it's not good. If that isn't you then I'm not speaking of you, if it is, I am.

However, it IS truth to tell someone it is a sin to lie to your children and tell them Messiah was born on December 25 or that Santa Claus brought them gifts, etc.

Oh please, you're clutching at straws now. My parents didn't mention it one way or the other. Just because it's celebrated on the 25th doesn't mean we all even come close to thinking that's when his birth was.

Speaking of which, when exactly WAS Jesus born?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your point?
My point is, let's not make something false like xmas true.

Or I could just go with what man has celebrated for a long time now, their Saviors birth. It's a man made holiday, so what? Why is that bad. How can it be bad?
If liars will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven, how could anything based on lies be good? Satan is the father of lies. Therefore, he deceived the church into observing such a fictitious holiday.

I am stating fact and only about the ones with those intentions, it's not everyone but I've see how this stuff get's started and I will come out with it when I feel necessary. It covers a lot of areas. I've seen these "higher knowledge" people and what's really in their hearts, what their agenda is and some of it's not good. If that isn't you then I'm not speaking of you, if it is, I am.
My intent is to help brethren break free from the grip of false traditions and walk in the truth as our Father desires us to. That may entail exposing xmas, easter, a Sunday Sabbath, false names like "the LORD" or "Jesus", etc.

Oh please, you're clutching at straws now. My parents didn't mention it one way or the other. Just because it's celebrated on the 25th doesn't mean we all even come close to thinking that's when his birth was.

Speaking of which, when exactly WAS Jesus born?
My statement was fact, but I did not even remotely suggest that everyone lies to their children. You know full well that there are many professing Christians that tell their children December 25th is "Jesus' birthday". I'm glad you are not one of them.

As for his true date of birth, no one knows with certainty, but a good case can be made for Sept/Oct around the Feast of Tabernacles.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Wouldn't it be awesome if the whole world celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles with generosity, kindness, and love to their fellow neighbors all the while praising God for sending His only Begotten Son? Let's do pageantries of the wise men, the baby in the manger, and sing all the Christmas songs of His birth. Let's just move the celebration to more in line with when He was born.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there is no law saying, "Thou shalt not celebrate xmas," our Father does desire that we worship Him in truth (John 4:23-24). Xmas is not true. We are also told the following;

"Learn not the way of the heathen . . ." (Jeremiah 10:2).

"Lie not one to another . . ." (Colossians 3:9).

"Therefore, putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor . . . " (Ephesians 4:25).

"And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables" ( II Timothy 4:4).

Therefore, it is a sin to lie. When we tell our children that December 25th is Yeshua's birthday, it is sin.

It's not a sin if it's not a lie and they believe he was born on Christmas Day ...

Santa Claus is a lie :)

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is, let's not make something false like xmas true.

If liars will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven, how could anything based on lies be good? Satan is the father of lies. Therefore, he deceived the church into observing such a fictitious holiday.

My intent is to help brethren break free from the grip of false traditions and walk in the truth as our Father desires us to. That may entail exposing xmas, easter, a Sunday Sabbath, false names like "the LORD" or "Jesus", etc.

My statement was fact, but I did not even remotely suggest that everyone lies to their children. You know full well that there are many professing Christians that tell their children December 25th is "Jesus' birthday". I'm glad you are not one of them.

As for his true date of birth, no one knows with certainty, but a good case can be made for Sept/Oct around the Feast of Tabernacles.

What case suggest Jesus was born on tabernacles?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
It's not a sin if it's not a lie and they believe he was born on Christmas Day ...
Santa Claus is a lie :)
Exactly, and I taught my kids, all four of them, what Santa Claus was and why we did not include Santa Claus in our Christmas celebrations.
That's what they learned and they had absolutely no problem with it when they were young, and today they have no problem with it as they teach their own children.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's what I am thinking so far guys, no one knows the birth date of Jesus so we all should celebrate the birth and life of Jesus every single day of our lives but is it a sin to put up a xmas tree for the kids, give them presents, sing xmas carols in remembrance of Jesus so celebrate the entire xmas season with all the good it brings if YOUR purpose is to simply celebrate the life of Jesus? I cannot see God will drop the hammer on us for celebrating the life of Jesus?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's what I am thinking so far guys, no one knows the birth date of Jesus so we all should celebrate the birth and life of Jesus every single day of our lives but is it a sin to put up a xmas tree for the kids, give them presents, sing xmas carols in remembrance of Jesus so celebrate the entire xmas season with all the good it brings if YOUR purpose is to simply celebrate the life of Jesus? I cannot see God will drop the hammer on us for celebrating the life of Jesus?

If you believe it is a sin then you shouldn't do it

If we walk in our lyberty in Christ it is not sin to give gifts to your children as a reminder of how God gave his son as a gift for us... We should teach our children properly as best we know how .. Peace

Upvote 0

curious mike

Oct 30, 2015
✟19,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe in my heart that celebrating Jesus at xmas time is a sin, I don't see all the frills associated with it is bad in any way if we can keep away from lying about Santa and Christ's birthday and significance of the tree and all that. Meaning I have always looked only at all the good things, people generally being good to each other, caring about others, helping the poor, the homeless, the sick, happiness and excitement of the children e.t.c.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.