Is abortion a form of human sacrifice aka blood magic?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems to be but I don't have the ts crossed and the is dotted about it in my mind's eye yet.

Any evidence to support this?

Also, at what stage of development, does the fertilized egg actually become a person and how do you reach this conclusion?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What is 'blood magic'?

The thing about traditional magic is it is not 'magic'! You don't get something for nothing. My bet 'blood magic' is that which sacrifices the life of something as the something needed to 'energize' the magic 'spell'.

The problem with the OP's point is there still has to be some 'spell' involved otherwise the is no magic involved, instead (as a believer in magic would see it) there is a situation like free flowing water as opposed to water going through a turbine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the aborted babies don't go towards blood magic, they go towards research, something much more practical, kind of like a real philosopher's stone, instead of just a ritual.

And you win the thread

Reactions: Shard
Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Any evidence to support this?

Also, at what stage of development, does the fertilized egg actually become a person and how do you reach this conclusion?

A fertilized egg constitutes human life. Genetically. There is no mystery to when human life begins.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
A fertilized egg constitutes human life. Genetically. There is no mystery to when human life begins.

And so does a sperm cell. Or an ovum. And I understand that it is possible to take a skin cell and to copy a new human life from it - so please don't scratch your nose next time it itches.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And so does a sperm cell. Or an ovum. And I understand that it is possible to take a skin cell and to copy a new human life from it - so please don't scratch your nose next time it itches.

No a sperm cell does not constitute human life. This is biology 101. Disagree with then disagree with science and theory of evolution (all predicate on reproduction--which partly explains speciation).

Upvote 0