Visit site
✟15,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
While a couple of prominent figures experienced astral projection (more commonly referred to as an "out-of-body-experience) such as the Apostle Paul and John of Patmos, these were experiences initiated by God to show these men revelations of His truth. The entire book of Revelation is a vision of the future that John sees through God's will. In 2 Corinthians 12:1-4, Paul tells of visions from God.

Trying to achieve such an experience voluntary through your own will is most definitely sinful. Trying to detach your spiritual body from your physical body into unknown planes of existence is very dangerous. God doesn't command us to do things to ruin our fun, but instead as safety instructions. In Job 4:12-21, Eliphaz is visited by a spirit that lies to him by saying that God doesn't care about us like He says so. Jeremiah 17:9 tells about how the human heart is desperately wicked and is not to be trusted. Paul tells the church of Corinth in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 that the knowledge and wisdom he bestows upon them is not of his own, but is from God.

So to practice astral projection (something we as humans do not fully understand or can control) is disobeying God's command not to practice sorcery, which is what it is regardless of modern interpretations. He commands us these things not to make our lives dull and boring, but so that we come to Him for all we need and to stay away from things that can harm us and lead us astray.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Astral Projection sounds a bit too much like "sorcery", but I'm no expert on the subject. I would never try it because I'll let God do that. He did it to me once, and it was so cool. But I know it wouldn't be as cool if I could do it on my own. So I wouldn't do it. But if it is helping you with like anger problems or you are meditating on God alone(which is something I do), then I would stop before you go down a wrong path.

Upvote 0

Wolf24

Warrior of the Gods
Nov 4, 2012
High in the Rockies
✟15,127.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do this thing called astral projection, which is where I meditate and try to achieve an altered state of conciousness that gives the feeling of being out of one's body. Literally, it feels that there is a separation of me and my body. Is this a sin.

As a Wiccan I practice it on occasion. I have been told by Christians it is somehow divination and therefore bad, but personally it's no more divination than going to look at something with your physical body. You are simply going in spirit to a place that your physical body is unable to travel to at the moment. It may be another place on earth (say if a person is in need and you are unable to physically be there) or some other place beyond the physical realm. I guess in the end you have to make the decision yourself if it conflicts with your beliefs.

Upvote 0

Godzila

See, I make all things New!
Apr 2, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
✟16,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i would imagine, since we're noobs with our astral projected self....
we can easily be overpowered by interdimensional beings if we ever attempt such a thing.

Plus, if i'm not mistaken, astral project is forbidden knowledge taught by them angels to men.

Upvote 0

Justaprophet

Justaprophet
Nov 23, 2012
London
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While a couple of prominent figures experienced astral projection (more commonly referred to as an "out-of-body-experience) such as the Apostle Paul and John of Patmos, these were experiences initiated by God to show these men revelations of His truth. The entire book of Revelation is a vision of the future that John sees through God's will. In 2 Corinthians 12:1-4, Paul tells of visions from God.

Trying to achieve such an experience voluntary through your own will is most definitely sinful. Trying to detach your spiritual body from your physical body into unknown planes of existence is very dangerous. God doesn't command us to do things to ruin our fun, but instead as safety instructions. In Job 4:12-21, Eliphaz is visited by a spirit that lies to him by saying that God doesn't care about us like He says so. Jeremiah 17:9 tells about how the human heart is desperately wicked and is not to be trusted. Paul tells the church of Corinth in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 that the knowledge and wisdom he bestows upon them is not of his own, but is from God.

So to practice astral projection (something we as humans do not fully understand or can control) is disobeying God's command not to practice sorcery, which is what it is regardless of modern interpretations. He commands us these things not to make our lives dull and boring, but so that we come to Him for all we need and to stay away from things that can harm us and lead us astray.

Seconded

Upvote 0

Koffiefrats

Dec 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
✟15,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think there's enough post here to make up your mind, but ill just give my opinion. Practicing in anything that could possibly take you into other realms or detach your spiritual from your physical body I would stay away from. Satan will take chances on any frailties or openings, and the possibility of possession is greatly increased.

Also if you want to, go watch Insidious, i'm sure it will let you think twice about projecting yourself.

The fact that you're asking the question leads me to believe you have doubts, and i'm sure the Holy Spirit has placed those doubts for a reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rebecca rose

Apr 27, 2021
Tucson
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I do this thing called astral projection, which is where I meditate and try to achieve an altered state of conciousness that gives the feeling of being out of one's body. Literally, it feels that there is a separation of me and my body. Is this a sin.
According to the bible it can "open up your body to demons" so it is very strongly recommend against for Christians

Upvote 0