Is anybody else going to wake up really early to read the Apostolic Exhortation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
The NO is save !

The unity of the CC is kept
The liturgy shall reform, but always using the NO

1) This is not the expected Motu Proprio.

2) Having the one would help the other. Those who love the Novus Ordo have nothing more to fear from a liberalization of the Tridentine Mass than a grandson has to fear from a righteous father and grandfather. The only time a son should fear his father is if he is not living up to his heritage.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟34,318.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
1) This is not the expected Motu Proprio.

2) Having the one would help the other. Those who love the Novus Ordo have nothing more to fear from a liberalization of the Tridentine Mass than a grandson has to fear from a righteous father and grandfather. The only time a son should fear his father is if he is not living up to his heritage.

I agree, and I really would like a NO more 'traditional': latin used (soometime), old fashin vestmens, roman canon, incense, back to people: all think that are already possible in the NO.

What I fear with the TLM is a division in the Church of Latin Rite: two difeent Gospels read the Sunday, two different groups of priests, different parishes....the seed of the division shall not be planted.

And if the more 'orthodox' catholics leave the No, the more liberal catholics will be free to go on without remarks....

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I agree, and I really would like a NO more 'traditional': latin used (soometime), old fashin vestmens, roman canon, incense, back to people: all think that are already possible in the NO.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I think the Tridentine being around would help influence this change back to a more reverent Mass. I attend an indult parish and love both masses for different reasons; the Novus Ordo because I believe it to be more accessible, and the Tridentine because I find it to express and draw one into the Sacrifice of Calvary to a higher degree.

What I fear with the TLM is a division in the Church of Latin Rite: two difeent Gospels read the Sunday, two different groups of priests, different parishes....the seed of the division shall not be planted.

I think eventually, and I stress eventually, this would be remedied. Just look at all the talk of organic growth as evidence. No one wants a stagnant Liturgy that understands its purpose. Even Archbishop Lefevbre wasn't opposed to updating the Tridentine Office of Readings and Calendar, but I think the wholesale abandonment of the Latin Mass for almost 40 years now has left those who are endeared to its spirituality distrustful of those changes at this time. Like I said, I believe having them side by side would be a good thing for both Rites. And with different readings available on many, many Sundays in the Novus Ordo, I really don't think the different readings would be a problem, nor do I think conservatives would be leaving in droves for the Tridentine. I do think they would demand more orthodoxy in the Novus Ordo, but I don't think they would abandon it. I'm really excited about the possibilty and see a lot of hope in the coming years.

God Bless,

Neal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.