Is America following the same path as Israel of old?

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
seriously. the united states is beginning to reap what it as sown but you wont be able to glean that from the judgments of God against Israel in the prophets.

The judgment has always been against what is within us all. What we see on the outside is just a measure of what is within. Looking outside won't do a SPEC of good lest we see the log jam in our own dark eye.

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The judgment has always been against what is within us all. What we see on the outside is just a measure of what is within. Looking outside won't do a SPEC of good lest we see the log jam in our own dark eye.

yes, but does this mean that God is going to deal with the US as he dealt with Israel? why God dealt so harshly with israel as a nation is because they as a nation were God's chosen people, holy to him and for his service. the US was founded on good principles but is not a chosen instrument of God; at least in the sense that Israel was.

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Just read on a news blog that failure to 'buy' Obama care will result in a $25,000 fine and ONE YEAR IN JAIL...

Now just WHERE in the world did my right to make a decision go again? We will soon all be better off IN JAIL imho.
Yep, just another way to give insurance companies free rain to charge people outrageous premiums. It's enough just to pay for car insurance in order to stay out of jail! Give us a break!

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, but does this mean that God is going to deal with the US as he dealt with Israel?

Look, God deals with the EVIL PRESENT within ALL mankind entirely the same as He DID in the O.T. He continues to deal with those powers in us today just as HE did in Israel. WHY do you think it is we ALL remain DIVIDED? God is not about to ALLOW believers of ANY ilk to coalesce into UNITY apart from TRUTH. Christiandom will continue to be DIVIDED, and that 'working' is by GOD HIMSELF continuing to bring OPEN CONFUSIONS upon everyone who picks up the WORD because of the PRESENCE OF EVIL with us all. We are ALL in short 'infected' with that type of anti-spiritual SWINE FLU.

why God dealt so harshly with israel as a nation is because they as a nation were God's chosen people, holy to him and for his service.

All of Israel were openly taught to be GODS CHILDREN in the scriptures. But that was NOT ALL of what Israel was 'carrying' in their flesh.

I've written about these observations extensively here @ this site, but FEW are called 'into Truth' about these matters and they won't be until HONESTY comes IN to show the facts.
the US was founded on good principles but is not a chosen instrument of God; at least in the sense that Israel was.

There are much broader views available of mankind in general from the text than to draw PHYSICAL BORDERS and make observations of those 'external matters.'

God Himself PUT A SPIRIT OF STUPOR upon the people of Israel (Romans 11:8) not one whit differently than what happens TODAY...right here, right now as we speak/read and write to each other.

Here is 'how' that SPIRIT of STUPOR comes upon people everywhere yet today, to 'Americans' to 'Israelites' to 'Muslims.'

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Matthew 13:19
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Luke 8:12
Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

I hope that God allows you to SEE this fact 'personally.' IF you do you will NEVER look upon your fellow man the same way again...and you will also be led in honesty when you take it 'personally.' There was no DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY granted by God to 'believers' in the matters above. Nope...just the opposite. We are PROMISED that it WILL happen.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the main purpose of Israel was to bring about the seed of promise and to bring the light of God to the world, in the widest sense with the incarnation of Christ they succeeded, but in another way they wouldn't accept the promised messiah. one could argue that the US is in prophecy and is coming under God's judgment. but I just don't see it in scripture. not that God cant judge men and nations these days but that the Old Testament prophecies deal with Israel and her direct enemies, not the US. though I do agree squint that God is dealing with the US because of our flagrant disobedience nationally and individually I just cant see that in the OT scripture.

Upvote 0