Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who here believes that the teachings of Anthony Robbins is good for a Christian?

For those who don't know, Robbins is a self-help life coach who teaches us to breakthrough, expand, get bigger and better, pursue our dreams, change our perception in order to help us succeed.

He also believes that nothing has meaning except for the meaning you give it. And he believes God is a woman.

This is definitely part of the reason that I am now skeptical of his teachings...

Anyone wanna weigh in?

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have no problem with the teaching, however we must remember that while this kind of teaching will make you a better you, but it will not get you into heaven. I have sewn Anthony Robbins teachings, along with other business professionals, in following video..

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Superficial, short-term solution to our long term problems. It will work if you get motivated and physically fit. For a while. But how long can you make it last? And how about eternal life? He doesn't answer the big questions.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here are some of my favorite quotations from my Anthony Robbins collection...
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped." -Anthony Robbins
"If you don't set a baseline standard for what you accept in your life, you'll find that its easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that's far below what you deserve." -Anthony Robbins
“In order to succeed, you must have a long term focus.” –Anthony Robbins
"If you really feel comfortable, chances are that you quit growing." -Anthony Robbins
"This is the essence of Transformational Vocabulary the words of our experience become our experience." –Anthony Robbins
"Once accepted, our beliefs become unquestioned commands to our nervous systems, and they have the power to expand or destroy the possibilities of our present and future" -Anthony Robbins
“The path to success is to take massive, determined action." –Anthony Robbins
“The secret to living is giving." -Anthony Robbins

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
teaching that we are a god and control our own destiny.
This is the big one. He fools us into thinking "we" can make it all by ourselves. But how many self-made men get into Heaven?

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here are some of my favorite quotations from my Anthony Robbins collection...
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped." -Anthony Robbins
"If you don't set a baseline standard for what you accept in your life, you'll find that its easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that's far below what you deserve." -Anthony Robbins
“In order to succeed, you must have a long term focus.” –Anthony Robbins
"If you really feel comfortable, chances are that you quit growing." -Anthony Robbins
"This is the essence of Transformational Vocabulary the words of our experience become our experience." –Anthony Robbins
"Once accepted, our beliefs become unquestioned commands to our nervous systems, and they have the power to expand or destroy the possibilities of our present and future" -Anthony Robbins
“The path to success is to take massive, determined action." –Anthony Robbins
“The secret to living is giving." -Anthony Robbins
Great platitudes but they do nothing to lead us to surrender to Jesus...

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I hung in the teachings with Anthony Robbins until he started the fire walks. I see in the news that many have been injured trying this. Not only does this teaching not show one how to get to heaven, but can have the opposite effects. I spent a year in this teaching and basically moved on. I do not regret what I read, but it simply is not stuff that will get you to heaven.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
He gives the false illusion, like so many, that happiness can be found by just getting off your butt and trying harder. Of course there is some truth in this. In Christianity, we are letting God do the transforming, so we just don't become fit and successful people in a capitalist world, but agents for the Gospel message.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YCGP

Apr 29, 2016
Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel that I should move on from Tony Robbins' teachings as well, and spend my time reading scripture and Christian books instead.

I still worry that I am simply giving up. And I still feel the need to cast a negative light on the lives of those very successful individuals who have it all because they decided to go big.

He believes that nothing in life has any meaning except for the meaning we give it. No wonder he believes that God is a woman! He thinks he can just change anything!

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I feel that I should move on from Tony Robbins' teachings as well, and spend my time reading scripture and Christian books instead.

I still worry that I am simply giving up. And I still feel the need to cast a negative light on the lives of those very successful individuals who have it all because they decided to go big.

He believes that nothing in life has any meaning except for the meaning we give it. No wonder he believes that God is a woman! He thinks he can just change anything!
I would advise you to move on from Tony Robbins too. He is a good starting point as he can motivate us to get away from self-pity. But sooner or later, you are going to need someone or something with more substance. And to my way of thinking, he doesn't have it.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

YCGP

Apr 29, 2016
Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would advise you to move on from Tony Robbins too. He is a good starting point as he can motivate us to get away from self-pity. But sooner or later, you are going to need someone or something with more substance. And to my way of thinking, he doesn't have it.

Who should I read? May get myself a couple books for Christmas :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Who should I read? May get myself a couple books for Christmas :)
I'm a catholic and I have been reading the Rule of Saint Benedict recently and commentaries on that. of course the Bible but get some commentaries on that too.
Pray for discernment of God's will because all of our journeys are different.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well we had a lot of american self help motivational guru stuff in the library I think that was popular in the 80s before the sharemarket crashed. Mostly to do with making lots of money etc. not really christian. Those kinds of books are more new age. If you believe it can achieve it etc. sounds good, but tickels the ears. You are your own god. Believe in Yourself.

Christians dont believe in themselves we believe in a God who does the impossible.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟29,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who here believes that the teachings of Anthony Robbins is good for a Christian?

In the title of this thread you asked, Is Anthony Robbins for Christians? May I suggest that Anthony Robbins is for Anthony Robbins.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO USA
✟9,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe they're just fine for a Christian.

Nothing he says in my opinion goes against Christianity. I don't know if he is a Christian or not. It's none of my business really.

Learn from a leader like Tony Robbins if you want to see how far you can go in business. He is also good for understanding motivation, time management and dealing with others.

If there was a Hindu or a Muslim who could teach me about how to do my day-to-day job better, I would certainly listen to him.

You can learn something good from anyone just about. In my estimation, Tony Robbins is far from someone who wants to separate you from God. I've never seen any evidence for that thought.

Go to church if you want to become closer to Christ. Which you probably should. Tony never tells anyone how to get heaven after you die in this world. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. But, if this is a stumbling block for you, then I understand and you should probably avoid his advice.

Upvote 0