✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does it have to be pie?

sorry, I finished the brownies already. We do have some cupcakes, ice cream and popcycles. We could make some more brownies and fresh bread. Of course, that's just working with what I have, all donations are welcome. :yum:

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
I got this rep message for the above post from a poster I don't even know!

Perhaps I need to just quit posting on CF for awhile.........God bless

is Calvinism holding... 5th June 2009 07:29 PM Preparingthepeople "your pathetic"
You have to have thick skin to post in a place as wicked as this, me thinks.

Aligator hide is what it takes.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
If anything is holding back the church it is liberal agendas that create a fear to call sin a sin and hold people accountable. There is a general unwillingness to stand for the truth and be offensive when necessary.

I'm going through a bit of a challenge with a young church right now that has taken Matthew 5 and "turn the other cheek" as an excuse to not exercise church discipline.

Things may soon be coming to a head in this matter too, one that might require I step away from that congregation.

Pray for me, please.:pray:

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I get reported everytime i say the word ....:o....shhh

(((catholic)))

:idea:

Hey, all I have to do is log in and I get reported by my entire RC and Arminian fan club.
7.gif

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

fedora.jpg

Just a reminder from one of the bad guys. Either get back on topic and stop discussing, or complaining about, staff actions, or this will be shut down.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Anyways, back on topic. I don't think Calvinism is capable of holding anything back. It's main focus is on the character of God and His role in the lives of people. If anything is holding back the church it is liberal agendas that create a fear to call sin a sin and hold people accountable. There is a general unwillingness to stand for the truth and be offensive when necessary.

Political correctness and false "tolerance" has turned things upside down for sure, and the ecumenism movement is steeped in both.

Upvote 0

TraderJack

Apr 19, 2007
✟5,455.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I agree in full. :thumbsup:

The liberal protestants are in just as much error as the Roman Catholics due to their utter disrespect for scripture. Going beyond scripture or taking away from scripture, since the apostles passes on, has always been what led to heresy. We see that now in the Roman Catholic denomination and in the liberal ecumenical protestant denominations alike. Their errors are diferent but equally grevious to the truth, and both groups find themselves steeped in heresy and unbelief.

What we have witnessed is the pelagian and semi-pelagian takeover of the visible church, both rejecting the Sovereignty, Holiness and Free Will of God, in favor of exalting man's will. Seems a serpent told the woman something like that in the beginning.

Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What we have witnessed is the pelagian and semi-pelagian takeover of the visible church, both rejecting the Sovereignty, Holiness and Free Will of God, in favor of exalting man's will. Seems a serpent told the woman something like that in the beginning.

Ohhh It's the Free Will Church's that have helped give away to all this Liberalism going in the Christian Church's? That's pretty funny since homosexuality tolerance among the clergy and among marriage began in the Reformed Church's, The Congregational, the Presbyterians, and to a certain degree the Episcopalians.

Last I checked gay clergy and gay marriages were not allowed or condoned in the UMC, The RCC the Orthodox the Free Will Baptist, Assem. of God etc.

It seems it's your camp that has the problem

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Political correctness and false "tolerance" has turned things upside down for sure, and the ecumenism movement is steeped in both.

You are right, it's time to meet back at headquaters to come up with a plan against all these Free Willy's

outlaws.freemen.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ohhh It's the Free Will Church's that have helped give away to all this Liberalism going in the Christian Church's? That's pretty funny since homosexuality tolerance among the clergy and among marriage began in the Reformed Church's, The Congragationals, the Presbartyrians, and to a certain degree the Espiscopalians.
You are intimately familiar with each of these churches, eh? And how about the Babdists while we
are at it? :sigh:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You are right, it's time to meet back at headquaters to come up with a plan against all these Free Willy's

outlaws.freemen.jpg
I keep trying to find it, but they keep moving.

Upvote 0

peace4ever

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
there seems to be a consistent theme within the discussion of Calvinism/Calvinists...

"Humanity is completely incompetent, completely useless and completely incapable of any good"

I've also noticed this coming from Calvinist sermons as well

I truly believe that we are living in the most important time in all of history and that the church has a lot of work to do and it needs to believe in itself and the amazing gift that God has given us

we need to be diligent to work towards completion(which is only possible with God's grace)

to me it seems as though Calvinism creates an excuse for weaknesses and even attempts to hold us down in a negative mindset

we are God's creation and that in itself is evidence of our worth and ability

Actually, that comes from the bible; Romans 3:11, Mark 10:18 and many other verses as well. After all, one doesn't need the cross if he thinks he is good. So Calvinists just preach the bible. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.