Is inappropriate behavior with animals bad?

Mcrfan343

Jesus Freak for life.
Feb 22, 2012
Lovely state of North Carolina
✟15,538.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't recall reading anything in the Bible about inappropriate behavior with animals, unless I didn't look hard enough. Is it sinful to be into that kind of thing? And is it wrong to have a fetish for furry fandom?

Here's a link if you don't know what furry fandom means.
Furry fandom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and I'm not into inappropriate behavior with animals or furry fandom. Just pointing that out.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't recall reading anything in the Bible about inappropriate behavior with animals, unless I didn't look hard enough. Is it sinful to be into that kind of thing? And is it wrong to have a fetish for furry fandom?

Here's a link if you don't know what furry fandom means.
Furry fandom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and I'm not into inappropriate behavior with animals or furry fandom. Just pointing that out.

it's ok if it's between 2 beasts---
If one happens to be human--then they would have stoned the both of you.
Now you get thrown in jail, and the animal put down--at least that's what happened with some guy and his rotweiler--it's considered cruelty to animals and I think the poor dog was injured. It's in Leviticus and I do not feel like looking it up!!

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Paul speaks of "sexual immorality" in the Bible (sometimes just rendered "immorality"), I believe he is referenceing the entirety of the sexual deviancy listed in Leviticus 18... at least take a look at that chapter, and ask yourself where the Jewish Apostles would have gotten their idea of sexual immorality that they commanded the gentile believers to abstain from in Acts 15:23-31.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

inappropriate behavior with animals cannot fall under the Levitical prohibitions because most of those were directed at the pagan public worship practices. The Old Law was nailed to the cross by Christ (Col. 2:14).

The practice can be prohibited by secular society in our civil laws. It may be because it is feared that animal abuse may occur, or, it may be dangerous for the person practicing this. I think it was a Russian woman in the past that enjoyed this practice with male horses...until one day the animal fell on her and she was crushed. Anyway, it can be looked up in the history books somewhere, I can't remember where.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If one needs a fairly straightforward, rational, argument against it it would be this: There can be no mutual consent, and thus by nearly all definitions would fall under a category of rape.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AndrewZinc

Oct 1, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
✟8,026.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

inappropriate behavior with animals cannot fall under the Levitical prohibitions because most of those were directed at the pagan public worship practices. The Old Law was nailed to the cross by Christ (Col. 2:14).

While you are correct about the law, us now being under grace, that doesn't mean we can't see God's opinion about some of the practises mentioned in Leviticus.

I would suggest that based on that verse, it is certainly wrong (a sin) along with other sexual practices (e.g. sex with a parent). Just look to Genesis, woman was made for man and God brought us together. Animals, however, are under our authority but not to be abused which I would argue that inappropriate behavior with animals is.

Upvote 0

Tomas de Torquemada

Jul 3, 2012
✟600.00
Faith
Catholic
You can already stave in a cow's head, eat its flesh, and turns its hide into over priced boots. And you don't need "consent" for any of that.

This is one example in which harm/consent based morality fails. inappropriate behavior with animals is wrong because it is degenerate, an abomination to the natural order.

Upvote 0
L

Leap

You can already stave in a cow's head, eat its flesh, and turns its hide into over priced boots. And you don't need "consent" for any of that.

This is one example in which harm/consent based morality fails. inappropriate behavior with animals is wrong because it is degenerate, an abomination to the natural order.

Indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian

Another PETA recruit in the making.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Indeed. It is a point that I have repeatedly made myself (and I have no intention of joining PETA until it becomes "People for the Eating of Tastey Animals" :D).
Ok smart guy, why don't YOU tell us why inappropriate behavior with animals is immoral, if not for the consent issue?

Upvote 0
L

Leap

Ok smart guy, why don't YOU tell us why inappropriate behavior with animals is immoral, if not for the consent issue?

Well, Tomas de Torquemada has clearly shown how it cannot be a consent issue, given that we already kill, eat and make clothes of animals without their consent.

It is immoral because God says that it is; "Whosoever copulateth with a beast shall be put to death." (Ex 22:19), "Thou shalt not copulate with any beast, neither shalt thou be defiled with it. A woman shall not lie down to a beast, nor copulate with it: because it is a heinous crime" (Lev 18:23), "Cursed be he that lieth with any beast" (Deu 27:21).

Pretty clear on Biblical grounds, really. There is no 'wriggle room' there. When will liberals get it - morality is defined by God, not by us. The idea that it should be defined by us is the issue that arose in Eden...where we were tempted to declare for ourselves what is Good and Evil rather than follow and trust (ie: be faithful to and have faith in) God's lead on this matter.

Upvote 0